Series of unfortunate events: Embraer style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series of unfortunate events: Embraer style

Well as previously mentioned, I am going YEG to get my sis.

Now, we got bumped off AC617 due to lack of F/A's. Then bumped to AC621, an Embraer E-190.

Now I am not one to prejiduce against aircraft (dont say im Prejiduce agains Mexico ) because im open to new "experiences" on different types. But after this, I refuse to fly on a E-Jet. A lot of these E-Jets arnt living up to there optimus prime. Ive been hearing storys of these things SNAFUing left, right, and center but I kept a open mind and thought "ill try it for myself".

So I went on with a open mind, I felt the plane to be small, I was as tall as the max headroom in the plane. Around 5'11'' I am, and I just fit. The planes accually nice inside, I thought the transition from First Class to Hospitality would be a mess. Not the fact that there different, the fact the the isle changes dircection from a bit right to an angle to the center but no, its not really that bad.

So my Dad and I sat in the last row, 32D and 32F. Wingo, not bad. I had an impressive wingview.

All is well, just before the push the plane is fine. Obviously you know somethings gotta mess up.

The cabins nice too, not bad really.

So we sit for a bit, sit, sit, and then sit. Bing Bong "Captain here, we got a sensor issue. were going to taxi to a un-used gate and reset the plane". So we taxied to a part of the ramp not used due to construction.

I got up along with 10 other people and used the bathroom. Suprisingly enough the lav is accually quite big. I used it, and when you flush the can you hear a sound that is reminicent to a jet spooling up ahahahaah. So we sit some more, then he comes back on the PA and says there going to power down the aircraft and try again.

So the cabin went dark. Just like that, peopel continued and I took a pic. The flight attendant went around serving drinks. She saw me take a pic your about to see and said "First time flying?" "No, I fly quite frequently. But its my first, and last time on one of these". She laughed and poured the water and I told her Im not biased, ive just heard bad things about these planes getting mechanicals.

So then the fuel truck came, and the people infront were to Wemon (one was a mom and the other was a teenager) and she got worried cause the fuel truck said "Aviation Services" and "a man is sticking a pipe in the plane!". Its understandable to the general public.

So then cabin power was restored minus cabin lights. The seatbelt sign turned on and I tested my personal light and it seemd to have started a trend.

My Dad talked to the flight attendant, and asked her if we could deplane because we would never meet AC153 connection in YYZ. She said ok and we got off and now, here I ma talking about a fun expericne on a E-Jets aircraft.

Personally, Im gonna try to avoid these planes from now on, Unless its absolutly nesissary to fly on it (IE no other aircraft flying that route or at that time). Im gonna stick to my Airbus's and Boeing's.

Im now booked for Tomorrow on 601 (YHZ-YYZ) and 123 (YYZ-YEG) and 158 (YEG-YYZ) and 604 (YYZ-YHZ) which I will return Tuesday morning. Im gonna try and beat the clock for 24 hours away!
    -Kevin

Sounds like a fun trip! NOT! Crap, send the plane to the rubbish bucket!
    !
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Well I'm 6'2, and I'm booked on one of those babies in august.. yuck

Comment

Same thing happened to me on what was going to be my first flight on an Embraer jet, got upgraded to J class too. As we were waiting to push the captain said they were going to reset the plane, it didnt work so we got rebooked on the next flight, got 27E on a 320 I've been on about 5 E75/90 flights after that and not had a problem.

I don't know why you find the plane to be small though, yes it's smaller than a 320, but I think it feels less cramped, not to mention that the seat pitch is better, and the 2-2 config is just great. I'd much rather fly an E90 on YYZ-LAX instead of a 319 or 320.

Comment

Its a little sad to hear what happened to your flight.

Just curious, What else was that about the sensor issue ?
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Well here is what happened to our buddy Kev. He was booked on AC617 with his Dad. There are 212 seats on the acft, however due to a flight attendant illness the flight was restricted to 200 pax.

Kev and his Dad should have been on the flight, however the In-Charge said that 3 infants onboard were part of the count to 200. She was WRONG (again). They do not count as they are not in seats. The flight departed with 197 pax and Kev and his Dad watched from the terminal window.

On the EMB190 the Capt had a "flt control sensor message" so they were sent to the boonies and had to power down the acft (Control, Alt. Delete?). Things didn't come back online as expected and a reboot was required again. Ac621 departed 1H23 late without our Kev and his Dad.

Comment

^^ I know its a short notice. But how come they didnt try to find a replacement for the sick F/A ?

Comment

They were not really sick, it was Gay Pride day in TO.

Comment

ROFL .....lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                    They were not really sick, it was Gay Pride day in TO.
                    Well he is partially right (a lot right actually. lots of missing IFS this past weekend). I hear the parade was quite something.

YHZ is an IFS base, not a big one though.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                      Well he is partially right (a lot right actually. lots of missing IFS this past weekend). I hear the parade was quite something.

YHZ is an IFS base, not a big one though.
                      The parade is always something, chauvinistic if you will.

Comment

Now that I didnt know. So what if the airline experience this case once again. What will happen then ?

Comment

It happens every year, you just don't know the extent of the book-offs until the weekend is here.

Comment

More proof regional jets suck.

Comment

I dunno, with that many spelling errors I think I'll take the 190 sans Mr. Gomes

Comment

Working...
                              X