OAK-MCI on WN 3067

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAK-MCI on WN 3067

Hey everone, this is my 2nd trip report!

sry about the sizes of the pics, i switched to photobucket b/c i pretty much used up all of the space on my flickr account for my last tr, lol, and i don't know how to resize on photobucket. lol

sorry about the grain in the pictures, it was early in the morning, and cloudy...

A message to the crew of this flight/ Employees I met along the way
    if anyone who was a part of the crew for this flight and if you were one of the people I talked to in Oakland, please send me a message! click on my username, and you should be able to send me a message from there!

to the pilots, sry, i didn't think i told you that you had to click on "forums" then "flight review", sry!

Info About the Flight
    WN: 3067 OAK-MCI (OAK-MCI-BWI)
    Registration: N608SW, but changed to N484WN due to MX swap (more info further down in this report)
    Departure: 6:25am, but MX swap a/c departed at 8:07am
    Arrival: 1:16am
    Route: OAK5 OAK LIN PEONS INSLO DTA J84 EKR DVV
    MCK J130 PWE RBA3
    Altitude: 35,000 feet

Arriving at the airport

I was a little sad to be leaving Cali after spending two weeks there (okay i was a lot more than a little sad, lol) We got to the airport around 5:15, there is a pic I took while in the short term parking lot.

Check-In

I didn't see the E-ticket check in line, I went to the first line I saw, lol, and that line took forever...about after 20 mins of standing I got hungry, and I went to go get breakfast. OAK doesn't have many options in T2 before security, my options were candy and chips, or a muffin... I went with a muffin, it was hella good, while walking back to the check-in line I saw the e-ticket line, it was busy, and my cousin was in the front of the line now... I still should have gone to the e-ticket line, because by the time i finished my muffin, we were still waiting in line, and the person I saw walk in while I was buying my muffin was about to head to security... the lady working there was also really friendly! and I almost made the mistake of buying a $2 water bottle (I was really really thirsty), she told me not to, b/c of security! I completely forgot about security! if it wasn't for her, I would have bought it, either have drank it really quickly, and had to go to the bathroom on the plane (i've never done that before), or throw it away and waste $2. Thank you!

Security

The security at OAK was a whole lot nicer than MCI! it took about the same time to go through security as it does at MCI! and the agent was nicer than the dude at MCI! It was 6:13 and my flight departed at 6:25, by the time I got to my gate, they were boarding the B boarding group! I thought it was A, I got A55, but I boarded as B55, thinking it was A, until I got to the front and saw the sign saying B! I was like OMFG! I'm not going to get a window seat!

Pre-Flight and Taxi

There was ONE window seat left! I was like "ahh! i'm not going to get it!" b/c I was a the back of the line, and guess what! no one took that seat, and I got it! thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and it was the seat that I wanted! i like to sit and the last 3 rows of the plane, and this was the 2nd to last row! yes!!!

Shot of plane at neighboring gate

view of wing and plane next to us

The art thingy at OAK

Arizona One getting ready to rotate! i had a pic of it rotating, but it was even blurrier, and i deleted it...

Problems start
    We were already pushed out of the jetway, we started taxiing, the pilots were testing the spoilers, ailerons and flaps, and that's when we heard that there was a problem with the flaps, and we needed to return to the gate! (I was like "Yes!!! " I bet I was the only person on that plane smiling! I didn't want to come back to Kansas, and I wanted to do some terminal spotting at OAK)

We returned back to the gate, a few MX people got on the plane, and went to the flight deck, a few minutes later the pilot came on and informed us that we needed to disembark, and get on a substitute aircraft, which would arrive in 45 mins! I was smiling even more!!!!!!

Since I was in the back of the plane, it took forever before I got off, and I chatted with the flight attendant back there, do you know how many flight crews seriously do not know about jp.net or a.net?

everyone was finally off, and I made my way to the front of the aircraft to chat with the pilots, they informed me that there was a problem with the Leading Edge flaps.

here is a pic of the flight deck

here is a pic of what was wrong

After I got off of the plane, I walked around to do some terminal spotting, not the best day, the clouds didn't clear, sorry for the grainy pics.

a pic of the plane at the gate, taken after I got off, and made my way to 25 to take this pic

I tried calling my mom to tell her my flight was going to be about 90 mins late, but she wasn't answering her phone, and it wouldn't let me leave a message, after a few attempts, I went to do some terminal spotting.

