Virgin Blue Embraer trip! (+pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Blue Embraer trip! (+pics)

After tax return with a bit of spare money left over it was time to head back to Tassie again. My last trip down there was late June but never posted a trip report on that one as it was only a quick trip (BNE-SYD VH-VOU, SYD-LST VH-VOV, LST-SYD VH-VOM, SYD-BNE VH-VXH) So this time i planned to go on one of the Embraers for the first time. So my booking for the way down was OOL-SYD-CBR-MEL-LST on both the E170 and the E190 as part of the trip.

August 16 2008
    OOL-SYD
    Virgin Blue
    DJ500
    737-800
    VH-VUO
    Seat 7A

The first leg was a OOL-SYD on the 737-800, and as usual webchecked and had all my passes already. Boarding finally called and the walk out to the aircraft imedidatly seen it was VUO from a distance as she has no Live-2-Air. Good to get a ride on the new girl.

Onboard in Seat 7A

We taxied to runway 14 and took off fro SYD. Here passing the Tweed River on Take off

Uneventful flight into SYD. Decending past Bondi.

On finals for Runway 34R

About to Touch down 34R

August 16 2008
    SYD-CBR
    Virgin Blue
    DJ910
    E190
    VH-ZPF
    Seat 18F

After getting off VUO i went to grab some breakfast then headed to the end of the Virgin Terminal to await my next flight. Originally this flight was meant to be operated by the E170 but ended up being changed to the E190, it was a little dissapointing but im sure ill survive The E190 arrived and it was the brand new VH-ZPF only her second day in service which was a fantastic bonus. Boarding call was made and i made the short walk to gate 38 were to my surprise i was last to board, i step foot onboard my first Embraer in the mean time ducking my head so i didnt hit the roof i noted around 20 pax already onboard amongst the first few rows and i made my way all the way to row 18. I had around 14 rows to myself which was great! ZPF being sparkling new was nice and clean and the seat pitch was pretty good also.

Seats onboard the E190

Parked next to VH-VUN

Passing by VBZ who will be doing SYD-LST and were i will eventually end up later this afternoon

Holding short of 34R as VBL is landing. VBL was parked next to us in OOL and was the second OOL-SYD flight for the day.

Took Off 34R and made the quick right turn for the quick 25 mins flight and gave us a good view of Sydney airport.

In cruise to CBR.

On finals

Touchdown my my first flight into Canberra

Welcome to Canberra

Arriving next to ZPD...

A shot of the E190 cabin after arrival

August 16 2008
    CBR-MEL
    Virgin Blue
    DJ714
    E190
    VH-ZPC
    Seat 6F

After getting off the plane and not finding much in the terminal, infact it was quite boring i found myself just watching the footy (Port V Pies) awaitng my next flight. After some time she arrived and i noted it to be ZPC. This flight i will be seated in 6F which i can tell you is not very photo friendly, infact all the seats infront of the emergancy rows are very difficult for photos as the seats are positioned to cover the window, but i made do.

Pushback from the gate

Lift off

On decent into MEL

It was a terrible day in MEL

We landed Runway 16 and taxied straight to our gate

August 16 2008
    MEL-LST
    Virgin Blue
    DJ606
    737-800
    VH-VOQ
    Seat 18A

Again i grabbed somthing to eat and took a seat at gate 9 where the was no one around. I didnt really get the camera out as it was a pretty dull day. I sat around awaiting my aircraft which was meant to be a -700 which i was so pumped for as i have managed not to get a -700 since December 07!!! So as time passed my plane arrived and would you belive it has changed to a -800 and to make things worse it was VH-VOQ again!!! so will be the 5th time on "Peta Pan"

Not so nice day in MEL

As we pushed back the sun came out for some time

Taxing to Runway27 as a rainbow pops up

Lined up on 27 as dark clouds loom over Melbourne

Lifting off 27 with some large deflection just to keep us going straight down the runway

In cruise to LST

We got very high for such a short flight, i timed our cruise which lasted 1min 15secs This is were we are just as we reach top of climb, basically just about in Tassie

We made a straight in arrival for Runway 14, here passing Launceston City

Touchdown Runway 14

Taxing back to the terminal i spot Mr Joel Austin spotting my arrival

As i jump off the Back stairs JQX taxied right past so i grabbed a quick shot

JQX pulling in

I headed into the terminal and met up with Joel and headed to the Aeroclub to get some shots of the departures on such a lovely afternoon

VOQ rotating back to Melbourne

TQM also back to Melbourne

The fantastic scenery surrounding Launceston, you can see why i always some back here

JQX departing after the sun had set and passing the moon

After 4 days it was time to head back again.

