Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dusseldorf-London with British Airways (w/pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dusseldorf-London with British Airways (w/pics)

Howdy folks, it's been a while since i've posted on here so I thought I would post a report on a flight which I took today. So obviously i've been travelling a lot, and I wasn't originally planning on doing a report for this flight, but once I saw the aircraft in a special livery (You'll see what I mean soon ) I just thought that I may aswell do one!

Anyway here goes, my first report with pics too so apologies for the crappy picture quality, I was using my iPhone camera.

Airline: British Airways
    Route: Dusseldorf to London Heathrow
    Scheduled Departure: 18:05
    Actual Departure: 18:13
    Scheduled Arrival: 18:25
    Actual Arrival: 18:09
    Aircraft Type/Reg: Airbus A319 (G-EUPD)
    Seat: 23F
    Class: Euro Traveller(Economy)

After checking in online, I was dropped off at the airport at 16:30ish, and headed straight for the BA Bag-Drop desk.
    A little confusing at the desk with me using an Air Berlin booking reference, but cleared up quickly and I headed through security.
    Security was a breeze, as it always is in Germany, then headed through the departure lounge, through a passport control station and then to gate B35.
    Boarding started at 17:40.

The flight aware tracking for the flight.

Boarding....

Greeted onboard by a friendly crew and headed to the very back of the aircraft to take my seat, 23F.

Legroom not the greatest in the world, luckily it's only a short flight.

The flight was pretty much empty, at the gate I counted around 40 people.

Lucky for me, I had the whole of row 23 to myself.
    You can see around the corner rows 24 and 25, both rows are directly opposite the toilet, and row 25 doesn't have a window.
    But fortunately row 23 is the last row on the right side.

We pushed back at around 18:05 and made the short taxi to the runway.

Note the gold pattern on the wing.

Germanwings Airbus holding short of the runway

We blasted off from the runway, passing these, an Air Berlin 738 and Lufthansa 320 as we climbed.

Climbing away from the airport

Auf Wiedersehen Dusseldorf

The climb out was pretty smooth, with a little turbulence here and there as we passed through the clouds.

The drop-down screens showed information in both English and German.

See you again soon Germany no doubt

Seat pocket contents, Highlife Magazine, Highlife Shop, and a Business magazine.

The crew took a bit longer than usual to start the in-flight service, unfortunately for me they served from the front to back.

A full bar service with a sweet or salty snack, I got the salty snack and a coke.
    Good service, although a lot less than what you receive on Air Berlin or Cityjet.

Goodbye mainland Europe!

A windfarm in the middle of the sea!

Covered by clouds, but under there is the east coast of England!

Hmm, since when was Stansted all the way down there!?

Flying over North London, circling to land on 09L

On approach!

Almost down!

Hey there Terminal 5!

Touchdown!

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to London Heathrow...."

Iberia A321 touching down from Madrid

SAS B738 touching down from somewhere cold, I imagine!

If you look closely you can see our reflection!

On stand after a very short flight from Dusseldorf.

Parked up next to this A321 (G-EUX?), which by the look of it had people on it already!

Baggage handlers sprung into work as soon as we got on stand!

Bye bye!

I was through customs in a matter of seconds thanks to the severe lack queues at T5 immigration, largely to most passengers using the e-passport gates leaving all of the counters free!

Just a few minutes after stepping off the plane, I was in the baggage claim hall, belt 4, where the bags took around 2 minutes before they too arrived.

I quickly picked up my bag and headed for the Heathrow Express!

Well guys, I hope you enjoyed the report, not much writing mostly pictures, but it's my first photo report, and my first report overall for a long time.

Auf Wiedersehen!

Oh, why didn't you give numbers for your photos? So, I'll have to do that for us? Ok, let me have a try.

#1 The route, taken from somewhere in the internet, approx 312 nmi.

#2 That's a BA-A320?! Does G-EUPD always visit us like that?

#3 Well. pitch details would be helpful. Let's ask seatguru. Another question. Does BA provide recent information for seatguru? I only ask, because I know that... 4U does not always do that. (How on earth could I mention that...)
    Assumed, that seatguru has the correct info,
    well, 31" is not bad.

#4 Ok, the sun is shining at my home airport. But April, 10th was only warm after lunch (12 or 01 pm). I can say that. I was there.

#5 As we see in the following pictures, your BA flight used our 05R. On April, 10th, we apparently had a westwind scenario (as very often):
    All our rwys, the 23R (for app) and the 23L (for dep) were busy.

#6 ... Is everybody counting?

#9 This is why I write. This is the Ruhr River. You can take a bath in it (like me), you can swim in it (like me), you can sail on it (not like me), you can row on it (like me),
    et cetera.

Home is where your river is. And let me thank you for this brilliant photo.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Home is where you learned as a boy the smell of aviation. EDDL smells like aviation since 1927. And I really really love this place .

In our early years, you could come close to the Junkers 52. Why don't we handle classics any longer?
      Ju 52
      NW-B742
      LT Tristar

I don't know if the A380 is a good replacement. It is not (yet) a classic!

Although, I have to admit, to see the departure of four engines at your home airport, that't quite cool.

Four engines sound different than 2. And a triple3 sounds different than a Citation. And a dash 8 400 is louder than you might expect..
      Last edited by LH-B744; 2016-01-12, 01:39. Reason: home airport.
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
      X