Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT'S THE NASTIEST PLANE YOU EVER FLEW ON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For sure it was a Jat B727 from FRA to Yugoslavia! Dirtiest and nastiest aircraft and airline i ever travelled on! Never again will i step into another Jat aircraft!
    I'm really brown not black, dunt get fooled!

Cool_Flyer

Comment

I flew on a TWA DC9(N983Z) a few years ago from Toronto to St. Louis. The seat covers were alright but the wall was falling apart around me and the washroom was desgusting! not to mention the plane had a serious paint peeling problem around the cockpit (outside) so some of the airplane was green!

Comment

Allegro Air

The nastiest plane I have flown on (By Far!) was a chartered Allegro flight from ATL to AUA. It was on a 727. Oldest plane I have ever flown on! The service was also terrible (there was 1 flight attendant).

Comment

As it is illegal to operate a B727 with just one flight attendant you may wish to post the details of the flight number, date and charterer so the FAA can investigate.

As to the worst aircraft I've flown on Piedmont F28s spring to mind - poor headroom for window seat passengers as the wall curved in toward the overhead bins and the aircraft were very noisy down the back - no doubt everyone else's F28s were as bad.

TAROM IL 18. Flew from Constanta to Istanbul and back in 1973. The IL 18, as an aircraft, gave a lovely ride and was very stable in the thunderstorm we encountered on leaving Istanbul just before midnight on a September night, but the seats were torn, on the flight out we were offered a bar of bitter chocolate and a glass of tepid water for breakfast and, on take-off from Constanta, the partition between the cockpit and the cabin fell apart.

Finally, some of Ryanair's 737-200s could do with some new seat cushions, but as they are near to retirement and my last Ryanair flights cost 1 Cent (European) and 1p Sterling respectively, I'm not complaining too much.
          PhilB

Comment

China Eastern MD-11 that I flew on out of LAX to china. Dirty inside and out and not very pleasant flight attedants. The food wasn't that good, either.

Comment

This Plane:

[photoid=110976]

I flew on this plane in coach STL-OGG for 9 hours (the longest flight I have ever flown). This was late March, 2002, a few months after AA had obtained TWA, so the flight was operated by AA with a TWA aircraft. The plane still had the old TWA seats, gum was stuck to the backs of seats, the traytables weren't in really good shape, and the fabric on the seats was tearing. Not horrible (I was able to survive), but in comparison with all of the other flights I have flown, this plane's interior was the worst.

My Photos On Jetphotos.net

Comment

Avianca - 7 Hours to Peru

My worst/nastiest flight was in the mid 1980's when I flew from MIA to Peru on an Avianca B-707 similar to this one: http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=44562

The Smell!!!

For the seven hour night-flight I was seated at the front left bulkhead (no first class). I hade enough leg room to squeeze a gnat in between my legs.

The bathroom had a flushing problem and there was a terrible stench eminating from it. There was always some fluid/solid waste swishing about in the toilet.

The entire arcraft was filthy and had never had a good internal cleaning.

The A/C was not functioning and just recirculated air from within the cabin and whatever small amount of outside air got in.

Most of the passengers did not maintain proper hygiene and therefore added the smell of body odor to the mix.

Meals were not served nor were beverages and I wished I had known this before I left the airport.

The Peruvian(?) lady across the aisle was eating some sort of fish wrapped in newspaper that she pulled out of her purse. The man behind me could not get the nerve to barf (from the smell of fish, urine, crap and body odor) in a barf bag so he skipped to the bathroom where upon we immediately hit turbulance and the smell of his partially digested lunch was added to the atmosphere for the duration of the flight as it did not quite make it all into the toilet.

I wish that I could have thrown up too, but I had nothing to give.

