Thomas Cook Airlines - MAN-SKG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Cook Airlines - MAN-SKG

The flight was Thomas Cook Airlines flight TCX635K on Thursday 21st August from Manchester to Thessaloniki.

Check-in was scheduled to open at 3.00am and the flight depart at 6.00am, but we arrived at the airport at around 11.00pm on Wednesday night and because TCX operate a 24 hour check-in, we were able to beat the queue's and check-in immediately, which was great.

At 2.30am we were able to proceed through to the departure lounge. The only shop open was the Alpha Airport Shopping store, but others gradually followed. At about 5.15am the departure screens called for us to go to gate 31 and within about 5 minutes of getting there, boarding commenced.
    We were allocated seats 1 ABC and were 1st to board.

At the door of Boeing 757-300, G-JMAB, we were greeted by Chief Purser for the flight "Karen".
    We took our seats and waited for push back. The seats were very roomy at the bulkhead - I have long legs and did not have a problem with the legroom.

As push back began, we were shown a safety briefing on the video screens. Then Captain, Tom Evans, greeted us and gave us details of the flight.

At 5.55am we rotated off Runway 24R, 5 minutes early and began a quick climb to 35000ft, then 37000ft.

After departure the cabin crew quickly were given the signal to get to work and we soon received a drinks service, followed by our breakfast, which was a Full English and was very tasty, and of a reasonable size.

The duty free service was commenced after a second drinks service and a wide variety of goods at good prices were being sold.

At around 10.45am Greek time we began our decent and before we knew it, we were on final approach to Runway 34 and flying in over a very sunny Thessaloniki.

We landed firmly at SKG a braked promptly. After backtracking and a short taxi, we arrived at the gate around 20 minutes early.

I found TCX to be an excellent airline as they were great in every aspect and I would fly with them any day.

The Chief Purser, "Karen", was excellent throughout the flight and made it even more enjoyable for us as she was very friendly, helpful and professional.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

That must of been tiring having to check-in that early, nice report.

Click Here to view my pathetic attempts at Aviation photography!
    View the Darkside

Comment

Hi,
      It wasn't to bad. I went to the arcade in arrivals and went on "Landing High Japan" and went up to the car park to watch some of the movements and then we just waited in the foodcourt so I wasn't tired and I was occupied most of the time.

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Hi,
        It wasn't to bad. I went to the arcade in arrivals and went on "Landing High Japan" and went up to the car park to watch some of the movements and then we just waited in the foodcourt so I wasn't tired and I was occupied most of the time.

Thanks

Thomas_Cook_757-200

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Working...
        X