Aeroflot, SVO-OSL 7th of March 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasWH
    However, I think we can agree upon the fact that English is The International language of choice, not Russian.
    That should be and usually is the case in most of these situations when it comes to visiting large airports like SVO, but we really shouldnt be taking this for granted at the same time. im not saying you assumed something wrong or anything, since you say yourself that you know russian.

Like I said about how we shouldnt be taking that for granted, its usually a good idea to at least learn a couple of phrases at the destination you head to. and its not that hard theres all these tourist books that teach you that kind of stuff. i myself have been to many airports around the world where the personel there have said very irrevelant things to try to help me find my way somewhere. i have a couple of stories, but to make them short, lets just say from my experiences i learned how to translate the following vocabulary:

-hurt airplane: flight is delayed, perhaps for technical reasons
    -please the noise!: please be quieter (on the plane)
    -light dont shine down here: there is a storm coming

...and some more that i forgot too...

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
      I agree.

By the way, I flew with Southwest a few times this last summer, and these were some of the most enjoyable flights I ever had! Not only did we get a lot of snacks and drinks for free, but they f/a's were joking around a lot, making passengers smile and even laugh! That's the way flying should be.. Enjoyable! Not a pain in the a(eroflot)ss.

Oh, my father just told me a funny story.. So there was this Southwest flight a short while ago, where the captain told all passengers on the right side of the plane to press their faces to the window, which they did.. Moments later, the captain explained to the passengers that they had just passed a Delta plane, and that he wanted to show the Delta plane that they were fully booked! Haha..

To stay on-topic: Am I the only one who've had a bad Aeroflot flight here? I'd love to get some feedback from people who've had similar experiences... Maybe I was just very unlucky with equipment and some of the staff?

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
        Not only is it off-topic, but you insulted him. You're skating on thin ice.
        No, I didn't, I insulted his language skills, not him personally. As for thin ice, I've got more hours on that than you can possibly imagine. In fact, I've probably been on thin ice, short fuse, end of the line etc etc more often than not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hergi
          Other people would envy you for having flown on it - so do I

I hope you did not expect a five star product on an SU T154. This is not the reason to book it.
          I always envy people who get to fly on every single aircraft out there. But I must admit, eventhough my Tu-154M ride was a little bit weird in some ways, I am proud to have been on one.. You live and you learn. Now I know what Aeroflot's Tu-154M is like. Next up.. Aeroflot's IL96! Oh yes..

Comment

I agree.

By the way, I flew with Southwest a few times this last summer, and these were some of the most enjoyable flights I ever had! Not only did we get a lot of snacks and drinks for free, but they f/a's were joking around a lot, making passengers smile and even laugh! That's the way flying should be.. Enjoyable! Not a pain in the a(eroflot)ss.

Oh, my father just told me a funny story.. So there was this Southwest flight a short while ago, where the captain told all passengers on the right side of the plane to press their faces to the window, which they did.. Moments later, the captain explained to the passengers that they had just passed a Delta plane, and that he wanted to show the Delta plane that they were fully booked! Haha..

To stay on-topic: Am I the only one who've had a bad Aeroflot flight here? I'd love to get some feedback from people who've had similar experiences... Maybe I was just very unlucky with equipment and some of the staff?
            Glad to hear of it!

Your report was great and glad you survived a russian jet!

I survived an Airbus A300 flight once too *ducks and runs away*

Welcome to jp.net!!

Alex
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
              Glad to hear of it!

Your report was great and glad you survived a russian jet!

I survived an Airbus A300 flight once too *ducks and runs away*

Welcome to jp.net!!

Alex
              *laughs* Thanks!

Wow, I am glad you survived that A300 flight. Rumors say that this particular aircraft has some pretty funky rudders!

Comment

I've flown on Airflot and have never experienced your level of dissapointment. People are a bit rude by American Standards but not overly so. "Pusher's" job description does not call for English proficiency. That would be more of a ticket agent's responsibility. You can't to go a different country and expect everyone to speak your language. And yes, English is the most widely spoken language but have you at least made an attempt to learn Russian with your wife being russian and all?