Being a night flight I could not take my mind off the smell by looking out the window - so I must have either passed out or my memory was erased from this traumatic flight that I cannot recall landing, but I do remember getting off of the plane in Iquitos where it was miserably hot at about 2:00 AM - and I LOVED IT compared to that flying armpit!
                Will Lyster

Comment

Originally posted by AIRLNRGUY
                  It was an America West 737-200, the plane smelled like sewage
                  Well cant be as bad as KLM MD-11 that instead of sucking out sewage waste it spat it out in SXM! Read about that one in Airliners mag.

My worst flight was on a Balkan TU-154 sometime in 1994-1995, truly awful expirience, and apparently they still havent changed, frozen food etc!
                  E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Oh Boy you think America West is nasty...damn you dont know nada...

I have a small list lol:

All of my TAESA flights...it was a disaster, some of the upper compartments opened up everytime the plane landed or took off ....

Aerocaribe F27 from CUN to Cozumel...some drunk girl threw up and all the vomit was passing through the floor so we had to put our feet up ....it was nasty but thank god it was just 15 minutes...

Aeromar ATR 42 from ZIH (Ixtapa) to Mexico City...the plane smell like shhh.....

Click & Help

ONE

Comment

The nastiest plane I ever flown was Martinair B767.
                      And the cleanest were United B777 and KLM B747

Comment

For Me:

B747-168 From Jeddah(Saudi Arabia) to LHR (UK) (The 1st and only time on B747-100)

6 Hours God Bless Us!!!!!

It was Saudi Arabian Airlines in 23/8/1998, even it was with the new logo

Over London 2 min before landing the Audio Sys and TV and all lights stop for seconds then it return back ( I don't know why)

The engines were old RR.

For my Mother is DC-8 on Saudi Arabian Airlines in 1980>>>>
                        15 Nov is my Birth day! I want A340? pls dad pls mom LOL

Comment

Lina Congo Fokker F.27 TN-ABZ and TN-ACR, completely run down, right
                          last row of seats on board Bravo Zulu litterally roaming on their owns since most of the bolts were past memories.
                          Kenya Airways 707-351B 5Y-BBJ, row 27/28 D/E/F wilton carpet of floor cover turned into kinda of a flying carpet as it turned loose.
                          BEA Trident 1, all seats dotted by spots ....Sorry I have not the reg , exp dating back to 1971 was not yet reg minded.
                          Air Afrique most DC.8s especially TU-TCA, TCB both 53s and TCD a rare 33, some extreme smell of a vegetable called Manioc, which smells strong when peeled and the smell of which just inprignates every thing around especially fabrics used for window and bulkhead curtains and seat covers.
                          Air Inter Airbus A.300B2-1C, all economy high density 314 seater.
                          Most Tristar 1s, the ones coming with not overhead beans for psgrs accomodated in central rows and getting themselves to cope with a LAX-ATL 4 hours non stop on board an aircraft crammed to the last square inch aviable.
                          More to come.
                          Thanks for visiting
                          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                          *JetPhotos*
                          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Sounds like me an frist are the only 1's wit nice clean rides
                            Welcome to Buckeye City! They call me Mr.sniffles

Comment

boarding passes

Hello,

My hobby is to collect boarding passes.
                              If you have some boarding passes of your flight can you
                              send them as jpg file to my e-mail adress [email protected]?
                              (e.g. boarding passes of Saudi Arabia Airlines,Lina Congo,Martinair,
                              KLM,TAESA, Aeromar,Balkan,China Eastern,Allegro etc.)

Comment

JAT Yugoslav Airlines Boeing 727-200 which I flew from Beirut International to Belgrade- the plane was filthy , the meals served onboard had come from Belgrade, The bread rolls were stale, the tray tables were absolutely soiled with thick yellow looking stuff.
                                The plane stopped off in Damascus (Beirut-Damascus 20 minutes) where a one armed cleaner came onboard with a rubbish bag.
                                About 2 and a half hours into the flight, I went to the toilet to shave and omg, the toilet was overflowing with shit and the 4 flight attendants were just sitting in the rear galley smoking. Saying that, the flight wasn't too bad and was very cheap.
                                Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Working...
                                X