MYT277/278 MAN-TFS-MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MYT277/278 MAN-TFS-MAN

The date was October 10th 2003...left Scotland at 5am for the drive down to Manchester Airport. Flight was scheduled to leave at 11am for the 4 hour flight down to Tenerife. Checked in at MYT departures at 8:30am after the car had been parked at a nearby car park, where we got bussed to the Terminal. During this bus journey, I noticed a new a/c type for me..a Singapore Airlines 777-200ER so I was pretty chuffed about seeing that.
    Well...the flight was originally to be operated by a DC-10-10 but due to these being retired early, I knew it would be something different. So got to check in, where they handed us a piece of paper notifying us that todays flight would be operated by a European 747-200
    So, my first time ever on a 747
    Went to the cafe overlooking the airfield prior to going into the departure lounge. A/c I seen from there included...PIA 747-200, Air Transat A310, MyTravel A320,A321 and 2 A330s, Air 2000 757s, Monarch 757 and A300, Air Scandic A300 (G-SWJW which I had previously flown on NCL-TFS-NCL a few years earlier), Air France A320, Finnair MD82. BMI Baby 733s - New airline for me, amongst a whole load of other things.
    Went through to departures, boarding at Gate 23. When standing there, I could see a MH 744, DL 763, US 333, LO 767 (op for BWIA) and a couple of Air Atlanta 747s taxiied past as well as the Virgin/Air Atlanta 742.
    G-BDXH pulled up to the stand, and we started to board, slightly late though.
    By the time we pushed back, it was after 12 noon, so we would be using the old runway (24R) for our departure.
    The takeoff run was pretty quick and the 747 climbed very quickly into the air and we turned to the left to head down to Tenerife.
    As we climbed, we were informed that the movies shown would be Finding Nemo and Anger Management. The first one didnt appeal to me, so I just started drinking, ordering 3 cans of Stella Artois At £2 each
    Food was nice, cant mind what it was, and the flight went well.
    So, after 3.5 hours of flying, we started our descent into Tenerife where the captain informed us that it was raining
    Landing was on runway 8 and noticeable a/c on the ground included a Domodedovo IL-96, Volar 757 and Iberia 757 as well as 2 Air Atlanta 747-200s.

Flight back, date 17th October.
    Checked in early, a/c for the return flight an Air Plus Comet A310-300, first time onboard an A310 for me with a European 737-200 operating an extra flight to MAN.
    FA's were all women and extremly hot
    Seen a Kras Air Tu204 which was a highlight, as well as a Transaero 767-200.
    There was quite a lot of Scots on this flight back to Manchester though. Takeoff was from runway 26, and again a very steep climbout. Boy, those A310s are powerful
    Film was the The Italian Job which I watched, beer was a Spanish beer for £1 food was good again and then I fell asleep until we started our descent into Manchester.
    Touchdown was on runway 6L and as we taxiied to Gate 28, I noticed a Virgin 747-400 and an Aeris 767 which had been stored at MAN.
    Anyway, hope you enjoyed this report, and if you've any questions, feel free to ask.
    Beers are always better when nice and cold

Great trip report
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Well seeing as I didnt actually fly on MYT I'll rate them from last years flight I flew with them. On that basis, I would give them a 9.
      For this years flights, I would give European an 8 and Air Plus Comet an 8 also.
      Beers are always better when nice and cold

Comment

Working...
      X