Rio to LHR via Madrid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio to LHR via Madrid

I've not felt compelled to post in this forum before but I thought I'd share my experience with Iberia. Frankly they are the worst airline I have ever flown with. 10 hours from Rio in a seat where I couldn't stretch my legs straight and which was also broken. The seat cushion was not fixed on and kept sliding off. Understaffed cabin crew who were unfriendly and unhelpful. No in seat entertainment but aging overhead screens showing repeats of an advert proclaiming how great Iberia are. On the short haul flights between LHR and Madrid you had to pay (grossly overpriced) for food and drink. I would expect this on a LCC but never on a scheduled flight from a national airline. I've flown BA and Lufthansa short haul recently and all refreshments were free.
    All round awful flights and I would recommend avoiding them if possible.

ouch..i am taking IB from svo-mad-gru, if BA has "friendly" cabin baggage arrangements by then i might switch.

next trips
    USA/DXB August.

Comment

Guess that's the first corfirmation to Pbateson's thread about IB being the worst airline.

Wilkinson, can you tell me what equipment you flew with ?
      Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Short haul were A320's and the long haul was an A340-300. Flew in to Sao Paulo and out of Rio and it was the same one!!

Comment

Originally posted by robw
          Short haul were A320's and the long haul was an A340-300. Flew in to Sao Paulo and out of Rio and it was the same one!!
          That's a little too bad. I thought they would use the newer aircraft type, the A340-600's for this route. You probably flew with one of the oldest A343's in their fleet. They got some that 's over 5-10 years old and their A346's are only 2months to 3 years old. I guess you were just lucky to have flown with an old A343 lady

Btw do you remember the reg on this old lady ?
          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
          X