• Show
Clear All

• Tcf7517 Bdl-iad & Ual239 Iad-yvr

TCF7517
    ERJ-170
    N632RW
    BDL-IAD
    48 minutes

This was my first flight on the ERJ-170, so I was happy about that. However the weather this morning sucked. Foggy, low visiblity, into the clouds basically right after takeoff. Anyways, did the online check in thing the day before, and when we got to the airport the only thing that had to be done, was check the bags. The UA ticket agents weren't really that helpful and didn't seem to nice. One looked like she really didn't want to be there, and the other two barely spoke English, and I don't think they were even employed by UA, because they had a Huntleigh or something like that uniform.

Anyways, after that, the security line wasn't too long, and I had a few minutes to walk around and take pictures before boarding commenced.
    US Airways Formet America West A320 parked at gate:

Boarding went pretty fast and then soon the door was closed and pushback started. One engine was started, and taxi was done with one engine until just before holding short of runway 6. The takeoff was nice, and I made a video. We were in the clouds a few seconds. The whole flight was between cloud layers so there weren't any good views, and the light sucked. Also a few times ice or something shot out of the AC vents, and on final hot air started coming out. Can anyone with technical experience with the E170 explain that? Overall it was a great a flight, and a nice plane.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyzhcf87814

In Flight:

Cockpit:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UAL239
    A319
    N836UA
    IAD-YVR
    5 hours 22 minutes

Had to take the bus type thing from terminal A to C for the YVR flight. Boarding was started not too soon after we got to the gate. And went pretty quick. When everybody was on the door were closed and pushback started. One engine was started then we taxied on one for a bit before starting the second and setting the flaps. Lined up on runway 30, and held in position for a few secs. Then the power was brought up and the Airbus accelerated down the runway, and lifted off into the hazy/humid/foggy/cloudy sky. For the next 5 hours we crossed the United States. Channel 9 was on too, so that was nice. ATC was asking pilots about turbulence, and everyone was reporting wheather or not it was "smooth" or not when they checked in. As well as skipping around flight levels. there were some rough patches here and there. The inflight movie was "She's the Man" or something like that. Basically a movie about a girl that wanted to play soccer so she pretened to be a boy or something along those lines. Either way, very bad, and I couldn't handle the loss or brain cells from watching it, so i went to channel 9 stayed with the rest of the flight, was much more interesting to listen to turbulence reports and whatnot from other flights, as well as slept a bit. Believe it or not, there was one good looking FA on this flight, and one that would have been good looking if she didn't have acne covered up with makeup. They served the coach section, so that was cool. The grandma FA stayed up in first. I had a bunch of the biscoff cookies which were good, and juice, and took a Pepsi for later. Eventually we started approach for YVR. The approach was the ACORD8. It was cloudy and a bit bumpy. Eventually we were cleared for ILS runway 8R behind an AC 763 ATC gave a wake turbulence caution. I think spacing was like 7 miles or something if remember hearing correctly. Anyways it was poaring rain in YVR, sucky weather all around. But a nice flight none the less. At least it has cleard up now, a few hours later.

Flight video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olTD8eL2EKU

Inflight shot (over some place with nice weather):

Over all a good experince with UA.

That was nice. I enjoyed yor report, especially your photos and video.

I really love your cockpit shot. Less gadgets on the ERJ170

Paul. I left a commnet in your video.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Glad you liked it. The E170 vid is up too, but I think the A319 one came out better personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
        Glad you liked it. The E170 vid is up too, but I think the A319 one came out better personally.
        A319 vid
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olTD8eL2EKU
        E170 vid
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyzhcf87814

The A319 was slightly better than this, but Im not complainin. Great video as well Paul !

What's the airlines policies by filming while inflight ? I see they didnt asked to you tuck it away.. !

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
          A319 vid
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olTD8eL2EKU
          E170 vid
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyzhcf87814

The A319 was slightly better than this, but Im not complainin. Great video as well Paul !

What's the airlines policies by filming while inflight ? I see they didnt asked to you tuck it away.. !
          Not sure... but my policy is just hide the video camera till the FA's are gone I was a little worried on the 170 because people can see around the backs of the seats so I was hoping the people behind me didn't get nervous and report me to the FA when they came around

On the 319, nobody behind you can see though.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
            Not sure... but my policy is just hide the video camera till the FA's are gone I was a little worried on the 170 because people can see around the backs of the seats so I was hoping the people behind me didn't get nervous and report me to the FA when they came around

On the 319, nobody behind you can see though.
            Summer 2005, Flight to the philippines I had an incident with a german F/A. She told me to stop filming. I asked her politely if why I should stop ? Because its an electronic device. And I just looked at her silly, and mentioned that the videocamera wasnt transmitting anything at all. and will not interfere with the aircrafts "computers". She then said as long as I dont annoy the other passengers with my camera, Then its fine. *she blinked at me

Comment

was this on the 346 FRA-CAN-MNL leg
              -Zeypi / CX777 - Cathay Pacific VA Junior First Officer

Next Flights: FS2004
              EK332 DXB - MNL B77W
              NH001 IAD - NRT B77W
              NH007 SFO - NRT B77W
              NH009 JFK - NRT B77W
              NH011 ORD - NRT B77W

Comment

Originally posted by cx777
                was this on the 346 FRA-CAN-MNL leg
                Yup, Thats the flight ! I only flew one time to the Philippines. because of limited vacation

Comment

Boy, this can be called a great report, congrats.
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                  X