Virgin America?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin America?

Flying them in November SFO-LAS and back in First and down the back just to see what the hype is all about. Anyone had previous experience with said carrier?

Never flown them, but I have been on their aircraft, met many of the employees, and I can say that they seem like a great team. Their counters at SFO have a lot of character, you'll see what I mean. They even have a basketball hoop on the wall, and they are usually more than willing to take on a customer for some 1-on-1. Rare to see employees so enthusiastic these days.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Thanks for the heads-up Chasen. While I'm here, id like to ask if there are any decent shooting locations at SFO apart from

We've got about 3 hours in-between our BA arrival and our VX departure to Vegas and although the Virgin Clubhouse will be alluring, id like to see what photographic opportunities are possible.

Comment

I know a bunch of spots within the airport that you can reach, what day will you be here? If I have enough notice, I could try and get you a visitors pass and take you on the ramp to shoot for a bit if I'm not working that day.

If that doesn't work out, take the Air Train(its free, no tickets needed) to these destinations:

A garage:
        [photoid=6197298]

Terminal 2 AirTrain station:
        [photoid=6019657]
        [photoid=5989928]

Rental Car Garage(walk up to the roof)
        [photoid=6345955]

Another option are 2 resturaunts in Terminal 1 with big glass windows.
        [photoid=6324551]
        This one is good for shooting Allegiant, Alaska, Horizon, Continental, and airlines going to/comming from the A-terminal. If you walk futher down the councourse, there is a similar spot on the Delta/Southwest/Us Airways ramp. Haven't taken a photo from there yet...have to get on that.

All these spots are easily accessible even with limited time to spot. The Airtrain comes every 3 minutes. Send me a PM and let me know if you're interested in going onto the ramp.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

A lot of people are singing a lot of praise about Virgin America, it's been rated the top airline by passengers so far, second is Jetblue. However, it appears that seat pitch is actually a bit worse than other airlines including WN from the comments here.

Comment

Working...
          X