No announcement yet.

Worst flight you've been on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worst one for me was on a Eurowings A319 from Palma back töo Düsseldorf in 2000. It was a the time when they were trying to become a low fare business carrier with nice fake leather seats. It was early April so it was quite cool in Germany, but already lovely warm in Mallorca. When boarding we were surprised by the "leather" seats but also by the absolutely missing leg room. But who cares it is only a short hop, was what I was thinking. So I make myself comfortable in the seat and wonder why it is so warm in the aircraft, meanwhile the sun has come out. But we should depart any minute now. Well 5 minutes pass, then 10 then 15 and then 30. So first passengers ask the crew what is happening. It turns out that one of the busses taking tourists from the hotel to the flight had an accident and a replacement was sent and they are waiting for those 30+ people to show up. Unfortunately the ac was out of order and it became hot and hotter in the plane. So we waited another 45 minutes sweating like pgs in those fake leather seats. That was one of the worst.

The other, was totally unreleated to the plane or airline, but still bad. On a flight back from Tenerige we had a dutch mother and her son named Marlon on board. Well he was screaming and running through the cabin the whole 4 hours and his mother thought that it was quite funny. Never have I been closer to kill a child then on that day.

As a Miles and More card user, I never had any problems on non charter flights though.

Comment

They dont have ground power at Palma to run the A/C?

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
        Oh I totaly forgot when i came back from SXM on American Airlines (757) Sat in 1A so the flight from SXM-JFK was nice..... until we got to JFK at which point most of the Eastern Seaboard blacks out. Leaving us and about 100 other aircraft stranded on the tarmac. 6 hours later (the flight was sched as 4.2 hours so add another 6 to it and your looking at 10.2 hours on a 752) we finally get assigned a gate. At which point i get jumped on by customs goons and interogated for 2 hours with no explanation. Retards. lol I finally get to the Waldorf in the city at 4am. 3 hours before I have to brave another day in blackout conditions trying to get a train to PHL. Yeah it wasnt fun haha.
        Was that the 2003 east coast blackout?

Comment

LHA to YOW on a Nationair 752

Hands down the worst was a military charter from LHA (Lahr FRG) to YOW on a filthy 752 belonging to Nationair. I did not expect much it being a military charter but that does not excuse a filthy aircraft that obviously had not been cleaned for months, and a slovenly could not care less cabin crew in equally dirty uniforms. Sort of made you wonder what they thought about aircraft maintenance issues and the like.

Seat pitch was about 29" with 228 seats, which made for a very uncomfortable non stop 3900 mile flight, especially so given I was hurting bad from a neck injury suffered the month before.

This was my second lousy experience with Nationair, which strengthened my resolve never to fly with charters unless absolutely necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
            It's probably gotta be a couple of years back flying Manchester to Dublin hungover. The flight duration was only an hour, but it pretty turbulent all the way through (especially coming into DUB) and the air conditioning wasn't coming through very strong at all so it was very warm inside the cabin.
            Dale
            Actually that reminds me of a flight on a BA 757 from LHR to MAN. We'd just done a gig in Portugal somewhere and hadn't slept for over 30 hours. We were flying LIS-LHR-MAN, and rather unwisely a few of us decided to get ridiculously drunk on the four hour drive to LIS after the gig, and by the time we arrived at LHR we were extremely tired and still a pissed. The flight was a bumpy one which I usually love, but not on this occasion, and this particular 757 was sadly lacking air vents at the back of the cabin. That has to be in my top 3 most uncomfortable flights list!

Paul
            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Was that the 2003 east coast blackout?
              The very same.... In retrospect not a good time to be flying! lol As we all know the US internal domestic product sucks b*lls. So to have to sit on an AA752 (even in First Class) for over 10 hours with 1 meal service and then just a few soft drinks left (some fat f*ck ate all the pretzels!) was not fun. Still, I have to spare a thought for those poor b*stards down the back who, no doubt had to pay for any drinks that were left.

Comment

Re:

I've had a fair number of flights which weren't that great, but a particular series of flights from OKC to BOM stick out as the most unpleasant ones, mosty due to weather and fellow pax. Glad to say it wasn' the airline's fault.

Even before the day we were supposed to fly out, we got hit by an ice storm which dumped 3 inches of ice, effectively delaying us. So after spending eight hours on and off the phone trying to get rebooked and convincing our stupid travel agent to enter an airline code into his system to get us rebooked, we had ust about had enough, but, it was far from over. On the day of the trip, the stupid Eagle ATR broke down at DFW and American Eagle in its usual laid-back manner took an hr and 45 min. to send us a replacement. Saver #1: It was an ATR 72-500 (the 500th ATR) that they sent, took about 37 min to get to DFW. Unfortunately, after landing on the west side of the field, the bus driver was having a great time chatting away for a few minutes with the FA. We made it to our connecting LH flight to FRA just as they were about to close the door.

Stuck in the midde two seats. Once we were out over the Atlantic, we got some of the worst turbulence I've ever experienced. Landing at FRA was on time however and the dense early morning fog cleared out later. Saver #2: I was at FRA on my b'day.

