Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my summer adventure part IV

My Summer trip part IV

After a long while of abscense I decided (and had time) to upload another trip. This trip contains the following flight (between arrows)

14/07/2008 9W 0228 Brussels-Newark Jet Airways Boeing 777-300ER
    15/07/2008 AA 0915 New York JFK-Miami American Airlines Airbus A300-600
    20/07/2008 AA 4959 Miami-Jacksonville American Eagle ATR 72
    ->21/07/2008 FL 0026 Jacksonville-Atlanta Air Tran Boeing 717-200<-
    04/08/2008 B6 1086 Charlotte-New York JFK Embrear 190
    04/08/2008 9W 0227 Newark-Brussels Jet Airways Boeing 777-300ER

Link to part I: showthread.php?t=44904
    Link to part II: showthread.php?t=45050
    Link to part III: showthread.php?t=45372

Background:
    For my 18th birthday I wanted to make a special trip with alot of new aircraft types. Eventually after a month planning (dates, flights,…) I finally put this trip together.

Pre-departure:
    After arriving from Miami with American the day before I checked in my hotel. Immediatly I called the lost and found in MIA. But there was an anwer machine. After organizing my stuff I went to explore the hotel area. After returning to the hotel, I took a dive in the pool. And ate at the Longhorn stakehouse in the airport area. (Taxi to the city was 30 dollars so I stayed around the airport.) At about 22h I found my bed.

Next day I was going to meet my dad in Atlanta. He was coming in on the direct flight from Brussels with Delta. Leaving at 1000 local time. (4AM in JAX). And arriving just a few hours behind me. Woke up at around 630 and washed and dressed. At that time I got a text message from my dad: “Still in Brussels- Mechanical prolbem”. Appearently the plane had a mechanical failure in the nose gear when it landed in Brussels on the inboud Delta flight from Atlanta to Brussels. This even made Belgain broadcasting. Thoes anyone know what happened? Imediatly I knew this was going to be a loooonnnng day. Well, at about 745 I ate breakfast in the buffet, talked a little with the receptionist and packed my stuff. At 9 my dad texted me that the plane was ready to go. Delta’s 125 was running about 5 hours late. N156DL was assigned to that run today. Back to Jacksonville,FL. At the same time I left to check out and called the hotel shuttle to pick me up. At about 930 I was standing inside the airport.

@ the Airport
    Arrived at the airport and proceded thru check in. I used the kiosk once again. When dropping off my bag. The counter agent looked at my passport (was using my Belgain passport at that time). And said “Wow, you’re far away from home honey” Ahhh, just like that southern hospitality. Proceeded thru security at the time it was 9:50 about an hour before my departure to Atlanta. Traffic was very light today. A vary of US, DL, FL and AA to their hubs around the country. As a matter in fact I was able to make a picture of both of Atlanta’s based cariers a DL MD88 N933DL and my Airtran B717 was due to leave 30 minutes before us. At 10:00 N980AT pulled up from Atlanta at the A concourse at gate A2. So I decided to head to the A-Concourse. Wich Is Jacksonville’s new concourse wich is very nice. At 10:30 boarding began and a few minutes later I boarded the new Boeing 717.

The flight:
    Monday 21 July 2008
    Jacksonville (JAX/KJAX)-Atlanta(ATL/KATL)
    Air Tran Airways 26
    Boeing 717-2BD N980AT. Economy 28A
    10h52-10h46 (Gate A5; wheels up on runway 15 at 10h56)
    12h02-11h46 (Gate C13; wheels down on runway 27L at 11h3
    Cruising Altitude: FL 280.
    Load factor: 100% in Y
    Routing: Jacksonville-Dublin, GA-CANUKT-Atlanta
    Displays a map on which the great circle path for one or more routes is plotted and calculates the distance along each route. Ranges from one or more locations may also be plotted, along with go/no-go areas for ETOPS operations at various rule times.

Boarding the plane I was greeted by 2 young flight attendants. It was funny to see an actual Bussines class on a flight that short of a duration. After finding my seat in the very back of the plane my neighbour had already found his seat too. Legroom seemed ok, or at least better than my AA flights earlier this trip. Shortly therafter boarding was completed. And the saftey demonstration was showed. The lead F/A started her sentence with “Good Afternoon ladies and gentlemen” another FA said immediatly. “o don’t mind her she is saying that all day.” Everyone laughed. Once that passed our engines spooled up to full throttle and we lifted up on runway 15 at 10h56

Flight time was about 48minutes into Atlanta this morning. Immediatly we flew up to FL 280 once inflight a small snack service and a drink service began. I recieved some cookies and some water. Suprisingly more than what some other AAirlines would offer on similar routes. While waiting on my drink I discovered the live radio in the armrest wich I tought was a nice function on small flights this lenght. Another intresting fact I noticed in the in flight magazine was that it was noted that cockpit visits are allowed when the aircraft door is open. I personally taught it was funny to read on a US-based airline after 9/11

Decent in the Atlanta area started about 1120. before we knew we touched down on runway 27L at 1138. After landing about 100 times on this runway on widebodies. It did felt strange passing this location very low from the ground. On the ground there was a lot of Delta and Air Tran traffic. Announcements where made if we could close our blinds upon deplaning. Once we were at the gate FA’s asked us if we could help to keep the plane clear to ensure the next flight’s ontime departure. Arrived at gate C11 at 1146. After a nice talk with the pilots I left the plane. My plane was flying to Chicago Midway at 1245

Next on the list was to check the arrivals screen for my dad’s flight. Delta 125 from Brussels was due in at 1852 (scheduled for 1340). Meaning this would be a long afternoon in the Atlanta airport. With temperatures up to 100 F it was to hot to go outside. Finally after a long afternoon Delta 125 touched down. At about 2015 my dad got thru custums and at 2030 we could leave Atlanta. Traffic wans’t bad so I got into Anderson SC at 2230. 11,5 hours after leaving my hotelroom in Jacksonville, FL

As a bonus I would like to give a list of regs I spotted in JAX and ATL.

JAX:
    N933DL
    N980AT
    N764AL
    N741US

ATL:
    N980AT
    N134DL
    N935DL
    N173DN
    N615SK
    N3771H
    N937AT
    N176AT
    N970AT

My Total travel time was about 11hours and 38 min.

Thank you for viewing and stay tuned for part V (jetBlue Embrear 190 Charlotte-New York JFK)
    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

very good tr;on the boards in JAX I saw the 3 US flights,at first I only saw Reagon and Charllotte,and I'm thinking,what about philly intill I see it.What hotel did u stay at in JAX?
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
      very good tr;on the boards in JAX I saw the 3 US flights,at first I only saw Reagon and Charllotte,and I'm thinking,what about philly intill I see it.What hotel did u stay at in JAX?
      thanks for the comment. I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriot at the JAX airport
      Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

oh ok.
        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Working...
        X