Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alc- waw, dy 733

Hallo everyone,
    Since, this is my first TR and English is not my native language, please be lenient with me.

Date: 14.06.2008
    Route: ALC-WAW
    Flight no. DY2403
    A/C: Boeing 737-300
    Reg. LN-KRR
    LF: 110/148, ca. 74%
    Scheduled: 1800-2150
    Actual: 1815-2130

Our party of 5 arrived to Alicante airport at 1540. We returned the car and walked to T1. When inside, it took us couple of minutes to find DY check-in desks, which were situated in the far end of the terminal. When we got there, we saw a line of 20+ people in front of them. After about 15 minutes we were checked –in and proceeded to the safety control, which was rather detailed but done in an efficient way.

Then it was the time to do some very last shopping. Alicante airport offers a relatively wide range of shops, cafes, bars etc. We bought some wine and sweets for our relatives. Shortly afterwards we headed towards gate no. 1. When we approached the gate I saw our ride back home would be, LN-KRR, which had brought us to Alicante 2 weeks earlier.

Boarding started at 1720. We entered the plane through the air bridge . We were greeted by FA and the Captain. Me and my wife had seats 2B & 2C. Our friends sat right behind us. The seat – pitch, though not generous, was pretty decent for LLC standards. The aircrafts interior showed it’s age but it was spotlessly clean.

The boarding was completed at 1745. Then it was a time for the safety-demo. Interestingly, it was done only in English.

Nothing happened for the next 15-20 minutes. Unfortunately, we were given no info about what we were waiting for. At last, at 1810 the push back commenced. During the taxi I noticed some others LCCs’ aircraft: AB 319, EZY 319 and FR 738. There were no line to the runway and at 1815 we were airborne.

Soon afterwards BOB begun. Since we had our own sandwiches and coke, we didn’t bought anything.

After next couple of minutes the captain came on PA and gave us details about our flight:
    Routing: Balearics, Cote d’Azur, northern Italy (Genoa, Milan), Austria (Graz, Vienna), Slovakia, Poland.
    Distance: 2600 km
    Speed: 900 km/h
    Altitude: 10300 m.

We were informed about our position every half an hour, which’s very nice. The rest of the flight was uneventful.

The FAs were attentive and friendly. They carried out their duties in a professional , but relaxed way.

We touched down at 2130 and soon parked on the remote stand. De-boarding went smooth and soon we found ourselves in a bus which took us to T2. We found the carousel no.4 and waited patiently for our baggage to come. It took a while and at 2155 we got out of the terminal. Sadly, our holidays definitely came to the end.

I would surely take another flight with DY again. Both flights landed on time, the cabin was clean and FA professional. The only thing I didn’t like was, that we were given no info while waiting enormously long for the push back . Apart of this everything’s flawless.

Thanks for reading,
    Michal (SP-LCC)

P.S. Comments, questions are much appreciated.

I'm not good with airline stuff like Jetblue is B6 and Southwest is WN.Could you tell me what airline you flew?Ither then that it was a very good trip report for your first.
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
      I'm not good with airline stuff like Jetblue is B6 and Southwest is WN.Could you tell me what airline you flew?Ither then that it was a very good trip report for your first.
      DY = Norwegian Air Shuttle (google). Correct me if I'm wrong.

SP-LCC,
      Your English is excellent. Nice report.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
        DY = Norwegian Air Shuttle (google). Correct me if I'm wrong.

SP-LCC,
        Thanks for telling me it's Norwegian.
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

SP-LCC,
          Ither then that it was a very good trip report for your first.
          Thank you for your kind words.

Michal (SP-LCC)

Comment

Working...
          X