Clear All

• Wn Stl-bwi Flight 1195

WN STL-BWI
    FLIGHT 1195
    737-300
    N687SW
    AUG 1

Ok.....Another WN trip. Another BWI trip, if your not interested leave now

I had a friend stay with me over the weekend, and he was flying back home tues, the 1st, I had to make a trip out to BWI to visit a campus for college visits, so i schedueled it to leave after he took off. Booked, done and when it was time to go fly, we went to the airport after grabbing Lunch.

I pulled into the Car lot for Cypress, lokced the car, grabbed the bags, and found the shuttle. We took the shuttle to the airport, got off, and walked inside. Grabbed our boarding passes, and headed through security. Walked through. I was absolutely dying of thirst so I grabbed a water bottle which ripped me off 2.40, OUCH!

We walked around the entire concourse and terminal. It is picking up. As mentioned in the STL thread, we did in fact see the two new gates set up at C-25 and so for the RegionsAir flights. Was interesting to see a jetbridge be used for a prop flight. One was delayed, the other wasn't even at the gate, come to think of it, none of them were at their gates. We walked around trying to go back to the old intl gate area, but as also mentioned it was closed off.

So we turned back and walked all the way back to the East Terminal. Looked at the charter planes sitting at the gate, one was a Champion Air 727.

Next was a Funjet 734 at the gate. This picture just says it all, I am at an airport, there is a plane back there, waiting to take people to fun places, and a beautiful sunset, THATS what flying is all about.....

Anyway I walked around some more, and had to take him back to his gate. His plane arrived, he got on board and watched him take off. I fielded some phone calls on my cell and walked around some more. The sun was slowly setting down and it was getting to be a gorgeous evening. My flight was not scheduled to leave until 8:45pm, right at around after sunset.

I saw a DL 737-800 then land, since it was not schedule I assumed it to be a charter flight, for the Phillys? They were in town, and it wasn't medical or emergency. So I walked around some more and came back to my gate, I sat down and just waited, finally the plane arrived. Yes, a 737-300... but first I got excited thinking it was a -700 because I saw the eyebrows were plugged. Then I looked at the reg and saw it was a -300 and realized I'd be flying on a plugged eyebrow, while not the most exciting news in Aviation, it was pretty sweet for me.

They announced boarding soon, and 50 people were on board, since it was a OAK-SLC-STL-BWI flight, 50 people remained on board from the SLC-STL flight. They announced pre boarding and I got on board. I tried to get the F/A attention to let her know about my hearing impairment but to no degree, the passenger would not shut up about talking to her. I said oh forget and sat down. If she ever walked by i'd tell her then.

They finished up boarding and I had this guy on his cell phone yakking away sitting in the row by me. He was speaking arabic so I couldn't understand him at all. He was screaming into the phone being quite obnoxious and the F/A had to make an announcement for EVERYONE to turn off their cell phones, and he finally did.

We backed out at 8:50pm, and we FLEW out to the runway. Oh man, I never, had taxied so fast in my life. Then I heard a what sounded like a crack..my seat AND tray table had broken. Oh, My, God. So now the table was at a slant and the knob that holds the tray table was barely there. We turned onto the runway and we started going down the runway. As soon as we lifted off, *BAM* The tray table slammed onto my knee. OWWW!!! I tried to hurry to get it back up but it would hardly stay. So i just leaned back and pushed my knee up to it until we were level. Since the taking off at an angle was making the table keep falling down.

We flew quite straight for awhile, making some slight turns and whatnot. F/A came by and took their orders, I got my usual coke. This time they passing out left over cracker planes from the 35th anniversary thing. Tasted just like Ritz crackers. Had quite a smooth flight, enjoyed the spectacular view of ohio and virginia in the dark.

Pretty soon, we started the descent for BWI. Did some turns and we turned over chesapeke Bay. Gear came out, flaps positioned. We landed on 33L, and got off and headed to A-3. I am ALWAYS arriving at that gate on WN, whether its from MDW or STL. Waited for everyone to get off. I grabbed my bag and then got off the plane. Called my cousin and she said she was just arriving!

Perfect timing, i literally walked outside as she was pulling up. Got in the car and we went home.

Alex

Sorry for lack of pics as it was a Night flight, hard to take pics there.
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Each trip is different, there's always some details, as small they could be" which add to the setting while not occuring on a previous occasion.
    For info ; the Funjet 734 in mixed Futura c/s is a nice take
    Good report
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
      This time they passing out left over cracker planes from the 35th anniversary thing. Tasted just like Ritz crackers.
      They ARE Ritz crackers, shaped like little planes and made especially for Southwest by Nabisco. I think they were pretty neat.
      Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by PT737SWA
        They ARE Ritz crackers, shaped like little planes and made especially for Southwest by Nabisco. I think they were pretty neat.
        I KNEW THAT!

I wondered if i was delusional or if they really were ritz crackers. Cause they are my favorite crackers to eat, i just need some cream cheese and im all set!

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Thanks for updating your nice report by posting the Champion Air 727-200
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
          X