East Midlands - Dublin FR535

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Midlands - Dublin FR535

I have written a flight review for my two flights on Saturday 30th Jan, no pics sorry.

FR535
    Route:EMA-DUB
    Aircraft: EI-EBB
    Of Blocks: 06:27
    Departure Time Scheduled: 06:35
    Departure Time Actual: 06:33
    Cruising Altitude: FL260
    Arrival Time Scheduled: 07:35
    Arrival Time Actual: 07:14
    On Blocks: 07:23
    Seat: 22F

After printing my boarding card off through Ryanair's online check in policy. The policy is basically book a flight and you MUST check in online and print your boarding cards off at home, then bring them to the airport. I like this method of check-in as it just gets rid of all the stress of airport check in and messing around before flights.

Our gate today would be gate 4, around 6 o clock a crew arrived and the aircraft became a hive of activity with the de-icer machine and the crew prepping the aircraft for departure.

We starting boarding about 6:08 I was second onto the aircraft. Which felt quiet new and fresh. At the door stood a senior cabin crew I was yet to meet, I can't remember her name. She was very friendly as she welcomed everyone on board. Moving toward my preferred seat I spoke briefly to the second in command 'Ted'.

Already just three minutes after starting boarding the crew were asking us to sit down as quickly as possible, it seemed to work we ready to go at just before twenty five past but had to wait for a tug.

For Ryanair fans the safety demonstration has being changed, a women does the voice over now and the content has being changed slightly.

Not to soon we were in the air hurtling north towards Manchester, seat belt sign off that meant market time in the air.

Ryanair offer a buy on board bar service and sell all sorts of little bits and pieces. Mainly hot drinks such as tea, coffee and hot chocolate, cold drinks such as J20, juices and alcoholic beverages. Also cold snacks, such as chocolate crisps, pringles and the new 'snack box' containing crackers cheese, a mars bar and a packet of crisps.

I had a cappuccino which was nice as ever but a little expensive at £2.90.

The rest of selling commenced including smokeless cigarettes, scratch cards, duty free which consists of a wide range of perfumes, toys, gadgets and gimmicks.

All to soon we were descending and we landing very smoothly for Ryanair standard upon Dublin's runway 28. For the eagle eyed the on time jingle has being changed and is now the old proper trumpet for 2008 with the 2009 voice over, it's sounds very good actually. It took us around 10 minutes to taxi and then another 8 minutes before they let us off the plane. I asked the purser weather I could take a cabin shot, the answer was a very apologetic 'no'.

Other crew today were Laurie who I have before and again a very friendly and amicable member of the crew, always nice to have a chat with.
    Ted the second in command also freidnly.
    Sara, another member I've had before and friendly enough again.

In concluded Ryanair did exactly what I wanted cheap, on time flight, no frills, no messing, friendly crew.

Ryanair are a service I would recommend to anyone willing to fly on the terms of the airline, the only time people have problems with the airline are when they don't follow the rules, I do follow them and have never had a problem.

Flight Score: 10/10

RT

Originally posted by Rtyrpics View Post
    Flight Score: 10/10
    Not that you're ever so slightly biased or anything...
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN View Post
      Not that you're ever so slightly biased or anything...
      Quoted from a previous Ryanair trip report
      As the other mad people traveling on a 6:35 to Dublin materialized i jumped into the queue and was first surprise surprise after a few minutes Miss Stewardess aka Joanna turned up this wasn't the best thing that had happened so far that morning as after having her as a stewardess on another flight which was hardly the definition brilliant I was slightly apprehensive about what lay in store on the nemesis that is EI-DYL. I was right to be after a brief chat with Joanna I was relieved to establish Greg would not be the number one on board doing well by this point although I must confess between lax and dopey Greg or ignorant and rude Chloe I'm yet to decide. After a little bit of dwardling in the way only Ryanair crew seem capable we started to board my initial encounter with the purser went something like this.
      Me: "Good Morning, is it possible for me and my friend to visit the flight deck once we've landed"
      Chloe "No it isn't on any Ryanair flight any seat except rows 2 and 3"
      Me "Other Ryanair crew have never minded"
      No response from Little Miss Ignorant apart from a look of deepest loathing I think.
      So not biased I don't think Paul.

Comment

Quoted from a previous Ryanair trip report

So not biased I don't think Paul.
        I was being sarcastic, although to be honest the second bit you mention pretty much sums Ryanair up to me!

My images on Flickr

Comment

I was being sarcastic, although to be honest the second bit you mention pretty much sums Ryanair up to me!
          I have to admit I find Ryanair flights very inconsistent. Sometimes flights will be brilliant and crew cant do enough for you. Other times they don't even speak to you. Its a funny airline, but at least they get customer service reasonably well thought out, unlike East Midlands Trains were every time I have traveled with them in the last years it has been a complete disaster.

Comment

Give me the train over Ryanair any day! That said, you do get what you pay for. I've done almost 80 flights with Ryanair now and can't really complain too much!

My images on Flickr

Comment

Give me the train over Ryanair any day! That said, you do get what you pay for. I've done almost 80 flights with Ryanair now and can't really complain too much!
              Lol Ryanair have their prons and cons. Everytime me or friends travel with East Midlands Trains someone will come back with a big problem. Infact having said that three weeks me and a group of students had a big problem with them. Our French exchange partners were leaving back to France and the conductor was so rude with us all it was a drama and a half.
              RT

Comment

the conductor was so rude with us all it was a drama and a half
                Sounds like most FR cabin crew!

OK, I'll stop being a twat now! I'm only joking, I know they're not really that bad usually.

My images on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X