Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZK-OKH
    replied
    I have just had my worst flight last month to come back home from a week in Istanbul. I decided to try the "new" Alitalia. Well the A320 used was old even though it was just repainted with the new livery. Inside it was very dirty, the seats were really unconfortable and in every row 3 of them were broken. The back of them couldn't remain up. The service on board was pathetic. They gave us a microscopic bag of biscuits and a small glass of horrible juice. Better not to speak about the crew. One of them was smelling bad, then everyone was lazy and very rude. This was an experiment to understand if Alitalia was really changed as they say. It was not. For me that was definitely the last experience with them.
    Last edited by ZK-OKH; 2011-08-27, 14:52.

Leave a comment:

• bb1134
    replied
    I can usually remedy bad service by carrying on some of my own food and drink.

I can usually remedy an annoying seat mate with Bose NC headphones.

I can remedy bad movies with my iPod and lots of good books/mags.

What I can't get over is the absolute lack of space provided on the aircraft along with minimal cushion on the seats.

I flew Atlanta to Dublin on a Delta 767-3 and had leg and side cramps all the way. When the seat in front of me goes back, I couldn't even lift my food to my mouth without tucking my elbows all the way in and leaning my head back.

7+ hours of no movement.

So the airlines can keep the movies, the food, and the smiles. I'd rather have my blood circulating when I fly.

Bob
    KMEM

Leave a comment:

• United.AirlinesLover
    replied
    I commute to Los Angeles(from london) nearly once a week for work. I ALWAYS fly United,My favourite airline. But last week i decided to fly BA (Economy).
    It is BY FAR, THE worst flight i have EVER had in my ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Yes the flight was very punctual, but the food was awful, the crew looked down on the passengers, and were very rude, The seats were battered, the person in a row in front of me had his window blind stuck down, the IFE is terrible, and the flight itself was insane(even though its not the airlines fault, it really didnt help)!! the Boeing 747 must have been old, and everytime we hit turbulence (which was once too often), the plane would make vibrating sounds and crack and creak everytime.

I will definately stick to United from now on....

Leave a comment:

• TheRealAncientMarine
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

Coming back to International airlines. The worst ?
    UA B777 Heathrow - LA.

Anyway, like I said there were 50 of us who were all now extremely pissed off and had all caught on to the fact that our group was being singled out because we were on a cheaper rate ticket.

Have you ever seen what happens when a group of Brits who perceive themselves as being shit upon get together and take action ?

Well, this group of Brits split up and went as smaller groups to each of the check-in desks....and flatly refused to move until the clusterf**k created by UA was sorted to our satisfaction.
    Result ? Check in effectively closed with around 2 hours to flight time.

Final result ?

and tells grumpy bitch to reallocate a block of 50 seats to our group spread across the width of the aircraft on the understanding that we will arrange our own seating.
    We still won cos' we all joined one queue and simply took adjacent seats as we checked in.

The bastards got their own back on the flight though. Trying to get any kind of service to our rows at the back was next to impossible.

Sooooooo. United Airlines ?

NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

P.S. I did get a little satisfaction on the way back. My baggage was overweight and they wanted to charge ústupid for the excess.
    "Certainly, no problem. This is my home address, please bill me"

"We take cash sir". "No cash, spent it all IN AMERICA"
    "Please bill me at this address"

"We take a credit card sir" "I don't have a credit card"

"We take a debit card sir". "Debit card will be refused, I don't have the funds cos I spent it all IN AMERICA"

"We take travellers checks.....sir" Don't have any travellers checks left, I spent them all IN AMERICA"

I never did pay the excess baggage.
    Remind me, as if I didn't know already, never - ever to book a ticket on a flight were I might encounter a bunch of Brit tourists. Why would 50 people need to sit "together" on a short flight? So you could all stand up in the ails and have a chat? That is exactly the kind of people that I would avoid at any cost when I travel. Could there be a very good reason WHY they didn't want 50 Brits all bunched up? Like previous bad experience?
    And you managed to avoid paying the excess baggage fee and holding up others in the process I assume. How clever. My hero.
    Per

And you had advised the airline that you needed to be sat together? And you received no confirmation? And that was sufficient? Ho, hum.

