Flying with Delta/Got a Few Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying with Delta/Got a Few Questions

This summer my family has eight flights booked with Delta. It has been a few years since I have flown on mainline Delta. All of my recent DL flight have been with one of their regional carriers. Since times have changed a tad over the past few years I have a few questions that hopefully you can help me with.

First of all, I will most likely be renting a Canon 100-400L lens to accompany me on our first trip (RIC-ATL & ATL-DEN, then SLC-JFK & JFK-RIC). I have every intention of carrying it onto the plane(I'm not taking any unnecessary risks with a rental) but I was wondering if it would cause too much of a disturbance among our fellow passengers if I was to bring it out while on the ground(taxing, etc). I was hoping to get a few pic with it while we're at the airport but I'm not so sure I want to bring out such a large piece of equipment on the plane. Is it a bad idea to use such a large lens while on the plane?

Second, for the first trip we will be on a 738 for one flight(ATL-DEN) and a 752(SLC-JFK) for another. I was wondering if DL has installed the AVOD in either of these A/C yet.

Lastly, If DL has installed it, do you have to pay to use it(maps, music, TV) or is it free? I looked all over their website but I couldn't find an answer.

Thanks for your help.

-Chris

Who you flying from RIC-ATL?

Comment

z740,

AVOD has been installed on some of the 738 and 752 aircraft but some of them are not equipt with them yet. It is pretty hit or miss when it comes to that. If you have then on the plane they are free for the most part however there are certain things that you have to pay for (some movies, games, etc need to be purchased)

I hope you enjoy your flights!

Horizoncapt

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
        Who you flying from RIC-ATL?
        Sorry Joe, Mad Dogs both times.

Horizoncapt, thanks for the AVOD info. I can't for my flights.

-Chris

Comment

Well Joe, Travelocity has changes our flights around. We are now flying ATL-BNA on ASA. Any idea if it's you or not?

Thursday Aug. 21 Flight 4192

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
            Well Joe, Travelocity has changes our flights around. We are now flying ATL-BNA on ASA. Any idea if it's you or not?

Thursday Aug. 21 Flight 4192

-Chris
            If its a 700 it could be me, but I wont know my August schedule until late July..and even then I will probably still be on reserve so if it is me I will know very short notice. Always a chance though

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              If its a 700 it could be me, but I wont know my August schedule until late July..and even then I will probably still be on reserve so if it is me I will know very short notice. Always a chance though
              Well just so you know it's flight 4192.

I have an uneasy feeling that it very may be a 700. I'm scared now!

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                Well just so you know it's flight 4192.

I have an uneasy feeling that it very may be a 700. I'm scared now!

-Chris
                Just checked on Delta.com and its a 200...so you're safe. PM me once it gets a bit closer to taking the flight cause I might be hanging around the airport anyway that day.

Comment

What are you doing out here in mormon country? What is the date you will be here in SLC? I maybe in town, and I always love a trip to the airport.

As far as the camera goes... I am not sure how big exactly the lens is that you are talking about, but the biggest one I have is only 55-200 and I always bring it abroad. I will get funny looks, but everything has gone smoothly so far (knock on wood). The 100-400 is a bigger lens though.

Oh, and the AVOD, is hit or miss. I just flew a 738 from DEN-SLC and it did not have it, but I know many do.
                  Will C.

Comment

Originally posted by Will_Power
                    What are you doing out here in mormon country? What is the date you will be here in SLC? I maybe in town, and I always love a trip to the airport.
                    To be honest I have absolutely no idea when we will be in SLC or Denver and I have no idea where we are going in between the two places. Our flight out of SLC is on Aug. 5th or 6th, Travelocity keeps changing it around.

-Chris

Comment

Emu- Any chance you'll be flying flight 4435 on June 3?
                      GO SIOUX

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
                        Emu- Any chance you'll be flying flight 4435 on June 3?
                        There's a very very slight chance, but quite unlikely. I'm scheduled to be off that day because I have recurrent training the next day. However, I'm on reserve and the 3rd is not a guaranteed day off so if they assign me a trip on the 2nd that involves flying on the 3rd, my day off gets moved to later in the month.

Comment

Ahhh I see...just thought I would ask
                          GO SIOUX

Comment

Originally posted by PHF2ATL
                            Ahhh I see...just thought I would ask
                            I have been to PHF before though. Had a 30 some hour layover there. But with being on reserve my schedule is extremely last minute.

Comment

Working...
                            X