Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warsaw-Rhodes-Warsaw, TravelService

Hello everyone,

This trip report covers a journey to/from the Island of Rhodes, me and my wife took this June.

Part1
    Route:WAW-RHO
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-800, OK-TVI
    Flight no: QS 324
    Take-Off:1015
    Touch-Down: 1345 (local,+1)
    Duration:2h30mins

We arrived to the airport at 0740, 2h50mins before scheduled departure. First we had to collect our vouchers. It took quite a while, since there was a line of 30+ people in front of the tour-operator’s desk.

Once we got the vouchers, we went to check-in desk.

The flight QS 324 was checked-in at desks 256-258.

We chose desk no. 256.

Despite the fact that there was a line of 20+ people, the process went relatively smoothly. I asked for emergency exit seats and a very nice WAS (Warsaw Airport Services) agent granted my request.

Next we proceeded to the security, which thanks to the fact, that we were allowed to use the lane dedicated to business class passengers, was a breeze. At 0900 we were airside.

First we did some shopping and then we split up. My wife went to buy drinks for a journey while I was watching the traffic. There was not too much action, though. Just for the record, there were Finnair’s E90, Malev’s DH4, Austrian Arrows’ DH4 and couple of LOT’s E70/E75 sitting on the tarmac.

Then I checked the number of our gate. The passengers of QS324 were to be boarded at gate B23.

When we got there we saw our ride, OK-TVI.

The boarding started at 0930 and went smoothly. We were greeted by a male FA. In no time, we took our seats. I have to admit that they offer a very generous seat-pitch. The aircraft’s interior was in a very good condition.

There were LCD monitors hanging over every 3-4 rows.

The boarding was completed at 1000. Shortly afterwards the FA came on PA with a standard announcement. She welcomed us aboard, gave info on duration of the flight (2h30mins), and asked for switching off electronic devices. Next, the safety demo began. It was shown (in English and Czech) on monitors. It was still being played when the push-back commenced. After a short taxing and rolling take off from RWY 29, we were airborne at 1015.

Once we reached cruising altitude, the BOB service begun. Since we had our own sandwiches and drinks, we didn’t buy anything.

I found the FAs very attentive and friendly. Every 20 minutes they did the rounds to make sure that everything was fine.

When we were entering Romanian air space the captain came on PA and gave us some details about our flight: altitude: 37000 feet; speed: 850 km/h; routing: Poland-Slovakia-Hungary-Romania-Bulgaria-Greece-west to the Turkish coast of Aegean Sea-Rhodes.
    I think it was a nice touch, given the fact that details of the flight were being displayed on the monitors throughout the flight.

The descent begun about 25 minutes before landing. We touched down at 1345 local time and after short taxiing we parked on the remote stand situated close to the terminal.

The de-boarding went very smoothly and after very short bus-ride we entered the terminal. We found the carousel and waited patiently for our baggage to come. It took some 15 minutes, and at 1410 we were outside terminal. Our 2 weeks stay on island of Rhodes were just to begin.

Part2
    All good things come to an end, and so did our holiday on the beautiful island of Rhodes.

Route: RHO-WAW
    Aircraft: Boeing 737-800, OK-TVI
    Flight no: QS 325
    Take-Off: 1508
    Touch-Down: 1655 (local,-1)
    Duration: 2h47mins

We arrived at the airport at 1305, 2h05mins before scheduled departure.

The flight QS 325 was checked-in at desks 25-27.

We chose the desk no. 26. The check-in commenced, as planned at 1310. We were second couple in the line and in no time we were checked-in. Once again we managed to get emergency exit seats , exactly the same as on our way to Rhodes.

Curiously enough, we didn’t leave the baggage at the desk. It was weighted and tagged and then we were asked to take it to the X-ray machine. It wasn’t a problem. Luckily it was located very close to the desk and there was no queue in front of it.

Once we got rid of the baggage we went upstairs to the security. It was performed in very efficient way, and despite a line, after 10 minutes we were airside.

Then it was a time to do some very last shopping (presents for parents). Afterwards I headed to the bar to buy us something to eat and drinks, and my wife went to secure “strategic” seats in front of the window. We were eating tasty cream-pies and watching the action on the tarmac, when we heard an announcement asking passengers travelling to Warsaw to proceed to the gate. Once we got there the bus with the first group of passengers had already left. While we were waiting for the next bus to take us to the plane I took couple of pictures.

Our ride back home would be OK-TVI, the same aircraft which brought us to Rhodes 2 weeks earlier.

We boarded the aircraft at 1435 and took our seats. For the next 10-15 minutes we were waiting for the last group of passengers to board the plane .

The boarding was completed at 1500. Soon afterwards we started taxing. When we got next to runway’s threshhold the safety demo was still being shown. Once it came to an end, the monitors were folded up, the engines started to roar and we went down the runway. We were airborne at 1508.

When we reached the cruising altitude the free water was served. Soon afterwards BOB begun. Although we had eaten at the airport, we still were a bit hungry so we decided to give it a try.

I chose a cheese sandwich. It was quite tasty.

I found the FAs not as good as the ones on the first flight. Shortly after service they went to the galley where they spent rest of the time.

The rest of the flight was uneventful.

We landed on RWY 11 at 1655 (Warsaw time). After a relatively long taxiing we parked at the air-bridge situated in the far of the terminal, next to the “government” tarmac.

The de-boarding begun at 1705. We waited patiently for the aisle to become empty and left the aircraft. It took some time to get to the carousel no. 13 situated in the terminal 1. The baggage showed up on the belt at 1735 and soon afterwards we found ourselves in front of terminal looking for the cab to take us home. Our holidays came to the end.

I would definitely take another flight with Travel Service. Both flights landed on time (or earlier), the FAs were professional (though not that much attentive on the second flight) and the cabin was clean and in good condition.

Thanks for reading,
    Michal (SP-LCC)
    P.S. Comments, questions are much appreciated.

hi

TravelService also come to tlv i loved your report

Comment

Hello Michal,

Very nice job on this flight review and some very nice pictures. Although, I was wondering if you typed this report in Microsoft Word because you have a lot of smileys. Looks like Travel Service is a pretty good airline and represents the Icelandair Group well. Just wondering, but how much did the sandwich cost?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Nice trip report!
        Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

TravelService also come to tlv i loved your report
          Nice trip report!
          Thank you.

Hello Michal,

Very nice job on this flight review and some very nice pictures. Although, I was wondering if you typed this report in Microsoft Word because you have a lot of smileys. Looks like Travel Service is a pretty good airline and represents the Icelandair Group well. Just wondering, but how much did the sandwich cost?

Regards,

Rohan
          Hello Rohan,

Glad you liked my review.
          Indeed, I typed it in Microsoft Word. I don't know what do you mean I have a lot of smileys. I can see only 3.
          The sandwich costed 4 euros.

Regards,
          Michal

Comment

Originally posted by SP-LCC View Post
            Thank you.

Hello Rohan,

Glad you liked my review.
            Indeed, I typed it in Microsoft Word. I don't know what do you mean I have a lot of smileys. I can see only 3.
            The sandwich costed 4 euros.

Regards,
            Michal
            Hello Michal,

Here's a screenshot, I took my screen. Looks like the sandwich was a pretty good value.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Hello Rohan,

Thanks for posting screenshot. Why I don't see these smileys (and haven't seen them when previewing/submitting post)? Does it mean everyone (apart of me) sees them?

Regards,

Michal

Comment

Working...
              X