Scheduled lift off - 19:40
    Landing - 07:50
    Actual lift off - 20:23
    Actual Landing - 07:50
    Equipment - Boeing 747-400
    Class - World Traveller
    Seat - 49K
    Flight Number - BA176

Still a little jetlagged, i walked up to the check-in counter and checked in.
    Got seat 49G but asked for a window seat and it got changed to 49K.
    Check-in NO WHERE near as messed up as AA at LHR.
    Security also NO WHERE near as packed and chaotic as LHR.
    Walked on to my gate, and watched this beauty get ready for her return flight. At 19:15, the gate agent hurriedly tried to get everyone on board, but she didnt manage and our aircraft missed its slot.
    On board we were welcomed by a very kind crew, and shown to our seats. During the delay, Water and Mild curry peanuts were given out.
    We pushed back late and taxiied to the runway. VERY turbulent take-off but smoothed out after we got through clouds. After take-off i switched on my PTV and started to watch Law abiding citizen. After about 45 minutes a drink service appeared, and i got a coke "with ice and a slice".
    Then that was followed by a food service. Special meals were again served first like on AA. Then the other meals service for the rest of the passengers. Chicken Tikka Masala or Pasta. I got the pasta.
    It came with Mini bread-roll, butter, garlic bread, and a fair-trade chocolate bar. While eating i watched Everybody hates chris, and two and a half men. The tray tables where then cleared away. I relaxed and fell asleep for a little while. I awoke at 05:30 am, and was offered breakfast.
    It consisted of:
    2 pancakes with maple syrup and Berries, with a chocolate croissant and orange juice. It was amazing !!
    After that i turned on my PTV and watched some My name is Earl.
    Descent was smooth, some lovely views of the country side.
    Touchdown was hard and again used almost all of the runway.
    Parked up at T5 and disembarked. Goodbye from crew who looked worn out, and i headed through passport control and collected my bag.
    I headed home around an hour and 10 minutes after landing.

Good flight with BA.

Ratings :
    Crew - 6/10 - didnt see them much
    Food - 10/10 - Excellent
    Aircraft Condition - 7/10 - rather old.
    IFE - 9.5/10 - Good and easy to navigate.

Dont know why AA are even a member of OneWorld when they have competition like BA in it....

"Dont know why AA are even a member of OneWorld when they have competition like BA in it...."

..........maybe because American is one of the main founding airlines of OW!

Why is United a member of *A to Frankfurt when they have LH as a competitor?

Comment

fair enough..

United and LH compete i guess for the same reason as BA and AA...both operate LHR- JFK,ORD,LAX etc

United have no *A Competition out of heathrow to America apart from AZ to LAX.

Comment

Originally posted by United.AirlinesLover View Post
        fair enough..

United and LH compete i guess for the same reason as BA and AA...both operate LHR- JFK,ORD,LAX etc

United have no *A Competition out of heathrow to America apart from AZ to LAX.

I think as for LHR its safe to say with Air New Zealand, American, British Airways, Delta, United, Continental, Virgin, US Airways, and 5th freedom Airlines that there is enough competition on TATL flights from LHR-USA.

In the case for UA and your statement your saying AA can't compete with BA on JFK-LHR so why is AA a OW member?

Well UA in my opinion can't compete with LH from ORD to FRA, MUC, DUS so I beleive they shouldn't be a *A member.

Granted both AA & UA are both founding airlines of their respected Alliances it may be wise to think twice beofre making silly opinions/judgments.....after all I do recall you saying that you would give AA an 8.5 from JFK-LHR on the 777 in one of your trip reports.

Comment

Im by FAR not critisising AA after the JFK-LHR flight i had....i was guessing it was a one off flight.
          And i dont think you can compare LH and UA, LH are better by prices etc...but by the standards of food and entertainment,UA wipes the floor with LH

Comment

Working...
          X