Delta in November

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta in November

In the first week of November, I am flying on a Delta ATR-72 (unfortunately), a 757, a CRJ-200 (from what I hear, not very good), and an ERJ-135. What do you have to say about the service, size, and comfortability of these aircraft flown by Delta.

I wish I worked for Delta
    AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

ATR-Since flights aren't normally very long service isn't all that special. You get a small snack and a drink. Seats are average.

757-Wonderful service, snack, beverage, etc. You have more comfortable seats. The one thing that stood out to me was the quietness of the engines.

CRJ200- ame as 757 but smaller A/C.

Overall- Watch out for grouchy F/As, they will make you put your camera away if they see it. Make sure you don't have the strap aroung your neck and also amke sure the person next to you isn't doing anything wrong so that the F/A will go right on past you without a second glance. Otherwise great service.

Have a great trip!

-Chris

Comment

http://www.seatguru.com/ for seat reviews. Has some great stuff.

-Chris

Comment

Re:

I've flown DL many times now and never even once have been told to put my camera away, even when the FAs saw it. I took photos as freely as I wanted to.

I'm a short guy so the CRJs don't really bother me, IMO the seats are more comfortable than DL's Y-class in the 772ERs, but you'll have to watch out for the ceiling when you get up as the seats are raised a bit in the CR2s. As far as DL Connection service goes, it's pretty good overall, and you will get a snack/beverage service depending on how long the flight is.

I've flown DL mainline domestic only a few times, but it isn't all that great unless you're in a 75' or a 76', which I haven't had the experience of.

Service in the ERJ should be the same as for the CRJ. Both are really powerful jets and at least I get a kick out of them everytime.

Comment

Thanks. I have a little more of an idea of what to expect. Because it was booked for me, I only have one window seat the entire flight and that is on the last leg returning to my origin.

Comment

On which route will you be flying on a 757? If you're lucky, you might perhaps get one with the new Song-itized interiors, providing the flight is long enough.

Comment

ATL-PHL

Comment

In that case it will only be your standard PTV-less 757 (pending any equipment change of course).

Comment

The whole flight was nice. The ERJ (N843RP) definately had the comfiest seats of my flight. The CRJ (N940CA) bothered me. That had skinny seats, not a lot of legroom, and I was on it for 1 hour and 38 minutes. The 757 (N625DL) was pretty good. We did not get a meal as it was not a long flight. During my 2.5 hour layover in Atlanta, I just realized how bad the painting is going. I probably saw TWICE as many planes in the interim colors as in the new widget. I will upload pictures as soon as possible. I was able to see the registrations of N702TW and N839AS. The new colors DO look a lot better in person. The ATR-72 is nothing to brag about flying on. I was also able to see a 747-400 , a 767-200 (maybe), a 767-300, and a 777-200, all for the first time. I will upload pictures when I get time and get them loaded in the computer. One of the good things was that I was able to see a 747 (Korean Air -400) , a 777 (DL -200ER), 767-300 (DL New Colors), and 737 (DL -800, AA -800, WN -700) for the first time in my life.

Comment

Sounds like a fun trip,we want pictures so don't disappointe us hahah.
                    BH Airlines A319

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                      The whole flight was nice. The ERJ (N843RP) definately had the comfiest seats of my flight. The CRJ (N940CA) bothered me. That had skinny seats, not a lot of legroom, and I was on it for 1 hour and 38 minutes. The 757 (N625DL) was pretty good. We did not get a meal as it was not a long flight. During my 2.5 hour layover in Atlanta, I just realized how bad the painting is going. I probably saw TWICE as many planes in the interim colors as in the new widget. I will upload pictures as soon as possible. I was able to see the registrations of N702TW and N839AS. The new colors DO look a lot better in person. The ATR-72 is nothing to brag about flying on. I was also able to see a 747-400 , a 767-200 (maybe), a 767-300, and a 777-200, all for the first time. I will upload pictures when I get time and get them loaded in the computer.
                      Remember you can only paint aircraft so fast. They'll get the new widgets eventually. Can't wait for the photos.

Comment

Pictures

I am sorry, but the pictures are huge and they might take a long time to load. Here they are. None are of Jetphotos.net quality. They were taken with a 3 megapixel camera. Here's some advice. When you click the link, leave it in the smaller window until it finishes and changes size. THEN you can maximize the window.
                        Asheville Airport
                        AVL 1
                        AVL 2
                        AVL 3
                        AVL landing (night)
                        Chautauqua logo (arrival into home town)(that blur on the right is an old lady stepping in front of my camera)
                        Atlanta Airport
                        Delta 777 at maintenance
                        Interim CRJ-200
                        Korean Air 747-400 (only 747 I've ever seen)
                        KA 747-400 tail view
                        CRJ new colors
                        N839AS tail
                        Delta Connection EMB-170
                        Philadelphia Airport
                        757 at gate before my CRJ-200
                        Southwest 737 pushback
                        My CRJ-200
                        Delta 757-200 next to my CRJ
                        US Airways Express Dash 8 new colors
                        Southwest 737 and USAX Dash 8 NC holding short
                        Clouds in flight to CVG
                        CVG Airport. I am sorry about the lack of light, but my flight got in at 5:30 and left at 8:00
                        My CRJ-200 with the nose cone upwards and the radar exposed to fix radar (tilted too far down according to captain)
                        Lineup of ERJ's
                        Tail of ERJ-145
                        Lineup of Delta Connection (sorry about clarity)
                        FedEx A300 (sorry about clarity)

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
                          I am sorry, but the pictures are huge and they might take a long time to load. Here they are. None are of Jetphotos.net quality. They were taken with a 3 megapixel camera.
                          404 galore .

Comment

I'm sorry about them not being there. I am using a really slow FTP client and I am just doing the fast part first (linking). I'm using my godaddy client because I am hosting the pictures on my website.

Comment

All pictures are now uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X