Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aca_srbija
    with what a/c?
    Maybe one on flight sim . I looked it up and East Asia Airlines and Heli Express both helicopter services do a 16 min flight on the route.

Rich

Comment

YVR-YYZ is 37 miles, and in the past I have flown it on

DC8/722 with AC
      732 with PW; and
      732 with CP.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
        Jeez! I don't see how they made ANY profit off of that, even back when fuel was dirt cheap. I don't see who in their right mind would pay the price for a plane ticket on that short of a flight either.

Well some real planecrazy as you and I did

Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Another one I would have loved recording : AMM-Aqaba when RJ's 727-200s ruled supreme. Flight was usually undertaken at low speed, low altitude and so on because VFR was undertaken....
          Some others bypassed since the opening of the thread
          Damas-Aleppo
          Quite a few domestic sectors across the Greek archipelago
          list goes on
          Alain
          Thanks for visiting
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Some more popping by revisiting retrorides !!!

1981 - LGW/LHR - Sikorky 61 Gatwick Airlinks
            and some more dating back to 1990 ....

Flagstaff/Grand Canyon - 54 nm - America West-DeHavillandCanada Dash 8-100

Philadelphia/Baltimore - 91nm-25 mnts US Air Express-Shorts 330
            Puerto Plata-Santo Domingo/Las Americas - 115nm - 727-200 - DO

Washington/DCA-Baltimore - 37miles - 17 mnts - US Air Express - Dash 8

Baltimore/Philadelphia - 91 miles - 24 mnts - US Air Express Jetstream 31

Philiadelphia-Washington/Dulles - 127 miles - 34mnts - United - DC.8-71

Keep you posted when unburrying more
            Alain
            Thanks for visiting
            *JetPhotos*
            Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I think Southwest flies MDW-IND which is 147nm. Not that short for an RJ but I guess pretty short for a 737. There's also MDW-MKE 70nm. But that's flown with an RJ. SDF-CVG used to be flown by MD-88's and 727's. About 74nm.

Comment

Any Embraer flight.

(I couldn't resist).

Comment

Some local ones not yet mentioned include HAM-GWT, 96nm (varying equipment and airlines, varying from Do-228 up to DHC-8-300s), HAM-BRE, 56nm (SF-340s operated by OLT), HAM-HAJ, 71nm (don't remember plane type), and HAM-TXL, 136nm (LH planes, and DL 763 as a tag-on to US-HAM flights.

Comment

I forgot about KONT-KLAX operated by Skywest with EMB-120's. I think that's around 50nm.

Comment

Time to keep opening the souvenirs' bag

The milk run from Douala/CMR to N'Djamena/Chad with enroute stops at Yaoundé, N'Gaoundéré, Garoua and Maroua
                      Airlines & equipment
                      Air Afrique, until '72, DC.4, DC.6B, Caravelle 11R and NAMC YS11s (probably the far best suited !)
                      Air Cameroun, until their demise in '71, Curtiss C.46, DC.4, L.1049G
                      Cameroon Airlines, DC.4, CV.440, 737-200s and 737-300
                      Now the segments shorter than 150 nautical miles
                      DLA-YAO - 109
                      NGE-GOU - 119
                      GOU-MVR - 85
                      MVR-NDJ - 110
                      Time of travel varied from 3 hours to 7 depending of the equipment.
                      Slower : the C.46 surprinsingly in a tie with the YS11 !
                      Fastest : the Baby Boeing.
                      More to come
                      Alain
                      Thanks for visiting
                      *JetPhotos*
                      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

I've also heard back in the days before simulators were common UPS used to do training flights at LEX, 51 nm from SDF. I'm assuming they would have had to fly back and forth between LEX and SDF when they finished their training.

Comment

^Right, so some extra NON-commercial flights undertaken by airliners there and then
                          Orly-Le Bourget & vv
                          Orly-CDG & vv
                          and the shortest of all CDG-LBG & vv,
                          termed as POGO, empty leg ferry hops mostly involving AF fleet member due for/out of scheduled checks as all three shops are focused on specific types.
                          ORY-BVA & vv
                          CDG-BVA & vv with series of touch and goes in between, before Ryanair advant, these represented an un-escapable source of revenues for Beauvais/Tillé.
                          Alain
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

YUL to YMX. Numerous Cdn airlines had to ferry acft between those Montreal stations.

Comment

There are cargo airlines that fly 747's from SFO to LAX. That's not really a short flight but I guess it is for such a large aircraft. Any idea why they do this? I'm sure if they can make it to SFO from Asia they can just as soon make it to LAX. Do they do that much business? Or are they pretty much flying to LAX empty? The one I saw do this was Nippon Cargo Airways.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                                There are cargo airlines that fly 747's from SFO to LAX. That's not really a short flight but I guess it is for such a large aircraft. Any idea why they do this? I'm sure if they can make it to SFO from Asia they can just as soon make it to LAX. Do they do that much business? Or are they pretty much flying to LAX empty? The one I saw do this was Nippon Cargo Airways.
                                Over my house a lot I see a cargo 747 that goes from JFK to EWR. It flys by low because it's so close.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

Working...
                                X