Flight review: STL-MIA-BAQ AA/AV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flight review: STL-MIA-BAQ AA/AV

St. Louis-Miami, American Airlines AA1047, 6:00 AM CST, Friday, January 2, 2004:

Woke up at 3:00 AM, and got to the airport at approximately 4:15 AM.

Security was bordering in paranoia, as usual, and finally got to the gate at 5:30.

Took off from St. Louis at exactly 6:00 AM, couldn't see much, since I was seated on an aisle seat and it was dark, anyway, so I went to sleep.

Two words: NO FOOD. Just a measly soda and a power bar.

Generally speaking, the flight was very pleasant, except for a really strong turbulence 10 minutes after takeoff.

Flight lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes, arriving at MIA at 9:30 AM EST.

Waited for 4 hours at MIA, had lunch there, and checked in for MIA-BAQ.

Miami-Barranquilla, Avianca AV0003, 2:00 PM EST, Friday, January 2, 2004:

Same drill as STL's, but no baggage check-in involved, since my baggage was ticketed all the way to BAQ in STL.

This flight was also pleasant, much more since we ACTUALLY had real food: Beef stew, veggies, mashed potatoes, cheesecake and soda.

The only negative thing: I fell asleep in a rather bad position, and got whiplash, which I'm still hurting from!!!

This time I had a window, seat, but thanks to my mom, who left our camera in our Thanksgiving trip to Waco, have no pics to share.

Wait for my review for the flight back to STL!!!

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Short, sweet, and to the point

Just forgot one small detail...

I'm assuming you were on a 757 and an MD80?
    www.acairport.com

Comment

Originally posted by matt1168
      Short, sweet, and to the point

Just forgot one small detail...

I'm assuming you were on a 757 and an MD80?
      That's right!!!

AA 757 and AV MD83.

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Re: Flight review: STL-MIA-BAQ AA/AV

Originally posted by Flying High
        St. Louis-Miami, American Airlines AA1047, 6:00 AM CST, Friday, January 2, 2004:

Woke up at 3:00 AM, and got to the airport at approximately 4:15 AM.

Security was bordering in paranoia, as usual, and finally got to the gate at 5:30.

Took off from St. Louis at exactly 6:00 AM, couldn't see much, since I was seated on an aisle seat and it was dark, anyway, so I went to sleep.

Two words: NO FOOD. Just a measly soda and a power bar.

Generally speaking, the flight was very pleasant, except for a really strong turbulence 10 minutes after takeoff.

Flight lasted 2 hours and 30 minutes, arriving at MIA at 9:30 AM EST.

Waited for 4 hours at MIA, had lunch there, and checked in for MIA-BAQ.

Miami-Barranquilla, Avianca AV0003, 2:00 PM EST, Friday, January 2, 2004:

Same drill as STL's, but no baggage check-in involved, since my baggage was ticketed all the way to BAQ in STL.

This flight was also pleasant, much more since we ACTUALLY had real food: Beef stew, veggies, mashed potatoes, cheesecake and soda.

The only negative thing: I fell asleep in a rather bad position, and got whiplash, which I'm still hurting from!!!

This time I had a window, seat, but thanks to my mom, who left our camera in our Thanksgiving trip to Waco, have no pics to share.

Wait for my review for the flight back to STL!!!
        Sure I will do !
        Saludos / Regards
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
        X