Your favorite flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
    ...your AirTran review was amazing, probably the best AirTran review I have seen.
    That's like being the world's tallest-ever midget. It's a distinction to be sure, but a dubious one at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
      That's like being the world's tallest-ever midget. It's a distinction to be sure, but a dubious one at best.
      Very funny. However, that's not what I meant by that comment. I meant that Bok269's reviews are very good, which is why I hope he writes one when he flies to Israel.

Rohan

Comment

I'm not exactly sure about you meant by "I didn't get a lot of writing my previous flight reviews," but I went back through the flight review forum index and searched for some of your reviews.

Regards,

Rohan
        I appreciate it, but Spad's comment pretty much sums it up. A review like that takes a while to write. And what comes out of it? The forum gets another review of a run-of-the-mill flight, a couple of people tell me it's a great review and thanks for sharing, and that's it. If it's a unique experience, I'll probably write a review, so there may be one about my potential Israel trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
          I appreciate it, but Spad's comment pretty much sums it up. A review like that takes a while to write. And what comes out of it? The forum gets another review of a run-of-the-mill flight, a couple of people tell me it's a great review and thanks for sharing, and that's it.
          If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you expect? Rose petals and a brass band?

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, what exactly did you expect? Rose petals and a brass band?
            A glass of coke and a 360.
            August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

I guess I figured it would somehow contribute to the forum. I didn't really think it through before I wrote them.

Comment

Looks like SAS is a very good airline.
                They indeed seem so.
                Even though I've only ever traveled with SAS (so far) I think they've pretty much "set the standard" for any other airlines to beat.
                Possibly an odd way of looking at it but ah well.

The only other airlines I'll probably fly with over the next year or so would be Norwegian or Wideroe to and from Norway.
                Flying over more mountain ranges hopefully - Scenery never ceases to amaze me.
                Any flight up there when it's still day light I adore.

There is one take-off that really astounded me once though.
                Leaving Oslo Gardermoen at dusk and the sky was a bright red and orange. I'd never seen anything like it in my life.
                Naturally I had to record it and take some pictures.
                if your interested, here are a couple that I took.

I'm not exactly good at taking pictures since I've only recently got into doing such. You could say I'm wearing a big red 'L' when I'm taking pictures - but I don't have a decent enough camera or knowledge to match anywhere near other peoples.
                Perhaps in time that will change - And I do hope so.
                Geo Ghost - The one and only
                My Profile & Travels
                YouTube Profile & Travel playlists

Comment

I would have to say my first flight aboard a Canadian regional F-28-1000 in 99 from YQR-YWG, we continued to Toronto after that
                  I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

Mine would have to be Air Canada's 878 from Toronto to Zurich, though it was better when it continued on to Delhi from there .

Nehal

Comment

I don't know if I have one favorite flight, but there definitely have been some that stand out. My first 747 flight (12/27/73 SJU-JFK on AA) is one, also a flight in June 1989, ORD-CLE on a DC-10. Had to have less than 100 pax on board (on a plane that holds over 300). I found out later that it was on the last leg of a HNL-SFO-ORD-CLE trip. UA had a focus operation at CLE in the late 80s (before CO started their hub there), so it wasn't unusual for A UA heavy to be there. It was great to have all that room after suffering through the first leg of my trip, LAX-CLE on a full 722, blah. I had tried to route the trip connecting in DEN, trying to avoid UA's massive hub at ORD with it's 2 concourses (I could envision myself having to rush from B to C or vice-versa), but when I arrived at LAX, they had changed my intinerary (probably one segment was undersold and they cancelled, doubtful it was mx-related). The return trip, I did go through DEN, CLE-DEN was a 722, and DEN-LAX was a DC-10, far from sold out, but more pax than the ORD-CLE.

Comment

My favorite flight was JFK - BKK.... you entered the aircraft and I felt I was on vacation already add. no waiting time in ICN, NRT or PEK

Comment

My favorite flight....
                          it was: BCN>>>VCE.
                          There was a lot of wind...
                          Penzo Jacopo

Comment

August 2007, JFK-CDG. Wow, what a crew. The inflight entertainment didn't do anything for me. But it was the longest flight for me ever, and the Air France cabin crew just made it so pleasant. I just want to know where they recruit their staff! They were too beautiful to be in the flying business! Should be in movies or at fashion shows.

Comment

Wow i never thought this thread would get over a thousand views.....lol
                              August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Working...
                              X