Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORD-TUL-ORD on AA

Folks,
    Here is my first Trip Report, please bear with me, since this is the first time I have done one.
    Saturday
    We left my place in suburban Downers Grove at about 1240 and made good time got to O'Hare at about 1315, checked in at the American Airlines Self-Check in Ticket Counter since we didn't have checked Bags and they tried ripping us off for a $90.00 upgrade to first. Going thru Security was quick and painless, right after coming out of the check pointed I photographed a KLM Asia B747

After that and snapping a MD-80, we proceed to gate at H14 and waited for our plane to come in. While I was waiting for that, I did some Plane Spotting or as my cousin who works for UAL would say Airplane Junking

Our Plane

Boarding was commenced at 1445 and I sat in 13F the Window Seat and started to take a few pics and at about 1500 we backed out of the gate, and then it 1took about 10 Minutes until we finally took off, I just love the sound of the Mad-Dog's on take off, there soooo cool.
    Here are a few pics from our Taxi

Finally at about 3:10PM we took off and flew west towards Moline and then turned Southwest went just North of Kansas City and then turned to make our Sprint to Tulsa.
    Here are a few Photos from Inflight

The Complementry Inflight Beverage

About 30 Minutes before Landing the Captain started the decent which was smooth. We arrived at about 4:50PM
    http://travel.webshots.com/photo/251...00439591DKIVTR
    We got our rental car and left. Return shortly, it gave new meaning to the word interesting. Part Two is next
    John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Ok Here are a few pics from Plane Spotting in TUL first
    We got out of a meeting at the University of Tulsa at 1430, so my Dad decided to drive around and see if he could find the AA overhaul base, since he wanted to have a look at it, since that's where he saw there first DC-10 when they were new and we went Plane Spotting.
    1. DHL DC-9

2. The Future Home of the NWA Employees Dumpster Dive Assistance Fund HQ. It is actually used for Fire Training

3. Yay!!! We found it, I snapped off 2 Pics, before the Security Guard asked me to leave even though on a Sidewalk, which I didn't argue with

4. 2 Fokker 100's from Brazil, my Dad screamed when he saw them because he has BAD memories of them at AA

Then after that we went to Check in and then went thru Security as usual I set off the alarm since my Arms sideswiped the thing, there was a sniffing dog there as well. Then after that we went to sit and I did some plane spotting
    5. N504AE arrives from DFW, this plane later would led to a interesting night

6. ExpressJet ERJ145 Leaving Tuls

7. American Connection and American Eagle sitting next to each other

Now off to the Gate
    N554AA right before all hell broke loose

Now it becomes interesting!!!!
    At 5:10PM N554AA which would become Flight 1754 arrives about 20 Minutes down, after that N504AE which was on the DFW run that I Just saw got sent back due to DFW being closed, so they unloaded the plane and decided what to do with the people, anyone that was bound for SFO, LAX, SEA, RDH or NSH, were put on 1754. Then to add to that mess, people wanted there bags so we had to wait to unload those off the AE and put them on 1754. At 5:30PM Boarding commenced as always my Dad and I were running to see who won the Window seat, as usual I won 16A was our seat, the flight was only 60% full, so the FA's did let everyone spread out if they wished. At 5:55PM we pulled out, then we stopped due to some Military Aircraft Losing a Rim and they had to town it in and that delayed us, if that wasn't enough the Captain told us that DFW, ORD and TUL had been closed sometime during the day, due to Highwinds in ORD and TUL's case, we were the 2nd plane to take off after the Closer at TUL. DFW due to Weather

At 6:15PM the Captain Opened up the Throttle and showed what I love about the MD-80's and took off, and the night was spectacular. The Sunset was so beautiful the FA went looking thru the Cabin to see who took the Photos so she could see them. Our Flight path took us over the Lake of the Ozark's, cross the Missouri at Columbia, MO, Mississippi over Quincy, MO, over Peoria, thru the Northside of Chicago and then Finally landing

Another view of the Sunset

At about 7:00PM the Captain told everyone to get back in and get ready to land ofcorse that took a bit, since we had to circle over downtown and then land. Oh Yea we landed at 7:40PM, but we sat on the tarmac for 15 Minutes due to lack of gates.
    A view of Chicago at night

AE Planes waiting for there next call to duty

Any Questions, Comments, constructive criticism or general info please ask.
    John Poshepny

If the Wright brother were alive today Wilbur would have to fire Orville to reduce costs. Herb Kelleher, Southwest Airlines, 'USA Today,' 1994

Comment

Wonderful flight review! Was a pleasure to read. I really liked the sunset pics, I do believe you should try and upload them to the DB. Can't wait to read more of your reviews!

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
        Wonderful flight review! Was a pleasure to read. I really liked the sunset pics, I do believe you should try and upload them to the DB. Can't wait to read more of your reviews!

-Chris
        Chris,
        Thanks for the compliment, I will certantly try later tonight to upload them. Once all the HW done that is.
        John Poshepny

Comment

Originally posted by AASuper80Fan
          Chris,
          Thanks for the compliment, I will certantly try later tonight to upload them. Once all the HW done that is.
          Well I wish you the best of luck in your upload. The Q is rather long so it will take a few days before you haer from the screeners.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
          X