No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gva-lcy-gva

    First flights after my inscription for Flying Blue

    On July 1st, 2007 I sent my inscription for the Air France/KLM/Northwest Airlines program Flying Blue and there was an offer to earn 3000 bonus miles for the first flight in the 6 months following the inscription. So it was a good reason to tell my parents that I wanted to go to spot in LHR On July 15th I finally booked my flights to LCY.

    Saturday August 11th, 2007

    Geneva - London City
    CityJet for Air France, AF 5190
    Scheduled departure: 0755
    Actual departure: 0800
    Scheduled arrival: 0840
    Actual arrival: 0825
    Flying time: 1h25

    BAe 146-200
    Seat 11A

    Photo Copyright: Frank Robitaille
    Registration: EI-CWA
    View Full Size

    For this flight I checked in the day before in order to avoid going to the airport at 0500 and asked for the last row. I got seat 18A and as I didn't have any luggage I went back home.

    The trip started badly as the ticket couldn't be read by the machine for the boarding.. The reason of it was that the plane had only 16 rows.. After some verifications to be sure that I was on this flight they finally gave me seat 11A.

    After the boarding we left Geneva 5 minutes after the expected time.

    About 30 minutes after the take-off a breakfast was served. It was composed of a sandwich with ham and cheese, a croissant and a fresh cheese that was more a yoghurt than cheese To drink I took an orange juice and some tea.

    The view from my window when we were arriving over the British Channel.

    Last turn before the landing.

    And we finally landed.

    Sunday August 12th, 2007

    London City - Geneva
    CityJet for Air France, AF 5195
    Scheduled departure: 1945
    Actual departure: 2015
    Scheduled arrival: 2230
    Actual arrival: 2245
    Flying time: 1h30

    BAe 146-200A
    Seat 4A

    Photo Copyright: Peter McSorley
    Registration: EI-CSK
    View Full Size

    I ckecked-in 4 hours before the departure and got seat 4A. Then I went outside the airport to spot before passing security controls.

    The boarding started at 1915. At least we thought it was the boarding... Actually it only allowed us to go in a smaller waiting room without anyting except some seats. We waited there for 30 minutes and then took place in a bus to go to the aircraft. But when we arrived at the aircraft they simply told us that we had to stay in the bus. Nobody could know why... It lasted 15 minutes. After that we could finally go into the plane and left at 2015. Before the take-off the pilot explained us that the delay was caused by the late arrival of the catering...

    Some pictures after the take off over London at sunset.

    A small meal was served about 30 minutes after the take-off. It was composed of a small ham-sandwich and a chocolate-muffin. There was also a selection of drinks and I took a coke.

    I didn't take any other pictures as I flew by night but we landed with a delay of 15 minutes.


    The on-board service was excellent on the first flight with a good and complete meal. And the return flight was good too, even if the dinner could have been bigger..
    Want to trade some safety cards? Go to

  • #2
    Glad to hear you had a halfway decent trip!