BA025 HKG-LHR. With a Russian twist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey nice pics Alex.

Unfortunately we were not allowed to leave the hotel because we were not legally in Russia, shame, would have been fun to explore!

Comment

That must have been awesome. I really want to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg soon

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
        That must have been awesome. I really want to visit Moscow and St. Petersburg soon
        Need tips on any of the cities ? I've been to both . St. Petersburg 4 times, Moscow tousands of times including being born there and living there for 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
          Just go... Russia is a drug for me now lol... Just go and hang around with the russian spotters and you'll have the time of our life. If you need any help I'll be glad to answer any question... and oh yeah start to learn how to read cyrilic... really needed.

Cheers
          Alex

Comment

Yep question...how do I go to Russia as an 18 or 19 year old American and a. not get killed and b. work my way around the cities?

Comment

I never felt unsecure during all the time I spent in Russia. Sure you have to be careful but it's probably way safer than most of american cities. I walked at 3 am in Moscow, St-Petersburg or Socchi and did night photography without problem at all. Just contact me on Msn via my profile and I'll give you all the contacts and tips you'll need.

Regards

Comment

Superb report!

I flew London Heathrow to Hong Kong with Virgin Atlantic a couple of years ago and a Chinese lady required medical assistance. An onboard doctor managed to get the situation under control so a divert was not necessary.

Comment

very interesting story, backed up by some great photo's.

Comment

Wow...what an experiance!

Comment

Such a nice trip mate! I hope you had a good time in Russia! I've never had any experience like that before apart from normal delay at the airport lol Thanks for you sharing your trip report and I'm pleased to see those photos!

Thanks again!

Comment

Very interesting report and great pictures accompanying. I was not aware BA was installing AVOD in Y, I thought it was just Y+. Good for them!

Comment

man, awesome trip!!

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind words! Yeah it was definitely an experiance, would like to go to Russia again one day, hopefully a scheduled trip though

Comment

Excellent report on this possible lifetime adventure, thanks for sharing every detail of it.
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

fantastic report there, loved the pics. must of been some expereince.

JAT - More than flying

Comment

Working...
                                X