• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fr9085 ema-alc

Ryan Taylor – Travel Review
    Flight Number: FR9085
    Airline: Ryanair
    Route: East Midlands (EMA/EGNX) – Alicante (ALC/LEAL)
    Fair: £50 Return
    Details
    Off Blocks: 06:42
    Departure Time (Schedule): 06:35
    Departure Time (Actual): 06:50
    Arrival Time (Schedule): 10:10
    Arrival Time (Actual) 10:18
    On Blocks: 10:21

After printing my Ryanair check ‘n’ go passes I preceded, straight to security, having hand luggage only we were subjected to a rigorous baggage screening process, which resulted in the confiscation of my hair gel!! They also chucked a fit about the camera lens cleaning fluid in my bag which last time I travelled they said nothing about. After screening my laptop, bag, they also made me take my neck lanyards off and my belt and jacket, so practically a strip search. Clear finally after loitering for 10 minutes while they decided if they were going to confiscate my camera lens. They didn’t, how nice of them, however I’d sooner of lost my camera lens, to my hair gel...
    We then proceeded to gate 17 to wait for them to open gates 18-22 which they did after about 20 minutes, very illogical lay out as you have go up a flight of stairs to come down a set of stairs. Being the first person there, I decided to join the boarding queue as to which I was first. At about a quarter to six soon the rest of the passengers started to arrive at gate 19, and servisair in their infinite wisdom parked a couple of buses across the gate so we couldn’t see the plane, the buses were not for us either. After only a 15 minute wait they started to board priority passengers, after 3 or 4 minutes they started boarding the rest of us being first in queue, I got an emergency exit seat, seat 16F after having a little chat with "Catherine" the number two onboard, she told me the load factor was about 94% so 179 souls. After taking my seat she told us not to fasten our seat belts as the aircraft was still being refuelled, this took about 15 minutes and as soon as the tanker, had left the plane the seat belt sign came on.
    After waiting for a few stragglers, and the ambulance to bring a disabled passenger, the door was shut and we were just waiting for ATC to let us push back, which they did a couple of minutes late. After pushing back and being tugged forwards a little bit, we were de-iced and then, we started or taxi to runway 09, as ever Ryanair use the link taxi-ways in this case the ‘G’ taxiway. I actually think Ryanair captains have a system were by they take off as early as possible on the runway but use a gradual acceleration, and see if they can wipe out the villages of Castle Donnington and Mickleover, 10 points if you manage it?
    No our flight didn’t wipe out any villages, however we soon climbing on the Daventry 3P departure which takes us over Mickleover, Loughborough, Kettering before south to Daventry.
    The captain didn’t speak to us and tell us anything about the route or our cruising altitude but based on my past experience with Ryanair I’d assume either FL380 or FL400.
    After a short sharp climb the seat belt sign was turned off so as ever the mad scrum followed for people wanting "Vogue, This Morning" or the other women magazines and as for the men I don’t know their weren’t any except me either before me or behind me.
    Sitting in row 16, and Ryanair who do the snacks pass in two sectors rear and forward cabin, annoyingly the back cabin pass started in row 17 so i had wait 45 minutes for them to get to me, as ever just a coffee for me and because I was feeling nice I brought a hot chocolate for my mum this set me back 6 Euros, but oh well its "Ryanair gourmet coffee"
    Over what I could assume to be the coast of France we started to get some very rough turbulence, which resulted in seat belts for the remainder of the flight. Oh the joy.
    I had being planning on buying a watch off the plane but they didn’t bring the magazine round so I couldn’t see the range and instead "Joanna" tried to sell me some lipstick and mascara. But that wasn’t a problem just highly amusing.
    By the time Ryanair had done another drinks pass and then a meals pass we were starting our descent which was very, very rough into Alicante.
    We flew over Valencia and Benidorm before banking to establish the localizer runway 10 at Alicante.
    After a very smooth landing, which unusually didn’t see passengers looking slightly green, we on a remote stand and had to bussed to customs correction were customs should be because as ever at Terminal 2 Alicante there was no-one checking passports.
    In conclusion Ryanair were as ever a fantastic low cost service which got from E to A correction A to B, safely and comfortably a service which I thoroughly enjoy using. However as servisair were exceptionally rude to a disabled family who were travelled I have to make the experience down slightly on their behalf, however I must stress the fault WAS NOT with Ryanair but with servisair. A mark is also deducted because the Captain didn’t find an alternative route that wasn’t so rough. Finally who ever decided Ryanair cabin crew are "rude and snappy" I’d like to know as the crew I spoke to were polite, friendly and chatty.
    So my final flight score: 8/10

Best Regards
    Happy Easter
    Ryan Taylor
    Reported Live From La Villa Joisa Alicante Region

Nice report Ryan, Im gald you enjoyed Ryanair.

I must say when I have gone through securty at LTN in the past they have made me take my belt off as well as my jacket. As with the lanyards, perhaps it's because the metal clip?

I find it weird they wanted to take you lens cleaning fluid and lens away from you, as long as they conform they shouldn't even question it.

Thanks

Ben Leonard

Comment

Great job!

Excellent and very detailed flight review, glad to see that the strict security didn't take away your camera lens, I would have been really, really pissed if that were happen to me. Overall, Ryanair is decent if you know the rules and don't have super high expectations. They get you from point A to point B as quickly and safely as possible, if you want more than you have to pay for it. Wow, 6 Euros for a cup of coffee and hot chocolate, Ryanair's gourmet coffee, certainly comes for a gourmet price.

Do you have any photos of this journey that you could post. Look forward to seeing more excellent reviews from you in the future.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Rohan,

I have attached a couple of pictures I took during the trip.
        These arn't great through no fault of the camera lol.
        Daventry 3P

These are the only three reasonable images, which I agree are hardly the definition of fantastic.
        Thanks
        Ryan

Comment

I think that the first one is actually rather nice
          "And suddenly I realized that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension." Senna, Ayrton.

Comment

No problem about the lack of pictures, the three you provided are really good! The first one, IMO, would actually be very close to being JP.net database worthy! Great flight review and I appreciate the response. Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Working...
            X