• Horizoncapt
    replied
    Mine would be between Orange County California and Los Angeles California

SNA-LAX flight took about 15 min on a United Express EMB-120

fun little flight

Leave a comment:

• Pilatus
    replied
    My shortest flight was in August 1995 on a United Airlines B741, from BWI to IAD, appr. 10 minutes airborne. But this was not a sheduled service (divertion).
    Shortest sheduled flight probably was from Ilulissat to Aasiaat, Air Greenland Dash-7, appr. 15 minutes airborne.

Leave a comment:

• Greg J.
    replied
    It was a long time ago. I think the flight may have been going to OAK for maintainence.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    What time period was it? I'm assuming definitely not during the oil crisis. I don't even know when that was exactly.

Leave a comment:

• Greg J.
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    I heard on a.net it was a UA 727 that did that flight.
    I remember now! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    I heard on a.net it was a UA 727 that did that flight.

Leave a comment:

• Greg J.
    replied
    A long time ago, I think there was a flight from sfo-oak. It would have been easier driving over the Bay bridge than to take that flight.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Paper airplane flying ffrom my desk to my bud's desk on math class - flight time approx. 10secs

Leave a comment:

• ASpilot2be
    replied
    How about JNU-SIT on Alaska. It is 20 minutes on a 737.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    Originally posted by a78jumper
    YVR-YYZ is 37 miles, and in the past I have flown it on

DC8/722 with AC
    732 with PW; and
    732 with CP.
    Isn't that Vancouver to Toronto? That's got to be far longer than 37 miles

Leave a comment:

• Electric-Jet
    replied
    Its a Kalitta Air.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by boeing744
    Over my house a lot I see a cargo 747 that goes from JFK to EWR. It flys by low because it's so close.
    What airline is it?

Leave a comment:

• Electric-Jet
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    There are cargo airlines that fly 747's from SFO to LAX. That's not really a short flight but I guess it is for such a large aircraft. Any idea why they do this? I'm sure if they can make it to SFO from Asia they can just as soon make it to LAX. Do they do that much business? Or are they pretty much flying to LAX empty? The one I saw do this was Nippon Cargo Airways.
    Over my house a lot I see a cargo 747 that goes from JFK to EWR. It flys by low because it's so close.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    There are cargo airlines that fly 747's from SFO to LAX. That's not really a short flight but I guess it is for such a large aircraft. Any idea why they do this? I'm sure if they can make it to SFO from Asia they can just as soon make it to LAX. Do they do that much business? Or are they pretty much flying to LAX empty? The one I saw do this was Nippon Cargo Airways.

Leave a comment:

• ptbodale
    replied
    YUL to YMX. Numerous Cdn airlines had to ferry acft between those Montreal stations.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X