No announcement yet.

Anybody slept at the airport recently??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody slept at the airport recently??

Hello Everyone!!
    Has anybody slept at the airport recently during a delay or cancelled flight? What did you do?
    Please let me know.

Thanks!
    Chris Flynn

Can't say I have myself but a lot of people certainly have

http://www.sleepinginairports.net/

Comment

hmmm not recently but I once spent a night in the AMS KLM Lounge because of a flight cancellation. The seats were actually quite comfortable to sleep.
      greetings,
      Philip

Comment

Hey Tim, thanks for the link coming as handy in case of

I have slept in a few apts, but experiences date back to a while.

Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I've slept in

LCN
          SIN
          STN

I certainly can't recommend STN... unless you have a sleepingbag or something with you... almost all of the chairs there have armrests, and I had to sleep on a chair joined with a wooden table- MAN I was stiff when I got up, and I kept waking up because the bloodsupply to various parts of my body was stopped

SIN is great- they have these really great chairs LCN is pretty okay too... if you don't mind charter tourists running around everywhere (watch your stuff ).

Comment

Not recently, but a few years ago, our ATL-CDG flight on Air France, scheduled to leave at around 8pm, had some technical issues, so the departure was delayed until around 1am. Of course, activity was pretty much dead except for our flight, so even while the seats were uncomfortable for sleeping, at least the lack of other flights allowed the pax on this flight to spread out over other gate areas, so that one could actually lie flat on the seats.

Forgot to add, after around 9:30pm, all shops and restaurants were closed, so that didn't add to the experience.

Comment

Two years ago in CPH, Flying with Thai.

I was standing there, seeing the aircraft attached on the jetbridge. A good one hour before boarding people were told there's an engine problem with that particular aircraft HS-TGD. It got pulled away from the gate, brought to the maintenance area. Waited around 4 hours, and we finally left at around 1845hrs. It svcked. But I killed the time to wander around in the terminal and taking shots of the view looking out of the windows. Pah....
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

A nice experience was Recife in 1988. I landed so late that everything was closed and bus services to downtown were terminated ! I resorted to negociate with the staff at RG counter for them to accept opening the VIP lounge, which they did not without to make me promise I would be gone at 6 am sharp and altogether go unnoticed by regular patrons I kept the promise, but I could sleep in some comfortable setting, have a shower, and have a quick breackfast at the small buffet ...
                Alain
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                X