Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite flight

Mine was Southwest 737-300 Philly-Nashville
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
    Mine was Southwest 737-300 Philly-Nashville
    Hmm...not sure what you meant by this thread. Did you mean our best flight or our favorite airline and route.

My best flight I have ever had, is a tie between a August 2001 flight from LHR to EWR on UA, and my BA flight from LHR to DEN in July 2008. Both of those flights were excellent, with terrific crews and great food.

As for my favorite airline, I would probably still vote for UA, but their service levels have decreased dramatically in the past decade. For my favorite route, I really liked flying DEN-LAX or DEN-OAK because they are very scenic routes.

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
      Hmm...not sure what you meant by this thread. Did you mean our best flight or our favorite airline and route.

My best flight I have ever had, is a tie between a August 2001 flight from LHR to EWR on UA, and my BA flight from LHR to DEN in July 2008. Both of those flights were excellent, with terrific crews and great food.

As for my favorite airline, I would probably still vote for UA, but their service levels have decreased dramatically in the past decade. For my favorite route, I really liked flying DEN-LAX or DEN-OAK because they are very scenic routes.

Rohan
      What I meant was,well,your favorite flight by service,on-time,and check in

Comment

I can say all of my SQ flights are great, however, one stand out which is my first A380 flight with SQ last OCT from SIN - SYD. Great food, great service, 25 minutes early, great seats, great movies and of course great crew.
        I also really enjoying my Emirates flight from Auckland to Melbourne on A340-500 last year. I also had some great experience on some Virgin Blue flight.
        PEK,NRT,SYD,MEL,HBA,SHA,OSA,BNE,ABX,PVG,CAN, CBR,CHC,AKL,AYQ,ASP,DRW,SIN,SYX,HKG,BKK,ADL, FRA,LHR,HEL,RVN,ARN,OSL,BGO,CPH,VIE,VCE,MXP, ZRH,MUC,CDG,LST,OOL,PER,TSV,AMS,ORY,MAD,PRG, BUD,FCO,PSA,GET,AUH.
        JL,AN,QF,MU,CA,DJ,JQ,NZ,EK,SQ,CZ,HU,CX,KA,TT,BA, AY,KF,SK,OS,LX,LH,KL,IB,OK,TP,HG,AZ,AF,XR,EY.
        717,737-300/400/500/600/700/800,747-400,757-200, 767-200/300,777-200/300,A300-600,A319,A320-200, A330-200/300,A340-300/500/600,A380,Dash-8,Q400, Emb-170/190,DC-10-40,MD82,MD90,RJ85,Folker50,100

Comment

Cathay Pacific for me. I love those flights from SFO to Hong Kong in Business Class. Great airline, great flight, and great service!

Comment

My favorite flight has to be the first two/three flights I ever had.

Last March (2008 ) me and my friend were traveling from Heathrow to Alta (Norway) via Oslo Gardermoen.
            I'd never been on a plane before and god dam... I was really looking forward to it.
            My flight was with the Scandinavian Airlines System Norway (SAS Norge) on a 737. Not sure what type of 737 now as it was a long time ago.
            Two trips up to Alta and two back.
            I enjoyed the first 3 the most for these reasons -

1) Heathrow to Oslo Gardermoen was my first flight. I remember saying to my friend as the plane left the ground watching everything get smaller "Woah... well this is certainly new for me... And pretty dam awesome".

2) Oslo Gardermoen to Alta was the second leg of the journey. It was getting dark so i didn't see much but it was still the first day I'd ever flown in my life so was still enjoying it. I didn't know that the plane was going to make a quick stop at an airport called Tromso first - Which was pretty funny when we said "wait, this isn't Alta..." and then arriving in Alta meeting some friends (and my girlfriend) for the first-time and the first thing they say is "You're late! ^^"

3) First return flight during the day. And dam... I thought the scenery was amazing from the ground but looking down on it all from the sky... it's beond words. Truly incredible!

Though I've only traveled with SAS - I do think they have beaten my expectations for what an airline to be like. Very friendly staff, I really enjoyed the flight and it was all on time.
            I recommend I flight up to Northern Norway to anyone who loves scenery!
            Geo Ghost - The one and only
            My Profile & Travels
            YouTube Profile & Travel playlists

Comment

Huh.Nice.I been flying since was a baby

Comment

Best flights gotta be AC 848 YYZ-LHR and return on AC856. Great food, great service, and most of all, a brand -new 77W!

Comment

Cant remember the Flight Number, But it was EGLL to KMIA on a BA 744.

I was travelling on business. There were no Buisness Class seats left on the outbound, so I was booked in First Class.

I had a rotten cold that started the morning of the flight. The Cabin crew went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable.

The plane was an hour late going out, every passenger in First class got a personal applogy and explanation of off the Captain.

