Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your shortest and longest flights (distance)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening! (or afternoon in the states and southern america, Night or morning in Asia!)

My shortest flight was with VLM airlines. VG227
    RTM-LCY. 165NM. And that distance was covered in 46 minutes.

But If you also count Lessons flights it would be a total distance of 56NM. in 1 hour.

My Longest flight was with Air Holland. Flght number unknown. (lost it..)
    It was AMS-MCT-CMB-MLE.
    The flown distance was: 5220NM.
    And we covered the distance in 21 hours.

Regards, Jeffreyklm

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
      My shortest flight (unscheduled flight) due snowing in Detroit. I was in Detroit City airport (KDET) on Southwest should have non stop to Midway KMDW on a B737-300. DTW had some of passengers stranded for MDW. Southwest called in DET could you please pick psgrs up in DTW? Southwest pilots said sure! LOL! We flew DET-DTW in 9 minutes with snowing. It was awesome flight!

Stuart
      Longest Flight (distance): 3,629 mi, 6:59 h, New York (John F. Kennedy) - Paris (Charles de Gaulle), 02-01-1989
      Longest Flight (duration): 6:59 h, 3,629 mi, New York (John F. Kennedy) - Paris (Charles de Gaulle), 02-01-1989
      Shortest Flight (distance): 228 mi, 1:05 h, Detroit (Metropolitan Wayne County) - Chicago (Midway), 04-25-2008
      Shortest Flight (duration): 0:53 h, 342 mi, San Jose (Norman Y. Mineta) - Santa Ana (John Wayne), 08-14-2009
      Fastest Flight: 520 mi/h, 3,629 mi, 6:59 h, New York (John F. Kennedy) - Paris (Charles de Gaulle), 02-01-1989
      Slowest Flight: 195 mi/h, 228 mi, 1:10 h, Chicago (Midway) - Detroit (Metropolitan Wayne County), 04-25-2008
      Average Flight: 1,074 mi, 2:36 h

The flight in 89 is just whatever is the stock response for time / distance for that flight - way to long ago for me to know the actual / date and times.

The DTW-MDW flight is what was actually scheduled on the ticket, and the SJC to SNA is according to flight aware how long we were actually up in the air.

Comment

Shortest: Toronto (YYZ) - London Ontario (YXU), Dash 8-100, Air Canada Jazz, 30 min., 89mi, last trip Sep 2007

Longest: HongKong - Anchorage - Toronto (YYZ) (refueling stop at ANC, not allowed to leave aircraft), A340-300, Cathay Pacific, about 20 hrs westbound, 8113 mi, flown too many times

Longest non-stop: HongKong - Toronto (YYZ), 777-300ER and 777-200LR, Cathay Pacific and Air Canada, about 15.5 hrs westbound/14.5 hrs eastbound, 7810 mi, flown too many times
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

Shortest : Barcelona (BCN)- Toulouse (TLS), 165mi, ATR42, AIr France
          Longest non-stop: New York (EWR) - Hong Kong (HKG), 8065mi, Continental Airlines , B777-200ER

Comment

Shortest - Longest Flight by Mac

Shortest Flight:
            United from San Diego to Los Angeles. It was a 747 too, which then went on to HNL, Hawaii. The crew was funny because there were only two of us on the flight. We then deplaned and caught our flight to PHL, which, sad to say, was fully loaded and infact overbooked, and delayed for three hours.
            Longest Flight:
            World from Baltimore to HNL with no scheduled stops at all.
            Longest Flight: (By time.)
            PHL-JFK-Rome, en route emergency, landed in Gandor, then, another, landed in Cardiff, finally on way, diverted to Milan due to airport trouble, and then finally to Rome. (Point to point time: 46 hours and 37 minutes.) First time, I almost went crazy, but didn't have to as the other passengers made up for all of us. (Even a fist fight with passenger and crew member, ergo the Milan stopover.) It was a crazy start of what turned out to be a fun vacation.

Comment

I just got off a WN flight from LAS to SFO that was 59 minutes long. I guess we took a shortcut ? (WTF) ?

Comment

Shortest MNL-CEB 45 mins

Comment

Longest SIN-MNL

Comment

Longest:

London Gatwick - Houston George Bush Int. > 5000 miles (CO DC10-30)

Shortest: (not including airfield circuits or returning to same base)

Thruxton - Popham < 17 miles (US Army / Private PA19)

Shortest revenue flight:

London Gatwick - London Heathrow approx. 25 miles (Airlink S-61N)
                    Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-10-26, 11:03.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper View Post
                      Shortest, any number of planes I jumped out of-two miles, straight up! Or for those military static line jumps, 1000 ft.

Shortest commercial flight was any number of times I flew between YVR and YYJ, once on a DC-8. 39 miles

Longest was YYC-FRA on an AC 333. 4692 miles. Second place HNL-CVG on a Delta 764ER. 4433 miles

Longest series without hotel stay. YYZ-LHR-DXB-KBL on AC 763, EK 773, and Ariana Afghan A300B4. 8025 miles
                      New longest flight, flown yesterday, AC 033, YVR-SYD 772LR, 7757 miles according to Great Circle Mapper.

Comment

New shortest, PSP to LAS. I was diverted on an SFO-LAS flight and we had to land in PSP before going to LAS. Whats cool about this is that there is no scheduled service between the two airports.

Comment

Hmmm.

Longest would be LHR-SIN.
                          13hours!

Shortest... On a 737... 23mins between NZCH and NZWN.
                          Note: I did not copy PMN, I am in fact obsessed with both (ask anyone who knows me and they would confirm that I talk constantly about these things

Comment

Shortest flight
                            REP-PNH on a Silkair A320, 146 miles.

Longest flight

HKG-SFO on something from Cathay, dont remember what, 6927 Miles

Aaron

Comment

Working...
                            X