FRANKFURT - SANTIAGO dC. | First Review of this New Route | LUFTHANSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRANKFURT - SANTIAGO dC. | First Review of this New Route | LUFTHANSA

This is the TripReport of my flight from Frankfurt-Main to Santiago de Compostela with Lufthansa.

This has been the first (and until now the only one flight) in which I saw 100% real occupation in economy class. Not surprisingly, a couple of weeks ago, Lufthansa announced that they will extend the operation of the FRA-SCQ-FRA and MUC-SCQ-MUC routes throughout all the year and the normal operation will be with A320 instead of A319, Incorporating some days the A321. Great news for Galicia!

The flight starts with a nice bus ride to the A319, parked in a remote stand in front of Terminal 2. With that little tour and the long taxi to runway 18, we could see almost every type of airplanes: A350, A380, A340, B787, B747, B777, B767! A delight for any passionate aviation!!

We took off from runway 18 to the south and quickly started our flight plan route, that took us over Paris. From there to Nantes and later to Santiago, flying over the Bay of Biscay. We entered Galicia very close to A Coruņa, city that we could see in the distance. We flew over the thermal plants of As Pontes and Meirama and make the ILS Z approach to runway 17 of Santiago, where we landed on time.

I hope you enjoy this experience and, especially, the great views of my homeland during the whole approach: Galicia!

Santiago d.C. ...

Good that you mentioned the IATA code, SCQ ... First of all, I wondered if I had missed one very important LH longhaul destination, in all those years. But you don't show Chile, which btw, is only one letter away: SCL.

Spain has always been appreciated, since I am an aviation enthusiast. And SCQ already is special, if you'd ask 100 people at FRA or at DUS, I am sure that more than 50% would name another Spanish airport..

And if you'd ask me for an interesting airport in Spain, SVQ (Seville). What a difference a letter makes..

PS: What is our home airport. For aviation enthusiasts that's not an easy question. You'd say that SCQ is your home airport? And the favourite airline for both of us is the same? That seems like an honor.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
      Santiago d.C. ...

Good that you mentioned the IATA code, SCQ ... First of all, I wondered if I had missed one very important LH longhaul destination, in all those years. But you don't show Chile, which btw, is only one letter away: SCL.

Spain has always been appreciated, since I am an aviation enthusiast. And SCQ already is special, if you'd ask 100 people at FRA or at DUS, I am sure that more than 50% would name another Spanish airport..

And if you'd ask me for an interesting airport in Spain, SVQ (Seville). What a difference a letter makes..

PS: What is our home airport. For aviation enthusiasts that's not an easy question. You'd say that SCQ is your home airport? And the favourite airline for both of us is the same? That seems like an honor.
      Ups!! I'm really sorry for the confusion with Santiago de Chile... Precisely, I've put Santiago dC instead of Santiago, to avoid that confusion (that's how LH calls the destination), but I didn't realize that I wasn't fixing anything...

My home airport is Santiago (SCQ) that's for sure. Currently, I'm living at Coruņa (50km to the north of SCQ) where I'm studying the ATPL license, but SCQ is the one that I call "my airport".

About my favourite airline... I must separate low-cost and traditional airlines. Low cost, there's no color: Ryanair, of course. I think is the real only low-cost airline. The others have sometimes very low prices but is not so usual. They are "nice-cost airlines" haha If you ask me about traditional airlines: Lufthansa is the airline that I like the most, for now. But there are also other airlines that I like. Austrian Airlines I think is a very nice airline, for example.

In the specter of the "nice-cost airlines" I love Eurowings. I think they are very well balanced between their prices and the service they offer.

Comment

Originally posted by lukasgv1 View Post
        Ups!! I'm really sorry for the confusion with Santiago de Chile... Precisely, I've put Santiago dC instead of Santiago, to avoid that confusion (that's how LH calls the destination), but I didn't realize that I wasn't fixing anything...

My home airport is Santiago (SCQ) that's for sure. Currently, I'm living at Coruņa (50km to the north of SCQ) where I'm studying the ATPL license, but SCQ is the one that I call "my airport".

About my favourite airline... I must separate low-cost and traditional airlines. Low cost, there's no color: Ryanair, of course. I think is the real only low-cost airline. The others have sometimes very low prices but is not so usual. They are "nice-cost airlines" haha If you ask me about traditional airlines: Lufthansa is the airline that I like the most, for now. But there are also other airlines that I like. Austrian Airlines I think is a very nice airline, for example.

In the specter of the "nice-cost airlines" I love Eurowings. I think they are very well balanced between their prices and the service they offer.
        Oh please, don't you say that mean "R" word. My home airport still (since 1927) is one of the very few intercontinental airports,
        in contrast to Rhein/Main (!),
        where pilots who fly without salary have never taken place.

Austrian Air, yes. If we agree that we don't use the "R" word so often, I could really become your friend. Btw, would you be able to imagine to work for one airline for 50 years, without interruption?

I only could imagine very few men, less than a hand full, who could be able to celebrate 50 years in professional aviation, in one rather unimportant European airline, this year...
        Last edited by LH-B744; 2017-06-15, 00:17. Reason: 50 years in one rather unimportant European airline? Fireworks.
        The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
        The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
        And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
        This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Working...
        X