Air Transat Screaming Baby Flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Transat Screaming Baby Flight

Just returned from flying from Toronto to Cancun and return. Both ways the flights were packed full of families with babies. It was a real romper room daycare in the skies. Not for one moment the entire flights was there was not at least 2+ babies screaming non stop. It made for really terrible flights. For about the last 30 minutes of the flight into Toronto there was a chorus of at least 7-10 wailing babies screaming and crying and just plain freaking out. My big peeve is that parents were changing diapers on seats, in the aisle and just rolling used diapers under the seats! Across the aisle from me on final decent a father stood in the aisle and changed his baby's loaded diaper by standing the kid up on the seat and just wiped away! It was so gross and the smell was just nasty plus it was a safety violation! I noticed the airline did have changing tables in the lavs so I am not sure why parents did not use these. Has anyone had a similar flight like this? This combined with terrible seat pitch, rude flight attendants, delays both ways makes me not want to fly Transat soon again! I understand screaming babies is no fault of the airline but there must be some solutions to make a flight more enjoyable!

Yeah I know what you mean. Whenever Im in economy it pisses me off so much! I just listen to my ipod on full volume!

Comment

Try your utmost to avoid flying to/from & across Sub-Saharian Africa .... serious ...
      Thanks for visiting
      *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Try your utmost to avoid flying to/from & across Sub-Saharian Africa .... serious ...
        ....and Arabia.

Personally, I think that children should be seen and not heard.

Failing that, they should be basted in honey and herbs and roasted gently....
        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
          Personally, I think that children should be seen and not heard.
          I would have to agree. perhaps that can make a new class of service called SB short for Screaming Brats. With diaper bins, and a sound proof bulkhead and door. All parents with kids on board must book seats in this section.
          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999

Failing that, they should be basted in honey and herbs and roasted gently....
            Are you sure you're not from Australia?

Comment

If you ask me kids shouldn't be allowed to fly under the age of 3, and if so should be sectioned to the rear section of the aircraft or ideally the cargo hold...

Comment

Can´t blame the airline, blame the parents. Little children should not make 4+ hours flights, especially not for just going on holidays. (and did you ever ask yourself if it is a splendid idea to take your baby from Toronto to the beaches of Cancun with all the heat and sun)

I am already fearing my upcoming flight to La Palma in August in another baby bomber.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Are you sure you're not from Australia?
                  Racist.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

The flt attendants should have been keeping a better eye on people changing diapers in the cabin, especially shitty ones. Any good parent knows how to make a baby stop screaming (no not drugs or pounding the living daylights out of them).

Comment

To be fair you cant really blame the flt attendants for parents changing their kids in their seats. Most long haul aircraft are equipped with dedicated baby changing facilities in the toilets. If the parents weren't so lazy and were more considerate to their fellow passengers they'd use them...

Comment

Re:

The fault lies with the parents. The baby doesn't even know where the heck he/she is, and could care less. The parents should come prepared and know how to exactly take care of a screaming baby quickly, but all too often I've seen parents (especially the mother) act as if there's no baby there at all... what a world we live in eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot
                          The fault lies with the parents. The baby doesn't even know where the heck he/she is, and could care less. The parents should come prepared and know how to exactly take care of a screaming baby quickly, but all too often I've seen parents (especially the mother) act as if there's no baby there at all... what a world we live in eh.
                          Then they'd go on about how it's not their fault since the kid is autistic or has some behavioral problem.

Comment

I do, however, have a certain degree of feeling for them during descent. The poor little sods...I mean, poor little lambs !....don't know that they need to clear their ears to equalise the pressure.

I find that a bicycle pump up the backside works well !!

Doesn't stop them screaming....but I feel a whole lot better.
                            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

^ ah no, I am dying on this one
                              add a wrench for disciplining the suddenly sensible parents
                              Otherwise, I also fully concur with Dale and Foxtrot as one doesn't to undergo a whole family's lack of grooming stretching from grandparents to latest born
                              Last edited by uy707; 2008-07-15, 17:00.
                              Thanks for visiting
                              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                              *JetPhotos*
                              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
                              X