:( Delta 5534 BTR - ATL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Delta 5534 BTR - ATL

May 11th I arrived at BTR for a 7:30am flight BTR-ATL (Delta 5534). I arrived early and everything seemed fine until the gate agent announced that the flight was going to be delayed for approximately 45 minutes. I think no big deal I can handle that. About an hour passes when the gate agent announces "Delta Flight is being delayed until further notice; the next update will be at 12:00pm".
    What?? That’s it? I see a line quickly form at the gate so I call Delta's 800 number and they told me the flight had been rescheduled to 12:30pm but don't leave the gate area because it could be sooner.
    For the next couple of hours Delta flights come and go to Atlanta which I understand they can't cancel those flights to put us on them but it is aggravating to watch them come and go.
    I finally go and stand in line at the gate counter. A guy in front of me is fussing and complaining that Delta has morons running it, etc… and I know the gate attendant can hear him but she pretends she doesn’t. The guy tells me he is booked on the same flight as me and they told him earlier there were no other seats available on other flights but he was going to continue to hound them. It does me no good to stand in line, all other flights are booked and all I can do is wait.
    A little while later I see a Delta flight come in from Atlanta and re-board. WHAT! The guy that was complaining gets on the flight, grrrrr. That really made me mad but I am not the type to be a “big mouth” in the airport so I keep quiet as did most of the other patiently waiting passengers.
    Finally at about 12:15 I see a CRJ-700 pull out of the hanger and pull to our gate. We boarded the flight and the pilot apologized for the delay saying there was some maintenance issues that had not been resolved during the night but he would try to make up some of the time.
    The flight to ATL was very smooth and a great flight. Could not believe how quiet those engines were. I was sitting near the ront of the plane.
    The drama before the flight was handled terrible by the gate attendant and letting the big mouth go ahead of all the other passengers seemed wrong when everyone else was acting in a peaceful manner.
    The only apology was by the Captain. I would have thought Delta would have offered something since there was such a delay.
    Sorry for the rant.

sad to hear you had such a bad expercience in BTR, nice report anyhow nice report
    Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Sorry to hear about your experience on us. BTR is one of our MX bases. Most planes scheduled to go there will be having MX done while its there overnight. Sometimes when the mechanics open up the plane they discover a few other things that need to be addressed. Getting to Atlanta on time is important, but unfortunately these things happen.

Comment

Working...
      X