Leave a comment:

• WidgetKid
    replied
    Worst ever would have to be on Delta from JFK-MCO, but NOT because of Delta; they had nothing to do with it. First off; it's JFK at international departure time on an MD-88 so we were a bit late in the first place. Then, we push and are in the alley when we have to return to the gate because they forgot to load a cargo pallet. Ok fine; but then we push and the Air China 744 in the alley breaks blocking the entire alley. They finally got it out and by that time we were almost two hours late. To top things off; the guy behind be had some horrid resperatory disease because he hacked the entire flight. I went and got a TB booster after that one.

Leave a comment:

• cathay belgium
    replied
    Hi,

My worst; Den Pasar to Surabaya,domestic Indonesian
    Sempati Airlines,B737-200 (PK-JHC)
    * Planes was older than the stewardess
    * Many parts (inner and outer ! ) where missing and repaired by some monkeys!
    * Besides safety card there was a card with 'the pray for people in danger' in 4 languages (english-bahasa-mandarin& .. ) + ( 4 religions catholic-islam-buddha-hindoe)
    * Magazine ( inside CEO promises better maintenance due to crashof last month...)
    * flight for one hour but if I doesn't took it I missed my intercontinental flight to europe ( on CX-dest. AMS)
    Can anyone do better ...

Fingers crossed..
    CX-B

Leave a comment:

• jayantamirrana
    replied
    Virility Ex

I got seated in the very back of the plane, next to the bathrooms, the window seat, but no window, and it was near the engines. I couldn't hear anything the entire flight because of the roar,

Leave a comment:

• BoeingKing77
    replied
    Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

UA B777 Heathrow - LA.
    Booked in as part of a travel group with the booking made almost a year earlier. Had already contacted the airline to advise them that although we were travelling under different surnames we were a couple and would like to sit together.
    Arrived at check in to be confronted by a surly bitch with absolutely no people skills at all who informed us that were not flying on this flight, we were being bumped off to make way for full fare Americans who had just turned up at the airport.

"No" said I, "we are part of a travel group and are being met in LA by travel reps along with others from different origination airports. We have to go on this flight or lose our holiday".
    Grumpy bitch finally concedes that we (about 50 of us), who booked a year ago took precedence over the new arrivals who had'nt even booked.
    Grumpy bitch now tells us that our group booking has had seats allocated all over the aircraft and she will absolutely NOT make any changes to seat allocation. I was allocated the front row of economy and my wife was allocated a seat three from the rear. The same was happening for all of our group (WTF didn't they simply allocate a block of adjacent seats, we could have sorted our own seating requirements out).

Anyway, like I said there were 50 of us who were all now extremely pissed off and had all caught on to the fact that our group was being singled out because we were on a cheaper rate ticket.

Have you ever seen what happens when a group of Brits who perceive themselves as being shit upon get together and take action ?

Well, this group of Brits split up and went as smaller groups to each of the check-in desks....and flatly refused to move until the clusterf**k created by UA was sorted to our satisfaction.

Final result ?

We won that war. Grumpy bitch pissed off to get her supervisor. Supervisor arrives, listens to our complaints and the fact that we 'aint moving until it gets sorted. Supervisor ponders the situation, begins to realise the shedload of paperwork coming his way....and tells grumpy bitch to reallocate a block of 50 seats to our group spread across the width of the aircraft on the understanding that we will arrange our own seating.
    We still won cos' we all joined one queue and simply took adjacent seats as we checked in.

The bastards got their own back on the flight though. Trying to get any kind of service to our rows at the back was next to impossible.

NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

P.S. I did get a little satisfaction on the way back. My baggage was overweight and they wanted to charge ústupid for the excess.

"We take a debit card sir". "Debit card will be refused, I don't have the funds cos I spent it all IN AMERICA"

"We take travellers checks.....sir" Don't have any travellers checks left, I spent them all IN AMERICA"

quite a story u got there brian....i really like the part about paying Estupid..........

