Most interesting helicopter-flight???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody is perfect OOOPs re-reading my notes
    I forgot one ride dating back to 1992 during a tour in the USSR becoming Russia courtesy of Alpha Mike Tour
    Location was St-Petersburg Rieschvska (soory for the spelling), fly over the surburban aeras around, sitting next to the pilot who handed me a hearphone with which I tried my best to grapple with russian conversation, chopper was a small MIL MI-2 still in one of the numerous Aeroflot c/s devised by the production unit.
    Regards
    Alain
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Helicopters -- hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Noisy, uncomfortable things that are freezing cold in the winter.

Then again, the only ones I've ever been in are military helicopters: Chinooks, Hueys, Blackhawks. Most memorable experience for me was in the Army -- rappelling out of the side of a Huey at night was absolutely terrifying. The noise of the rotors overhead, the darkness, and not being able to see the ground at all made stepping out onto that skid one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Maybe one of those plush executive helicopters would change my mind about the things. Maybe.

~Gregory
      ________
      Sex Rehab Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CO66
        Back in January I did a Huges 500 chopper ride on Kauai.
        Same here. Interisland. I have their T-Shirt.
        CheckSix

Equipment: A camera (who gives a rip about the brand?)

Comment

NSW Police helicopter August 2003. Arial pursuit of stolen BMW
          Some people in today's society are so thick!

Comment

Originally posted by Triton1831
            Helicopters -- hate 'em, hate 'em, hate 'em. Noisy, uncomfortable things that are freezing cold in the winter.

Then again, the only ones I've ever been in are military helicopters: Chinooks, Hueys, Blackhawks. Most memorable experience for me was in the Army -- rappelling out of the side of a Huey at night was absolutely terrifying. The noise of the rotors overhead, the darkness, and not being able to see the ground at all made stepping out onto that skid one of the hardest things I've ever done.

Maybe one of those plush executive helicopters would change my mind about the things. Maybe.

~Gregory
            So you were in the military? What kind of work did you do in the military?
            Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
              So you were in the military? What kind of work did you do in the military?
              Artillery officer for a M109 battery (155mm self-propelled howitzers.) But most of the helicopter flights were in Officer Candidate School, and the Advanced Officer Course. And always as a passenger!
              ________
              Asian tubes

Comment

Took a ride in a U-H1 around the perimeter of the Naval Base at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba back in the 80's. Nothing like flying low over the trees with your legs hanging out the door! Except the fact that some guy on the ground is pointing a nasty rifle at you and is ready to shoot if you even think about crossing over that fence....

Comment

Working...
                X