Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Flight Video: London Heathrow (LHR) to Zurich (ZRH) (Swiss Airbus A321)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Flight Video: London Heathrow (LHR) to Zurich (ZRH) (Swiss Airbus A321)

I decided it was time I got a ride on the increasingly rare Fokker 70. KLM are one of the last airlines in Europe operating them, and even they are phasing them out in favor of the Embraer 190. I noticed that on 30 January KLM were using the Fokker 70 in place of the E190 on both the Zurich to Amsterdam, and Amsterdam to London Heathrow flight, so I jumped at the chance to get a flight on this fantastic little aircraft. Firstly I had to fly to Zurich, and for this flight I had a choice of Swiss or British Airways, both the same price. BA only has business class in front of the wing, whereas Swiss have economy several rows in front of the engine, making this option better for filming.

I drove down to Heathrow and opted to park at Hatton Cross Tube Station rather than the overpriced onsite parking, at a cost of £5 for 24 hours vs £60 for 24 hours at the airport parking! It is very convenient for the airport and is only 1 stop from Terminal 2 on the Tube.

This is my third flight through Heathrow’s new Terminal 2, but only my first time departing. It was great to get a good look around the terminal, which is very similar to Terminal 5 in design and style.

I like to film a full length video of all of my flights, so that you can either experience the whole thing in real time or pick and choose the parts you wish to see, so here it is:

Date: 30 January 2016
    Airline: Swiss
    Flight: LX317
    To: Zurich (ZRH)
    Aircraft: Airbus A321
    Departure Time: 09:46
    Arrival Time: 12:02
    Flight Time: 01:16
    Seat: 8F

Click here to watch the entire full length flight, in real time
Working...
X