Oh, and the fact you can also almost see foward from the window in the 2nd seat from the front is pretty amazing
                  Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

cool.Always wanted to fly BA or EK

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggy View Post
                      Cant remember the Flight Number, But it was EGLL to KMIA on a BA 744.

I was travelling on business. There were no Buisness Class seats left on the outbound, so I was booked in First Class.

I had a rotten cold that started the morning of the flight. The Cabin crew went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable.

The plane was an hour late going out, every passenger in First class got a personal applogy and explanation of off the Captain.

Oh, and the fact you can also almost see foward from the window in the 2nd seat from the front is pretty amazing
                      I agree some of my best flights have been on BA, when the flight crew is having a good day, the service on BA has been some of the best I have ever recieved. Unfortunately, if the flight crew isn't so happy, the airline seems only average, however, I still find BA to be very good.

Originally posted by sfoflyer View Post
                      Best flights gotta be AC 848 YYZ-LHR and return on AC856. Great food, great service, and most of all, a brand -new 77W!
                      Lucky you, you got to fly the new Boeing 777-300ER, I have heard that Air Canada has improved a lot recently.

Originally posted by Geo Ghost View Post
                      My favorite flight has to be the first two/three flights I ever had.

Last March (2008 ) me and my friend were traveling from Heathrow to Alta (Norway) via Oslo Gardermoen.
                      I'd never been on a plane before and god dam... I was really looking forward to it.
                      My flight was with the Scandinavian Airlines System Norway (SAS Norge) on a 737. Not sure what type of 737 now as it was a long time ago.
                      Two trips up to Alta and two back.
                      I enjoyed the first 3 the most for these reasons -

1) Heathrow to Oslo Gardermoen was my first flight. I remember saying to my friend as the plane left the ground watching everything get smaller "Woah... well this is certainly new for me... And pretty dam awesome".

2) Oslo Gardermoen to Alta was the second leg of the journey. It was getting dark so i didn't see much but it was still the first day I'd ever flown in my life so was still enjoying it. I didn't know that the plane was going to make a quick stop at an airport called Tromso first - Which was pretty funny when we said "wait, this isn't Alta..." and then arriving in Alta meeting some friends (and my girlfriend) for the first-time and the first thing they say is "You're late! ^^"

3) First return flight during the day. And dam... I thought the scenery was amazing from the ground but looking down on it all from the sky... it's beond words. Truly incredible!

Though I've only traveled with SAS - I do think they have beaten my expectations for what an airline to be like. Very friendly staff, I really enjoyed the flight and it was all on time.
                      I recommend I flight up to Northern Norway to anyone who loves scenery!
                      Looks like SAS is a very good airline.

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
                      cool.Always wanted to fly BA or EK
                      Yep, BA is very good. Never have gotten to fly with EK. I have always wanted to fly WN, EK, AI, and Cathay. Hopefully, I will get a chance one day.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

WN is very good.Nice leather seats too!And u get to pick where u sit!

Comment

In terms of on-time performance, comfort, and overall ease, I'd have to give it to Delta Connection operated by Shuttle America LGA-MDW. They some how managed to get us in on time on both ends, despite being peak hour departures. The E170 is awesome from a comfort point of view.

My favorite route, however, has to be CO90 EWR-TLV. It's taken me home once before, and with any luck I'll be taking it next December. There's nothing quite like a 777 takeoff.

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                            Lucky you, you got to fly the new Boeing 777-300ER, I have heard that Air Canada has improved a lot recently.
                            The seats were actually really comfortable and there was ample legroom to spare. The mood lighting was also amazing. And yes, they've improved A LOT recently, especially on the short-haul. Not many airlines offer PTV's with AVOD on short-haul flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
                              In terms of on-time performance, comfort, and overall ease, I'd have to give it to Delta Connection operated by Shuttle America LGA-MDW. They some how managed to get us in on time on both ends, despite being peak hour departures. The E170 is awesome from a comfort point of view.

My favorite route, however, has to be CO90 EWR-TLV. It's taken me home once before, and with any luck I'll be taking it next December. There's nothing quite like a 777 takeoff.
                              Yeah, I know what you mean about the Boeing 777 take-off, it's so powerful, but once the plane lifts off the ground it flies so smoothly and gracefully that virtually no plane can match it.

The Airbus A340-500/600 series jets can do some powerful take-off, but they climb so slowly and chopily it just ruins.

The Boeing 747-400's take-off are amazing too, but even they can't match the take-offs of the Boeing 777.

I'm surprised that DL connection can fly from LGA-MDW in peak hours and be on-time, that's an accomplishment. Virtually no other airline would be able to do it.

If you fly that from EWR-TLV in December are we likely to see a flight review?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Working...
                              X