Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New York JFK - Delhi on Jet airways (w/pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York JFK - Delhi on Jet airways (w/pics)

Me and a few friends decided to go and see some old friends who had moved to India.
    I booked a fligh out on Jet Airways which came to $652 which i dunno if its expensive or cheap :S.

Jet Airways check in
    T8 has nowhere to eat or drink, so we headed to T4 to eat, then came back to T8 to check-in.

T4

Our plane go Dehi via Brussels.
    Boarding was smooth and organized, we were rushed pushing back.
    Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
    STD: 19:00
    ATD: Nearly on time
    Reg: VT-JEB
    Departure Airport :
    JFK (KJFK)
    Arrival Airport: BRU (EBBR)
    Seat: 38A
    Load Factor: 50%

Huge PTV'S

Cabin
    The American captain welcomed us aboard and gave some information about our route to BRU and we should expect a mostly smooth flight and an on time arrival.

Taxi to the 31L was long and we waited about 15-20 min in line for takeoff, which is not bad for JFK compared to my AF flight 2 years ago when we waited for about an hour and a half. Immediately after departure, we made that typical sharp bank to the left.

The advanced air show called iXplor then automatically switched on which was much better than the older moving map display:

Food service, chicken or fish...i chose chicken

Breakfast.

Danish,Bread,Butter,Fruit, Tea ,coffee or juice

Descent into BRU
    After arrival, the captain came on the PA and said there were 3 9W aircraft waiting to depart and which ever one left first, we would take their gate.

Layover in BRU was painless. All PAX are required to deplane during the layover. We followed the 9W transfer signs which led us to a security checkpoint....not sure why we have to re-clear security since we already did it in JFK but whatever.

Airline: Jet Airways (India)
    Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER
    STD: 11:30
    ATD: About 12:15
    Reg: VT-JEB
    Departure Airport: BRU (EBBR)
    Arrival Airport: DEL (VIDP)
    Seat: 38A
    Load Factor: 80%

Once boarding had finished, the cabin crew were trying to find out if this one person was on board or not. They kept asking if this passenger was on board over the PA and asked him to notify a cabin crew member if he was on board. Apparently, he wasn't on board since this announcement was repeated several times. The purser then requested for a headcount of all the PAX on board. I don't know why their computer system in BRU couldn't tell them if this particular person was on board. The captain, this time Indian, welcomed us on board and said that we are all ready to go, however since one PAX did not make the flight, his luggage would have to be located on off-loaded. He also said that we have to get a new departure slot since we would miss our current one. Pushback occured at about 12:15.

I Explor
    Take off was normal, nothing to report.

Chicken or fish, i chose chicken again.
    Sleep.....
    Breakfast:

Dunno what it is butpretty good
    Captain came on announcing our descent into DEL and said that there would be a small delay due to the traffic in DEL. Landing was a little rough and we taxied to the international terminal and parked at a bus gate. Got a shot of premiere class while leaving the aircraft.

Overall, I found 9W to be excellent. They are definitely up there with EK and other fantastic airlines in terms of service. DEL airport, on the other hand, is whole different story.
    Return when i return, Air India in first class return.
    Thanks for reading
    :-) Life is like a Journey,Travel it well. United Airlines :smile:
    :heart::smile::D:razz::-):-P:grin::):-D:love:

great report!

It looks like Jet treated you well! I hope to fly with them whenever I go to India!

Hopefully you aren't getting too heated up in India during the summer!

Have fun in Delhi!

Comment

Nice report

When did you take this flight? I did not knew Jet started flying with 777's back to BRU.

flew the exact same plane a year ago from Brussels to Newark.
      Airlines: XT,KL,SN,ACA,DL,AF,TV,SN,OS,LX,WA,NW,FI,US,AW,CO,OH,OO,9W,AA,AE,FL,B6

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

Thursday 9th July ..... thank you all for your nice comments

Comment

What do you mean T8 has no place to eat or drink? There's tons of places in the gate areas to eat and drink. Did you arrive to early to check in? If so yes...T8 only has one place to drink before the gate area. Oh and yes your fare was very cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by I_Love_NY View Post
            Thursday 9th July ..... thank you all for your nice comments
            you're welcome,

You where very lucky to have a 777, as only BOM-LHR still seemingly is on a 777. I Didn't knew it was already dark at 1900 in NY in the middle of July.

Aircraft:AT4,B763,B734,A321,B743,FRJ,B763ER,B772,A343,B733,F70,MD80,AR8,A319,CRJ,F50,D10,D95,A333,B752,B762,ERD,B764,CR9,B77W,AB6,ATR,B717,E190

Airports: ANR,AMS,ATL,BRU,ATH,JFK,LGA,GSP,CDG,FCO,EWR,FAO,VIE,ZRH,MEM,DTW,KEF,PHL,CLT,IAH,MIA,JAX

Comment

It wasnt

Comment

Originally posted by I_Love_NY View Post
                It wasnt
                It looked like on the 5th pic that it was dark outside?

Comment

Hmm...it does, ill have to see about that.

Comment

Nice Trip Report!

BTW you got that ticket for a fairly cheap price. I was looking for tickets to Amritsar next week from Toronto and they were about $1261, this is mainly because it is low season for people to travel to India and they need people to flt on their airlines as they are running out of money. I was also looking at a ticket to Delhi in December from Toronto and it is about $1800, which is still quite cheap compared to a few airlines like British Airways that was offering me about $2800 per ticket.

Nehal

Comment

Originally posted by C-FMWQ View Post
                      Nice Trip Report!

BTW you got that ticket for a fairly cheap price. I was looking for tickets to Amritsar next week from Toronto and they were about $1261, this is mainly because it is low season for people to travel to India and they need people to flt on their airlines as they are running out of money. I was also looking at a ticket to Delhi in December from Toronto and it is about $1800, which is still quite cheap compared to a few airlines like British Airways that was offering me about $2800 per ticket.

Nehal
                      Very nice trip report and great pictures as well! In addition, it's nice to see that Jet Airways looks to be as good internationally as it is domestically in India. I believe you got a samosa (an Indian appetizer made from a fried pastry shell stuffed with peas and potatoes) and the thing on the left is aloo tiki (basically a fried potato and pea patty) as for the 2 yellow things I have no idea, it could be a ladoo (an Indian sweet).

Yep, your fare to India was very, very cheap at $652. My family and I bought our tickets for Denver-LHR-Delhi on British Airways at $1300 for economy booking 3 months in advance. Last year we paid around $1900 for the same routing and same airline, but 1 flight in World Traveler Plus (Premium Economy).

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by Airfrancefan View Post
                        You where very lucky to have a 777, as only BOM-LHR still seemingly is on a 777. I Didn't knew it was already dark at 1900 in NY in the middle of July.
                        It isn't dark at this hour in the summer at JFK. However, when I took these pictures in March 2008 and wrote this report, it was dark at this hour. Also, the 77W hasn't been sent to JFK since the summer of 2008. Also, 9W229 is actually the YYZ-BRU-DEL flight and has been for over a year, I_Love_NY.

Anyone who would like to read a complete, non-plagiarized version of the Trip Report can feel free to click here:

Jet Airways 777-300ER JFK-DEL (Pix)

I also did a report on the return:

Jet Airways 777 DEL-JFK Mar 28 2008

Comment

Working...
                        X