I then talked to the really friendly gate agents at gate 23! we talked about the TV show "Airline", and about planes! I enjoyed talking to them, it was really fun!

after talking with the gate agetns I walked all the way to the newer, nicer part of OAK, (like gate 28-32), I thought it looked very nice, I saw a plane pulling into my gate, I was like "Oh crap!" I started running back... i got there, and it wasn't my plane....

here is a pic I got of the area around the newer area...

yep...i'm still in Oakland, but no fedex aircraft surprisingly, lol

another pic

It wasn't my aircraft, so I walked to the other side of T2 (gates 20-23) and I tried to find a shop that sold Raiders Jerseys there, b/c one of my friends wanted one. I couldn't find any! that's okay though, i'll get one next time i go... they have an NFL shop at pier 39...

Silver/Grey one, the last time I saw this aircraft I was in 2nd grade, and back then it was silver, and you could actually bring 2 bags on pretty much every airline for free, and you didn't have to pay for most food on airlines...

SWA is still the same! 2 free bags, and free food! yay!

I saw my plane pulling up to the gate, and this was actually my plane...

Boarding started by the time I got back to my gate, they checked our names as we got on the plane, to make sure we were in the same spot... I boarded with A55 this time!

The Bay bridge with some of downtown SF

I have a vid of the takeoff, I will post it later, same with landing...

In-Flight
    the flight was average, but it was still a good flight. Beverage and food service started a few mins into the flight, and get this! they had Dr. Pepper! I don't know of any other airlines that have Dr. Pepper! idk why i'm excited about that, lol

Taken after takeoff

Me trying to artsy again, i fail at life, lol

another shot

Flying over DEN

with zoom (10x zoom, pretty good)

with digital zoom (48x, pretty good, my cam's only $169 now! like 4 new versions of it came out since I bought it though...)

Beginning the approach I didn't want to get back to kansas...

All of my pics of UA's 737s and 757s end up getting messed up somehow, this is the best photo of a UA 737 I have though... lol

Overhead thingy

Flight Deck of a 73NG

Post Flight
    I was really sad to get back to Kansas, I miss cali, it was 100 when we landed! wtf! i wasn't excited about the 1 hour drive back home, and get this! the air conditioning in my mom's car wasn't working! oh, she showed up at noon to pick me up, and waited for like an hour and a half for me... she said she didn't know how to check online, even though it's really easy... idk..

NW jet, pretty much the only jet on the ground, the WN gates were really empty, just my plane, and all the other 8 gates were empty... lol

AA MX base, former TWA base

I probably won't be able to fly for another year , I know this report isn't as good as my last one (I wasn't as excited about writing it, as I was the last one) I'm hella sad, but hopefully i'll be able to fly again soon... if I can get a fare under $180 after taxes to SF...

if you spend 2 weeks in northern california you will start saying hella a lot...

and now I will end it the way I learned to end things over there

yo mamma! lol, jk...

The plane was rocking while the MX people were doing their thing, anyone know why?

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh
      The plane was rocking while the MX people were doing their thing, anyone know why?
      Probably changing a tire, so they had to put it on jacks. Or if the pilots start one engine before the other, this will cause a small amount of unbalance in the wings so the fuel will move back and forth in the wings at different times, causing a rocking motion.

-Chris

Comment

Great Report! I have actually flown on N484 myself!

You got a great picture of DEN Airport down there! Good job!

Alex
        Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777
          Great Report! I have actually flown on N484 myself!

You got a great picture of DEN Airport down there! Good job!

Alex
          cool!

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by z740
            Probably changing a tire, so they had to put it on jacks. Or if the pilots start one engine before the other, this will cause a small amount of unbalance in the wings so the fuel will move back and forth in the wings at different times, causing a rocking motion.

-Chris
            thanks!

i think it was the engine thing, b/c i heard an engine start up, and i don't think the one on my side was on.

Comment

Does anybody know what would happen if the aircraft did try to takeoff without the leading edge flaps working?

would it overrun the runway?/need more room to takeoff? would it crash?

Comment

This page provides a nice understandable explanation of what purpose the slats perform.

-Chris

Comment

Originally posted by z740
                  This page provides a nice understandable explanation of what purpose the slats perform.

-Chris
                  thanks!

that link had a ton of good info & i learned a lot! thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyspreetsingh
                    thanks!

that link had a ton of good info & i learned a lot! thank you!
                    Always glad to help. Glad you enjoyed the link.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                    X