August 19 2008
    LST-MEL
    Tiger Airways
    TT7137
    A320-200
    VH-VNF
    Seat 19A

On the way home i had picked a couple of Tiger Airways flights just to see if i could get my last remaining aircraft to complete the fleet (VH-VNB) Plus they were only $29 anyways On my 3 previous flights on Tiger i had got VNC,VND and VNF. So i arrived at the airport and checked in then headed to the railway with Joel for some spotting. My Tiger finally came in infact it was early. It was VNF, oh well maybe next time. So we headed back to the terminal and i headed to the gate. I was meant to be seated in 19F but the flight was near empty so i moved across to 19A to see if i culd see Joel below

My Tiger Arriving

Good Bye Launceston

Lining up 32L

An empty flight meant we lifted off very early, as usually we are rotating around were we are now

Crusing past the suburbs in Melbourne

Melbourne CBD in the distance

Touchdown 34

Spotting myself in the reflection

August 19 2008
    MEL-ADL
    Tiger Airways
    TT7306
    A320-200
    VH-VNB
    Seat 8A

As i jumped off i checked in for my next Tiger flight to Adelaide this time. I just hung around in the Tiger terminal and figured my next flight was to be VNF also, there was one flight arriving 30mins before our departure but i didnt think that it wuld do the ADL leg also. Boarding was called and i made my way out to see VNF deserted (Must have the day off) and would you belive VNB!!! i was so happy, now i have comleted the fleet, what luck! All 4 in only 5 flights.

Onboard and parked next to 3 747F!

The 3 747F's

Lift off 34 passing 09/27

Tiger cabin

On decent into ADL

On finals

Made a shocker of a landing but made it to the gate. ADL terminal

My Tiger on her way back to MEL

August 19 2008
    ADL-SYD
    Virgin Blue
    DJ413
    737-800
    VH-VUG
    Seat 24F

It was now back to my trusty old Virgin Blue for the remainder of the trip. It was only a short wait before my aircraft turned up which happened to be VUG not again :cry: I had got her just on my last trip as well as VOQ from on the saturday. So 3rd time on "Jasman Tasman" now.

Seat 24F

In the short time i was there the runway was changed so we took off back over the water

In cruise to SYD with our contrail seen on the clouds, i could also see the start of the contrail starting to form right under the horizontal stabiliser

Sun slowly going down

The sun finally fell in the most boring sunset i have ever seen :cry: Here passing by Canberra on decent into SYD

Arrived next to ZHB and ZHD, VUM was to our left. Just after i took this shot VOV pulled in next to us also.

August 19 2008
    SYD-OOL
    Virgin Blue
    DJ527
    737-800
    VH-VOV
    Seat 13A

After a quick look at the departures screens i noted again that i would be going on VOV not having any luck latlely So 4th time "Alluring Alice"

Seat 13A as VUG pushes back on her way back to ADL

Crossing the cross runway 07/25

Ready on 34R

On take off a bunch of girls from some sporting team thought they were at Dreamworld raising their hands and screaming

Sydney lights

Heading over the city

In cruise on a clear night

finals for Runway 14 with the moon glaring off the water

finally back in OOL

Jumped off the plane paid my parking ticket and met up with Matt Coughran for a quick chat, then it was time to head back home for some sleep.

Enjoy!

To see my pics on Myaviation.net

http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?uid=19118

I enjoyed this interesting, and altogether informative report Thanks again for sharing your rides aptly supported by this abundant illustration.
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Nice report, enjoyed reading it. E190 looks nice with the red seats
      Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Working...
      X