Clear All

• ABY-ATL-IAD (Part II) On ASA & Delta

Flight# 4652 ABY-ATL
    Seat: 11A
    Departs: 10:19 AM
    Arrives: 11:12 AM
    Aircraft: CRJ-100ER N881AS
    Load Factor: 100%!

Pulled up to a parking spot at the Albany airport at 9:30 AM. The check-in line consisted of one person, not including myself. Within ten minutes I was waiting in the gate area. Albany is by far the smallest airport I've ever been in (see pictures below) with only one gate, and maybe a total of 300 passengers going through there each day. The flight started boarding at 9:58, ensuring an on-time departure. I walked from the terminal out to the A/C, not even with a walkway. That's the way I like it :P.

The plane was very clean and well kept, better than the previous CRJ of ASA that I had been on. The flight attendant was bright eyed and happy, a welcome change from the dull flight attendant on my last flight. I sat down in 11A, on the same row I sat in on the way down, just on the left side of the plane. By ten minutes after ten, everyone was boarded and we were ready to go. Doors closed at 10:15, and we started to taxi (after the engines started, of course.) We taxied to the end of the runway, turned around, and took off.

We cruised for about 25 minutes, and then el capitan pulled back the throttles and started the descent into Atlanta. We landed a bit hard, but not bad. We came in at gate C24, after waiting a minute for another CRJ to clear the gate. We deboarded and walked through a "covered walkway" and i made my way over to A18, two terminals north of C.

Aircraft: 9/10--Clean and fairly comfy (low window issue aside)

Crew: 10/10--Looked happy to be there.

Service: 10/10--Not really time on this flight for drinks, snacks, etc.

Overall 29/30 = 96%. Kudos to ASA for a pleasant and on-time flight.

Home of the marine corps logistics base!

A few facts about Southwest Georgia Regional!

Terminal Area (cropped my dad out, figured he'd rather not be in the TR. )

CRJ-100, we meet again....

Wingview!

Check out those clouds!

Walking forevereverever to terminal A.

Flight# 580 ATL-IAD
    Seat: 31A
    Departs: 12:44 PM
    Arrives: 2:35 PM
    Aircraft: MD-88 N964DL, Manufactured 8-19-1990

After what seemed like a mile of a walk, i sat down at gate A18, with a good view of the window. After looking in my wallet and only finding $2.00, I knew all I was going to get was some water (had some nuts in my bag.) After some nuts and water, I read my book for about ten minutes before they started to announce boarding. I boarded with zone 4, and sat down in my seat (31A) after a pleasant "good afternoon" from the flight attendant welcoming the passengers aboard. 31A really is the perfect seat on Delta's MD-88. The engine is close, and you're sitting right behind the wing. No middle seat to be had, either. The flight attendants' jump seat is where the third (aisle) seat would be.

After all of the other pax boarded, it wasnt but ten minutes before pushback commenced. We started to taxi out to the runway, but we stopped and waited fifteen minutes for 'traffic control' from Dulles. I fell asleep a few times before takeoff, but I was awake for the takeoff itself :P. Takeoff was typical MD-80, and we climbed to cruising altitude. I read my book (Stephen King's "The Stand.") until the drink/snack cart came my way. I had Biscoff (of course.) and some water.

After the snack, I read for the rest of the flight, and took a few cabin shots from my seat. We descended over the area I live in (NW VA) and the landing at Dulles was very smooth. We taxied by the cargo ramp, where I saw a FedEx MD-10, 727-200, and A-300. We pulled up to gate B44, and of course everyone stood up immediately in a race to get off the plane.

Baggage took about 30 minutes to come out, but that's typical Dulles.

Aircraft: 9/10--Delta's MD-80's must be some of the nicest flying. Better than American's MD-80's if you ask me.

Crew: 10/10--Very friendly and efficient.

Service: 8/10

Overall: 27/30 = 90% again, great job DL. On-time and friendly service.

Allo there MD-88.

Bigger shot

Reg #

Cabin during boarding

Wingview, notice crewmember doing the walk-around.

Legroomage!

Mr. MD-88 wing!

Cabin shot without people up and about

One more wingshot!

Peekaboo, I see you JT8D....

Yet another cabin shot (getting bored at this point....)

....LAST WINGSHOT, I SWEAR....

Muwahahaha, had you fooled, didn't I?

Thanks for reading!

2006 Honda Insight Hybrid 1.0L/1991 Honda Civic Si 1.6L/1991 Honda CRX Si 1.6L

Another good report. THanks for sharing.

Comment

Sounds like Delta is doing a good job. Good to here.
      Will C.

Comment

Working...
      X