Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US 2669 Pittsburgh (PIT) to Toronto (YYZ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US 2669 Pittsburgh (PIT) to Toronto (YYZ)

Flt:US Airways 2669 operated by Mesa Airlines
    Date:10/10/03
    Routing: PIT - YYZ
    Aircraft: Embraer ERJ-145
    Dep: 18:05 (6:05 pm)
    Arr:19:12 (7:12 pm)
    Flight time: 39 minutes
    Seat: 5C,D
    Service: None

After shopping the entire day at Robinson Town Center with my girlfriend, we decided around 4:30 to head to the airport. We got to the airport in about 5 minutes. I parked my car and and we went to the check in. Since this was the evening rush, there was some crowd, but it didn't take us too long for check in. Since this was an international flight, we had to show our passport/birth certifcates. We had one bag to check in total. After we got our bagged tagged, we went to the TSA and gave them our bag for the usual inspection. After this, we headed to the security line, which was quite long. After about 15 minutes we got through securities with no problems, and caught the train to the airside terminal. Our flight was departing from A20 and so we looked around the airmall a bit till we headed to our gate. At around 5:30 we started boarding. Since I was on my laptop talking to my buddy, Alex in St. Louis. I waited till the last possible minute to get off the computer and headed to the jetway. We were the last ones to board and we took our seats in 5 C and D. Since my girlfriend had never been to Toronto, I let her sit in the window. She was very excited. We left the gate on time and taxied to runway 10R for takeoff. We took of really fast and climbed quickly to 17,000 ft and set course straight for YYZ. We flew over Franklin, PA, Jamestown and Buffalo, NY before crossing the lake over to YYZ. There was no inflight service, but if we wanted a drink we could have surely asked for it. After a little bit we descended and landed in Toronto. As soon as we did, I paged Alex, who was tracking my flight and told him we had reached safely. We taxied to the terminal and exited. After passing through Canadian immigration, we collected our bags and went to the arrivals, where my dad and grandparents were waiting. We spent an awesome weekend in Toronto, going clubbing, visiting the CN tower, and eating excellent food. Then Sunday the 12th came and it was time to fly back home to the US! More on that to come!

Hope you enjoyed this first part so far.
    Questions/Comments Welcome!

-Pete
    Pete Ganabathi
    Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Re:

Gr8 flt review dude! Sounds like u had a blast in Toronto! I certainly wanna go there and check it out sometime, especially since I've heard it's got some of the best Indian restaurants in the world!

Happy flying!

Comment

hey pete!!!!

yeah folks, i am the buddy and friend that kept him waiting at the last minute, was afraid he was gonna miss the flight if he waited any longer!!! lol.

glad to see you had a good flight, from what I could track u pretty much had it right the whole way through!!!!! i would love to go there some day, PIT and canada!!! sooner or later I WILL go to PIT!! Talk to yuo around AIM pete bye!!!
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Re:

Originally posted by Foxtrot
        Gr8 flt review dude! Sounds like u had a blast in Toronto! I certainly wanna go there and check it out sometime, especially since I've heard it's got some of the best Indian restaurants in the world!

Happy flying!
        Ameya!

Thanks for the kind compliments!

You have no idea about the indian restaurants! They are the closest you can go to having excellent and authentic indian food without going to India!! Scarborough is where we usually go and they have some amazing restaurants! Not to mention lots of temples! So all in all, Toronto is a great destination no matter what! You feel like you are in India! Its awesome!

-Pete
        Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Originally posted by AA_MD-80@STL
          hey pete!!!!

yeah folks, i am the buddy and friend that kept him waiting at the last minute, was afraid he was gonna miss the flight if he waited any longer!!! lol.

glad to see you had a good flight, from what I could track u pretty much had it right the whole way through!!!!! i would love to go there some day, PIT and canada!!! sooner or later I WILL go to PIT!! Talk to yuo around AIM pete bye!!!
          Hey bro!

You will surely have to come to PIT someday! We can go all over western PA for spotting since they have quite a few airports in this region with airline service! I can't wait till Nov when I come to STL. Hopefully our day trip to MDW will work out!!!!! I'm praying for that! Take care of yourself buddy!!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Pete! You have so many fans! Ive never really considered Canada a place for a vacation, but wow! Sounds like a blast! Canada all of a sudden sounds like such a cool place! Maybe AC wil have some cheap introductory fares when they start service to KDAB!

DeltaASA16

hmmm... AA_MD-80@STL... you wouldnt happen to know TWA@STL?

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaASA16
              Pete! You have so many fans! Ive never really considered Canada a place for a vacation, but wow! Sounds like a blast! Canada all of a sudden sounds like such a cool place! Maybe AC wil have some cheap introductory fares when they start service to KDAB!
              Hey Adam,

What can I say? I'm popular! !

Canada has some great places to visit!! Especially in the summer time! Beautiful sceneries and natural beauty! Toronto is very cosmopolitan! But I think you know the real reason for my trip here! Especially flying up here when driving only takes four hours!!

Take care bud!

Oh and Alex, who is TWA@STL?

-Pete
              Pete Ganabathi

Comment

pete how was the turbulence going out of PIT? i know coming in and landing it gets bad, especially in those ERJ 145's....they bounce around a lot

Comment

Actually that day the conditions were quite good. Although it was a little bumpy over the lake. Not to bad actually! It was clear, light variable winds, temp was 70 degress. Pretty nice actually. It was a perfect evening for flying.

-Pete
                  Pete Ganabathi

Comment

I haven't the foggiest idea.....
                    its been awhile since I talked to him...he had some girl problems to take care of...you guys wouldn't know anything about that right??

Alex

Comment

its been awhile since I talked to him...he had some girl problems to take care of...you guys wouldn't know anything about that right??

Alex
                      Just like you I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about!!!

Hmm for some reason, I remember that he's from your area...do you know him by any chance????

-Pete
                      Pete Ganabathi

Comment

Originally posted by NWAirlinkCRJ@ERI

Alex
                        Just like you I haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about!!!

Hmm for some reason, I remember that he's from your area...do you know him by any chance????

-Pete

hmmh well I am in the STL area, i assume he is too??
                        well when you find out, let me know I am veeeerrryyy interested in knowing too. I would liek to meet him, as I am sure you would to Pete, to meet him as well....

Alex.

Comment

Girl Trouble! What is this all about! Since when did people from STL have girl trouble. I thought STL was the place where everyone got the hook ups!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Girl Trouble! What is this all about! Since when did people from STL have girl trouble. I thought STL was the place where everyone got the hook ups!

DeltaASA16

Bro...STL if AA can't get a "date" here in STL, then Boys can't get a "date" here in STL, but then again..I am not neccesarily from STL....

TWA@STL should know.....
                            he tried to get a girl there, and boy MISTAKE!!
                            Alex.

::woah woah where is this going? it went from a normal flight to YYZ to a guess who's who and who's girl trouble..AND I LIKE IT!!!

Comment

Good trip report! By the way, do you guys have to show your passports when getting to a border country? Wow! We don't!

Cheers

Marcos

Comment

Working...
                              X