LAX-FRA on DLH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAX-FRA on DLH

Not a review yet...but a question -- Anyone flown on the older 744's which Lufty flies on an international route? I got the chance 2 years ago to do the MUN-LAX route on the A346, but I was wondering if anyone can talk about the FRA route. Thanks
    T

Originally posted by twagenknecht View Post
    Not a review yet...but a question -- Anyone flown on the older 744's which Lufty flies on an international route?
    T
    I'm sure someone has, as I see those 744s at JFK regularly and they don't seem empty.

Comment

I ask because

I will be on one of these birds in December and as I have not flown in a DLH 744 yet wanted to know what to expect up front. Also, has anyone been able to gain access to the cockpit before the flight for a photo? That would be a catch for sure. I do not think there is a shot like that in the DB yet...

Comment

I will be on one of these birds in December and as I have not flown in a DLH 744 yet wanted to know what to expect up front...
        I guess that you will be one of the first to make such a report, on that route. If you do a generic forum search, there are a few LH reviews (but all on other aircraft types) and on other routes. Please do one, I am surely not alone in saying that we will be looking forward to it.

Also, has anyone been able to gain access to the cockpit before the flight for a photo? That would be a catch for sure. I do not think there is a shot like that in the DB yet...
        I wonder if it would be easier to gain access to the cockpit to take pictures in Germany (rather than at LAX)? Either way, the shot will be as appreciated as the review. Good luck, and have a great trip!
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Is there a shortage of 744 flight deck shots in the database or what? I mean, why would that shot be a particular catch?

Comment

I will be on one of these birds in December and as I have not flown in a DLH 744 yet wanted to know what to expect up front. Also, has anyone been able to gain access to the cockpit before the flight for a photo? That would be a catch for sure. I do not think there is a shot like that in the DB yet...
            I have flown several flights on LH Boeing 747-400s. Which class would you be flying in? I have only flown in Economy and the plane's seating is slightly more comfortable than that of the LH Airbus A340-600s I have flown on. The don't have PTVs, just overhead TVs every few rows and the Airbus A340-600 is a lot quieter than the Boeing 744.

Doing a database search, people have been able to gain access to the cockpit before a flight for a photo. Just wondering, is there a special reason why you would prefer to go before the flight rather than the end or the flight for a cockpit photo. I would just go after the flight for a photo because that way the pilots will probably be more likely to honor your request and will likely be more open to any questions.

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your flight review.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

If you're flying in economy and you're a tall person, be prepared for a tight seat pitch. I flew in LH's 744s back in '07-'08 and from what I know, not much has changed. Other than that, LH is installing PTV's in its widebody fleet so if you're lucky you'll get a 744 with in-seat video.

Comment

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=42365

here you go Tim, I flew FRA-IAD on the 744 and had no issues, I am just as happy reading a book or sleeping so PTV is of no concern to me.

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                X