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
                  I survived an Airbus A300 flight once too
                  Just for your information, the A300 is my favourite short-medium haul airliner. I get the comfort of a long haul widebody plane on short to medium haul routes.
                  TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343
                    Just for your information, the A300 is my favourite short-medium haul airliner. I get the comfort of a long haul widebody plane on short to medium haul routes.

Cool! I flew it MIA-MCO, so barely even long enough to enjoy the A300 I guess.

I was more impressed to finally ride another widebody since 1996!!

Alex
                    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by flyboy2548m
                      How's your Russian? For the record, your English isn't the greatest either.

FTW! hahahaha

Aeroflot is fine. Flew on them many times and have nothing to complain about. IL86, TU154 (B series, nothing older than that!) TU154M...all fine.

Why buy a ticket if you just wanna complain.
                      I like my aircraft how I like my women...old Russian smokers!

Planes, and girls, and stuff...SeriouslyFunny Photography.
                      http://myspace.com/seriouslyfunny11

Comment

Hey, I would consider that all an awesome trip! Thats exactally what I'd want on a Tu-154, an entirely different experiance.

How can you attempt to compare a 733 to a Tu-154? Those things are supposed to be ghetto. Shame on you.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by SPOT THIS
                          Why buy a ticket if you just wanna complain.
                          Some people live their entire lives just to complain, never mind buy tickets.

Comment

Thomas, sorry to tell you that but your reaction totally sucks... so You fly ONCE on a Tupolev 154M and react this way ???? C'mon...
                            I flew myself 3 legs on SU 154M and one with Aeroflot Don 154B-2...( add to that 4 legs with their airbuses, 2 with their 134s and one GREAT flight with one of their old Il-86) The cabins were old ?? yes... but honestly nothing worst than an AA A300 or a KLM F-100.
                            I think your reaction is quiet childish ... You bought this ticket excepting something different and you complain ??? Yes russian service might not be the one you can except somewhere else but let me tell you that we had great service with SU more than once... The FA were really great with us on our Il-86 flights and even if our Tu-154B-2 was really really old it was a great experience all the way. Not talking about the meals who were everytime really good.
                            Now about how you make fun about russian not speaking english ... I just wonder too how good is your russian and how many languages you actually speak... Knowing that I was going back to russian after my 1st trip in 2006 I took the time to learn cyrilic alphabet and some vocabulary to be able to communicate a bit and you know what ??? People were absolutly great with us and we had some incredible parties with our russian friends in Moscow...
                            I'll be back in Russia this summer, we'll fly again on some rustic Tupolevs or Illushin, just hope to be able to share this experience with people who actually appreciate the chance they have to fly on those "rare" aircrafts...
                            I'll fly SU anytime... they gave us great prices and they gave me bonus milles twice in 2 years... My next flight to Moscow'll be free and i can't wait to put my ass on some good ol' Tupolev instead of any Boeing or Bus...
                            Go SU !!!!!!
                            No offence

Cheers
                            Alex
                            Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2008-03-16, 09:32.

Comment

Well said Alex. I got the chance to visit the cabin and flight deck of an Indonesian B737-200 (Sriwijaya air) over the summer and although it is not a TU, it was an experiance. I can only dream of what it would have been like to actually fly it. So for someone that has only ever seen one or two TU in person (In Irkutsk - no photos), the idea of the posibility to actually fly on one would seem amazing, however some people think differently.

Just wondering Alex, when you were in Russia, A; Did you get by better so to speak, with your prior knowledge of cryllic, and B; Is spotting around Russian airports illegal??

Comment

Originally posted by NeilA330
                                Just wondering Alex, when you were in Russia, A; Did you get by better so to speak, with your prior knowledge of cryllic, and B; Is spotting around Russian airports illegal??
                                A. Yes it hepled a lot. People as everywhere in the world really appreciate if you try to use their own language... even if it's really bad. Knowing cyrillic is a minimum if you leave the touristic areas.

B. Yes it is. So you really have to be careful. Thanks to all the very nice russian spotters that we met, they took us on the different spots where it's a bit "safer"

Alex

Comment

Working...
                                X