Okay...

CHS-LGA-CHS

CHS-LGA
    DEC 19, 2003
    ERJ
    Chautauqua/US Airways
    Scheduled time: 5:20
    Actual time: 5:35ish

Check in and security was a breeze. No line at either. In concourse B, which housed CO, NW, and US, there was my flight, a CO to EWR, a US 737 to CLT, and a couple more US regionals, so it was pretty dead. The plane arrived after we should have been boarding, but there was a very quick turnaround. We took off at least 15 minutes late. Surprisingly, we were first in line for takeoff !!!!!!!

The flight was 100% full, and very clean for such a quick turnaround. It was nice to fly on an ERJ after seeing so many CRJ's for such a long time. The flight attendent was a little bit better than what you normally find on rjs, but Chautauqua always seems to have good f/as. The service was decent, but no full cans of soda were given.

As I mentioned, the plane was very clean. I really love the ERJ. It seemed a lot smaller than I remembered, though. Maybe it's because I have grown at least 9 in since the last time I flew on one . I think I am 6 ft now, b/c my head hit the top when I stood up, and the ERJ has a 6 ft cabin.

Good flight.

Overall:
    95%

LGA-CHS
    DEC 24, 2003
    ERJ
    Chautauqua/US Airways
    Scheduled time: 3:24
    Actual time: 5:25

I got to LGA 1 hour before we were supposed to leave, after having rushed to the airport. Then I found a long check in line and an even longer security line waiting for me! We had to pay a $25 fee because our bag weighed more than 50 lbs. That made me mad!

Our plane was not at the gate when we got there, and in fact, it did not get there for a long time. This was very frustrating, since I had been rushing so much to get there on time. There were 7 flights scheduled within 2 hrs at my gate, which was silly, since there were 4 gates which had no scheduled flights within that 2 hr period. US Airways does not use their space efficiently.

The service was like the first flight.

We arrived very late, due to attrocious weather. It was the most bumpy takeoff I have ever experienced in my life. During our 30 second takeoff roll, the co-pilot took the microphone and said, "Hold on folks! It's gonna be a bumpy ride!" Comforting! Huh?

In LGA, they announced that the flight was overbooked by 7 seats. Which means:

US AIRWAYS SOLD 57 TICKETS FOR A FLIGHT WITH 50 AVAILABLE SEATS!!!

GREAT GOING US AIR!!!

Sort of stupid...huh? We originally volunteered to be bumped off and moved to a different flight. My brother was flying on the 7:30 on US to CHS, and we tried to get on his flight, but we decided not to. They told us his flight was overbooked:

GREAT GOING US AIR!!!!

They said we would have to connect in DCA...we declined.

Overall:
    70% satisfied (and I'm being generous!)

Gr8 report!!

i was wondering where you'd gone...
    www.acairport.com

Comment

now ya know

Comment

sweet! i'm going BOS-BUF on an ERJ Sunday. I can't wait

Comment

They are sooooooooo much better than the CRJ.

Embraer definently outdid bombardier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In case you didn't know, in my book:
          CRJ=

Comment

Working...
          X