Leave a comment:

• brianw999
    replied
    Worst...and most frightening was from Jeddah to Amman on Yemeni Airlines B737-200.
    Rucked up carpets, broken seats, a flight deck door that swung open and closed every time we turned, the stewardess ( I think it was female ) had a better moustache than me......and then, 20 minutes after takeoff I smelt burning !
    Looked to the rear to see an arab pumping up his paraffin powered primus stove to cook his chicken !!
    Immediately called the 'stew to report it. He/she/it looked puzzled and went to the offending arab. Short conversation later he/she/it returns and indicates that the arab is willing to share his meal if I'm that hungry !!

I don't think I got my intention across very well.

UA B777 Heathrow - LA.
    Booked in as part of a travel group with the booking made almost a year earlier. Had already contacted the airline to advise them that although we were travelling under different surnames we were a couple and would like to sit together.
    Arrived at check in to be confronted by a surly bitch with absolutely no people skills at all who informed us that were not flying on this flight, we were being bumped off to make way for full fare Americans who had just turned up at the airport.

"No" said I, "we are part of a travel group and are being met in LA by travel reps along with others from different origination airports. We have to go on this flight or lose our holiday".
    Grumpy bitch finally concedes that we (about 50 of us), who booked a year ago took precedence over the new arrivals who had'nt even booked.
    Grumpy bitch now tells us that our group booking has had seats allocated all over the aircraft and she will absolutely NOT make any changes to seat allocation. I was allocated the front row of economy and my wife was allocated a seat three from the rear. The same was happening for all of our group (WTF didn't they simply allocate a block of adjacent seats, we could have sorted our own seating requirements out).

Final result ?

We won that war. Grumpy bitch pissed off to get her supervisor. Supervisor arrives, listens to our complaints and the fact that we 'aint moving until it gets sorted. Supervisor ponders the situation, begins to realise the shedload of paperwork coming his way....and tells grumpy bitch to reallocate a block of 50 seats to our group spread across the width of the aircraft on the understanding that we will arrange our own seating.

NEVER, EVER AGAIN.

Last edited by brianw999; 2009-11-27, 08:02.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingKing77
    replied
    lol.Im gonna break the thing i said about 4 months earlier about no bad things about US.

Going to denver one year from philly,A320 was old,we(my family)had an overwing exit seat so we had no recline,we waited THREE HOURS for a jammo with about THIRTY PLANES INFRONT OF US.(which i blame on not having enough runways.good ol' philly with delays)and the AC wasnt even on and it was close to 100 F and everyone was sweating like crazy(not to mention half the plane was filled with crying babies)

Leave a comment:

• LH-B744
    replied
    First, I have to ask the administrator not to be steered to the door if I admit my worst experience was in an english speakin country...

That was the return flight from EGGW home to EDLW, which was planned as a nice weekend trip to London. But I swear I'll no longer try to save money on air travels. It was an EZY A319 and it was in the last days of March, so you wouldnt expect hot temperature, especially not in London. But spring had begun, and even in London the sun sugared my trip. But I remember that return flight as a very hot issue, the shuttle bus (supported by the airline) from London Victoria to EGGW was not airconditioned at all, so it was certainly more than 35░ Celsius inside, while maybe only 12-15░ outside, because it was a VERY early morning (approx. 0345 am).

That impression continued at Luton. Are the Britains always expecting temperatures below zero, or do they want naked passengers (which to me would be the best explanation), so why do they heat all their facilities until even a sun worshipper (who maybe I am) starts to heavily sweat.
    That impression continued in the EZY A319 to EDLW...

So you bet, on my next private trip to London, Ill invest some $ in a LH flight EDDL - EGLL ... AND in a 100%-airconditioned vehicle from EGLL to Victoria.

Leave a comment:

• jeffreyklm
    replied
    My worst flight is still from 1995..
    Air Holland, Boeing 757-200
    AMS-MCT-CMB-MLE. (That's right, All in a row).

