American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles To Tokyo Haneda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Airlines 787-9 Business Class Los Angeles To Tokyo Haneda

This is part one of a four part trip report featuring my flights around Asia over the summer.

The Four Flights:

Flight One:
    [Flight Information]
    Aircraft: Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
    Airline: American Airlines
    Date: Early June 2019
    Flight Time: 10 hours 30 minutes
    To: Tokyo Haneda International Airport (HND)
    Seat: 6L

Video:

Summary:

• The 787 is truly a fantastic aircraft to fly on. American Airlines’ was no exception. The business class seat manufactured by Collins Aerospace is a huge step up in terms of comfort, spaciousness, and privacy compared to the custom-made Concept D by Zodiac featured on American’s 787-8s and select 777-200s. The takeoff (in the video) was stunning with an amazing wing view and had condensation form over the wing. My location on the aircraft resulted in a fantastic engine roar of the General Electric’s GEnx-1B. Upon takeoff, we had a great view of California and headed towards the Bay Area. SFO, SJC, OAK, Half Moon Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, downtown San Francisco and more could be seen from the right side of the aircraft.
    • Shortly, we were served a multi-course meal consisting of an appetizer, salad, main course, and dessert. This meal was solid, probably near the best I’ve had. Just a heads up… if anyone flies on American’s business/first class, avoid the “Beef Filet” or Steak. Always go for the Beef Short Rib. I’ve had the steak/filet in the past many times. They usually always disappoint. However, American began updating their meals in the past year to include the short rib, which I have had three times. All three were absolutely fantastic. The dessert was a tangy and delicious passion fruit cake.
    • After meal service, I watched a few things on American’s solid entertainment system, and tried out the flat bed. Again, the seat was very spacious, especially for your legs. The footwell isn’t too constricting. After getting a few hours of sleep, I woke up and the flight attendants came around and offered a mid-flight snack. I chose some cold Udon Noodles which tasted alright.
    • About an hour and thirty minutes before landing, the flight attendants began waking everyone for breakfast and preparation for landing. The breakfast was a chicken over rice which tasted pretty good. Shortly after that, we began our descent into Tokyo Haneda. It was a rather cloudy and overcast landing, but it offered a solid view of downtown Tokyo and the Tokyo SkyTree. This was my first time visiting Tokyo Haneda for several years, so I forgot how beautiful the international terminal was.

Thanks for reading/watching. For the next three parts, you can find them on my channel. I will also be posting them here some time.

Marshalls offer you a desirable and rapidly changing mix of high-quality merchandise. So whatever your fashion style classic, understated, eclectic, or super-trendy, you will find something fun and special, at a great price. what time does marshalls close

Comment

Working...
    X