Then, again without a window seat, we prepared for the last flight to BOM. Ahh, at least it'll be a good flight. Boy were we mistaken. Some ultra-spoiled rich brat 3-4 rows in front of us just couldn't stop screaming his lungs out and his shrill voice pushed me to my very upper edge of patience. I was already extremely tired and frustrated from all the stuff the past 3-4 days, now I had to deal with this crap. The brat continued the shrieking all the way till BOM. And pax complain about how "noisy" a 747 is! Most of all what angered me was the fact that his parents put a deaf ear to whatever he was screaming about, I felt like going over and slapping one on the guy, but oh well. Boy was I ever glad to get OUT of an airplane. Of course, it follows that our bags never made it on the plane at DFW and we got them two days later.

I hope that is the first and last time I have flights like that.

Comment

Why people dont invest in Bose noise cancelling headsets is always a mystery to me. The amount of flights that have been saved from being total sh*te due to noisy kids/pax nearby with these headphones is amazing.

Comment

Worst flight?

Where shall I begin?

Last year I had to fly to Canton South China for business. Booked a flight from MAN-HELSINKI-CANTON by Finnair. Helsinki to Canton was on a MD 11, that I was looking forwad to. Great flight, on our return we boarded our MD 11, I was seated on a twin seat right at the back of the aircraft near the darn toilets. After 2 hours in our seats we were told by captain that we were waiting for 1 yep 1 passenger who had checked in his luggage but hadn't made his way to aircraft.
                    The seat next to me was the only empty seat on the plane....a relaxing 10 hours with a double seat...or so I thought!! 10minutes later the last passenger arrived. Why is it the largest most obnoxious passenger ALWAYS sits next to me? Anyway this guy delayed our flight by 2 hours and 15mins, I had to spend 10 hours squashed in my seat with his flab hanging over my arm rest. Of course this passenger also had to snore and to top it off....had a personal hygene problem. I wont go into this guys eating habbits...needless to say I didn't have the appetite to have anything.

We arrived at Helsinki 2 hours late, only to be told our connecting flight to Manchester had gone without us, great. We were then told in order for us to make it back to Manchester that day, we had to catch a Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt, ok the flight leaves in 15minutes. After a mad dash to the other side of airport we catch the flight to Frankfurt, 3 hours later we arrive in Frankfurt. We were then booked on a flight to Manchester, 1.30hours later we arrive in Manchester.

We waited 90minutes for our luggage......only to be told our luggage never left Helsinki and was still showing at Vantaa airport. We were NOT amused. 3 days later our luggage turned up, thankfully un-molested by customs.

So Finnair delayed the flight for ONE passenger. All the misery was worth it for my first flight on a MD 11.

Thats one of my nightmare flights...my next one will be my not-so-enjoyable flight on PIA.

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                      They dont have ground power at Palma to run the A/C?
                      They should have, but for one reason or the oher they did not attach or re-attach it. Perhaps they were expecting the missing paxs every minute and wanted to go as quickly as possible .. I do not know.

Comment

The worst flight I´ve been was G3 1853 BVB-MAO in october 25th 2005, flown by 737-700 PR-GOW. Most time of flight we had turbulence, I was suffering severe headache and with me was an old girlfriend that now I consider a b**ch

Comment

My worst ever flight was in June 2005 flying from Gatwick to Margarita. The First Choice 763 was perfect, the flight was perfect, however I was with a an ex girlfriend. We split up a month before the holiday but decided that we would be ok just going as friends - what a mistake. It was the longest most uncomfortable feeling being sat next to her for 10 hours knowing what she did a month ago. But I felt a little better watching her as we had some moderate clear air turbulence over the Atlantic and then the hard landing in Porlamar. On the return I paid a little extra and moved seats.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected]
                            My worst ever flight was in June 2005 flying from Gatwick to Margarita. The First Choice 763 was perfect, the flight was perfect, however I was with a an ex girlfriend. We split up a month before the holiday but decided that we would be ok just going as friends - what a mistake. It was the longest most uncomfortable feeling being sat next to her for 10 hours knowing what she did a month ago. But I felt a little better watching her as we had some moderate clear air turbulence over the Atlantic and then the hard landing in Porlamar. On the return I paid a little extra and moved seats.

Steve
                            Reminds me so much of that Seinfeld episode with Puddy and Elaine. If anyone actually watches that show.

Comment

I was on a Pan Am Clipper Connection charter Flight to STT a year ago. The way down we had to stop in ORF for fuel. The 600 Am flight got in to STT at 300 PM. My dad asked why we needed to stop and The pilot (dont know whehter it was the captain, F/O, or F/E) told my dad that they didnt have the range to make it to STT. Clearly this was not true because we stopped at SJU for fuel and headed straight to JFK. We left in the late morning and didnt get back till the evening (i dont remember the time) The planes werent orginally PA birds, but still hadnt been renovated in a while. I wouldnt reccomend them to anyone.

On CO 90 to TLV the F/As were just obnoxious. It really speaks poorly about an airline to have bad F/As because they really make or break your experience with an airline.

Comment

Dup

Comment

Working...
                                X