Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sydney to London

Hi,
    I am lucky enough to be going back to London in January for a quick 5 day holiday.
    What airlines are recommended by people on the forum? I have done the trip a few times on QF/BA but was thinking of trying Virgin (VS) via HK. I am trying to keep the fare below AUD$2000, there are a few good deals out there.
    Is VS worth the change? Are they any better/worse than QF/BA? I am tempted to try VS but then I could get the chance to fly the A380 on QF.

Any ideas????

Cheers
    Carl

Carl,

A colleague of mine at work today found a $1500 RETURN fare Syd - London flying Emirates.

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
      Carl,

A colleague of mine at work today found a $1500 RETURN fare Syd - London flying Emirates.
      Yes I have seen a few good ones out there, when is he flying?

Comment

Just answered that for myself, there are flights for $1572 including taxes for travel between now and 15/11/09.
        Unfortunately for me it jumps up after 15/12

Comment

Carl,

Which is more of a novelty to you? I mean, if you have never tried VS then, by all means - try them. Though there are many good deals, can you possibly change the tickets so that you do different legs on different airlines (or would the split tickets simply cost too much)? I love BA, and thoroughly enjoy QF, but if you have never tried VS, you should. As for the A380, I am sure that you will have the chance to fly on it soon.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Or if you want to sample the best service in Asia book SQ. You could fly the A380 all the way or a mix of the A380 and the B77W (I prefer the Boeing). The fares may not be the cheapest (looks like A$2,300 including tax for January) but IMHO it'll beat the best that the other airlines have to offer any day.

Comment

hi,

thanks for the advice. i am willing to try either to be honest. quite like the idea of trying the A340-600 via HK.
              The best airfares I have seen at the moment are about $1850 (roughly), in your opinion is this a traditionally good fare for that time of year?

I have been speaking with a friend in London and the deals coming to Oz out of London are comparatively a lot cheaper, but an $1800 return flight from Syd seems a good deal. He is trying to get me to hang on and wait for airlines to release further discounted deals.

I have flights on hold which have to be paid for on Thursday, do I go for one of them or wait.?

I appreciate any advice

cheers
              Carl

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                Carl,

Which is more of a novelty to you? I mean, if you have never tried VS then, by all means - try them. Though there are many good deals, can you possibly change the tickets so that you do different legs on different airlines (or would the split tickets simply cost too much)? I love BA, and thoroughly enjoy QF, but if you have never tried VS, you should. As for the A380, I am sure that you will have the chance to fly on it soon.
                I have looked at a split, and buying two separate one way flights but it doesnt look like they can beat a deal released by the airline.

Comment

Working...
                X