KJFK Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KJFK Question

This March I'll be passing through JFK on my way back home from vacation. I will be arriving at 5:30 PM and leaving at around 6:30 PM. I will be flying on Delta so I'll be stuck in terminal 3. What are some places in Terminal 3 that I can get some decent shots of the A/C in Terminals 2 and 4? I only have about half an hour between flights so I can't leave the terminal. What airlines use the gates in 2 and 4 that you can see from 3? Also, what runway is usually in use for that time of day and is there going to be a lot of international traffic?

-Chris

Two more quick questions, does DL also use Terminal 2? I noticed that there were DL A/C at both 2 and 3 in some overview pics in the DB. And do the connection lights use the main terminal gated or do they use the stands?

Thanks so much for your help guys!

-Chris

Comment

Yes, Delta also uses Terminal 2. Terminals 2 and 3 are connected by a walkway. You can get some shots of aircraft at terminal 1 from gates 25-29 in Terminal 2. Pretty hard to get shots of Terminal 4 stuff. Connection flights primarily use the stands, except CRJ900/E170 which use either gate 18 (T3) or Gate 29 (T2).

PM me when you're coming, I may well be there. Also, booking a 1hr connection through JFK isn't the best of ideas. As for runway in use, that's anybody's guess.

Comment

I'll be up there sometime in March. Not sure exactly when though.

The 1 hr. layover wasn't my idea. I had no idea we were even going anywhere for spring break until my mom told me to come help here pick seats for our flights.

Thanks for your help!

-Chris

Comment

Where exactly are you connecting to? I JFK, or atleast the planes that fly in and out of it. Its been 4 years sense I went through that airport. And chris I expect to see a few pics from that trip with your new DSLR.
          Will C.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_Power
            Where exactly are you connecting to? I JFK, or atleast the planes that fly in and out of it. Its been 4 years sense I went through that airport. And chris I expect to see a few pics from that trip with your new DSLR.
            It's a connecting flight on DL from SYR to RIC.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a few decent shots with my new DSLR from the airport. Though I need a bigger bag for all my stuff.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
              It's a connecting flight on DL from SYR to RIC.
              Hehe, then I may well be operating one of those flights.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                Hehe, then I may well be operating one of those flights.

One more question for you Yankees. What temperature is it up there in mid to ate March usually?

-Chris

Comment

One more question for you Yankees. What temperature is it up there in mid to ate March usually?

-Chris
                  At JFK Its anyone's guess. It could be anywhere from 30 to 55 degrees. Don't know about SYR though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                    At JFK Its anyone's guess. It could be anywhere from 30 to 55 degrees. Don't know about SYR though.
                    Alright thanks! Just wondering what to pack. Anything else I should know?

-Chris

Comment

I'm flying next month through JFK on AA, which terminal would i be in?

Comment

Originally posted by sfoflyer
                        I'm flying next month through JFK on AA, which terminal would i be in?
                        Terminal 8.

-Chris

Comment

Terminal 8.

-Chris
                          Or 9.

Comment

Terminal 8 is AA's international flights and Terminal 9 is their domestic flights.

-Chris

Comment

Terminal 8 is AA's international flights and Terminal 9 is their domestic flights.

-Chris
                              Nope. Everything is at T8 now, which is formally known as T9. The old T8 is being demolished IIRC.

Comment

Working...
                              X