The crew was very unfriendly due to the bankruptcy. Also we had to share a plate of food with our row-mate. Because there wasn't enough food on board..
    Then during the AMS-MCT leg, a drunk man became violent. Yelling to the FA's and even pushing the FA's. He was then catched by a man. The drunk man was then arrested at MCT.
    Then they had to search for the man's luggage. Wich was somewhere In the Aircraft. No-one knew where. So after 2 hours searching, the luggage was found.
    Then we had to refuel. Wich took about 30 minutes.
    (oh by the way, Those two and a half hours was without AirConditioning! That's not very nice in the middle east)

Then we continued to Sri Lanka. When we arrived there passangers were dropped of for holliday. Also their luggage was searched wich took about an hour. Then again refueling. Wich again took 30 minutes. (all without Airconditioning). Then we continued to my final destination: MalÚ!

That was really the worst flight of my life. It took about 21 hours to get from Amsterdam to MalÚ. With very unfriendly crew, and without food for everyone. We had to share a plate.

Leave a comment:

• ihatemondays
    replied
    "Worst" is a matter of view... my first flight was the worst. An aging GTI Airlines A300B4 (TC-GTA) on a journey EDDV-LTAI (and back) that had a really bumpy ride on takeoff due to rainstorms and subsequent unspecifiable vibrations for the whole 5h trip.
    In addition:
    - VERY cramped seats
    - A non-supporting backrest (when I tried to lean back against it - not even tried to recline - it flipped almost into the face of the guy behind me. So for the takeoff rollercoaster ride I held on to the row in front of me. Later it was rocking back and forth. Loose screws?
    - Inflight entertainment? Nope. Not even one lousy monitor anywhere, no audio. Glad I had a walkman back then...
    - Meal was supposedly rather okay, but I lacked any experience by then
    - Since it was before "Anatolia" days, the air-condition still worked, and the seats were at least halfway clean.

Flight back was about the same (but on plain white TC-GTB, no logos whatsoever) - constant vibrations, but at least no rollercoaster and no major trouble other than extremely dense seating. I returned much in the same state I left home (Shaken, not stirred). I was still lucky, I guess: Other pax's on the plane cursed about their flights with this airline due to heavy delays and unscheduled stopovers.

For more horror stories on this, search for "Air Anatolia" - renamed but not changed GTI Airlines. Seemed to have worsened before going out of business.

My 2 cents: Thank God this airline is gone from the skies for good.

A little laugh on the sidelines: GTI promoted its bird(s) as "maintained by British Airways". Nothing personal against BA, I'd fly with them anytime anywhere, but isn't it somewhat peculiar to have an aircraft maintained by some company that NEVER EVER had own planes of that type???

Edit-Add: Must have been in 1996 or 7. In '98, they changed names.

ToM
    Last edited by ihatemondays; 2009-07-27, 08:28. Reason: Addendum

Leave a comment:

• TeeVee
    replied
    Tower Air: SJU-JFK back god knows when. Talk about a beat up aircraft? Old 747 with, I kid you not, entire pieces missing inside. One door was missing the inflatable slide cover! Crew laughed when we asked for drinks. It was my first and last time on Tower. Thank god they went out of business.

Leave a comment:

• I_Love_NY
    replied
    Alitalia , Valencia to Pisa viaRome
    Valencia flight was old dirty plane, accidently no in-flight food was loaded so no in-flight service.Md-80 was loud and crew was rude. seats were crap.
    We got a drink thats all, and it had a dead fly floating in it.
    Rome - pisa was delayed for 4 hours, no warning of this.
    Boarded by a moody crew, no apology for the delay.
    In flight service was drink ad snack which were actually OK.
    Drink service was ether coffee or water, i asked for coke she gave me water.
    I asked for a refill she walked by.
    Seats cheap and small.
    Landed in Pisa, delayed another half hour as the door locking mechanism broke.
    Crew no apology for this.
    I say bye, they ignore, lady with carrying 2 babies and 2 pieces o hand baggage asks for help, flight attendant snatches her bag and drops it ontothe third step so the lady has to get down and get them, which isnt helping.

I would never recommend alitalia no any living soul

Leave a comment:

Working...
X