Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA MWA-STL-DFW-MCO FEB 4TH, 2004

ALL TIMES CENTRAL UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED
    (MWA) Marion-Williamson County Regional Airport to (STL) Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
    American Connection/Corporate Airlines
    Flight #: 5908
    Aircraft: Bae Jet stream 32
    Registration Number-N883CH
    Scheduled Departure time: 11:45AM
    Actual Departure time (when the plane starts taxing is my def.): 11:45AM
    Scheduled Arrival time: 12:30PM
    Actual Arrival Time: 12:15pm
    My dad and I arrived at the airport. We checked in and got our tickets and boarding passes. I sat down and chatted with him and my mom about the flights and everything. Then they called for boarding. We lined up and went through security. I had to take my shoes off and my jacket and put everything in security through the machine. I went through fine and gathered my stuff. I sat down and waited for everyone to be done with them. Then the woman came over and said we could board. She opened the doors leading outside, and we all walked outside heading to the aircraft. I got on board, and the pilot told my dad and I we could sit anywhere we wanted. So we sat behind the cockpit. I waited for everyone else to finish boarding. Then, the pilots sat down and I watched them do their stuff. The props turned on and we taxied to the runway. Following behind us was a bunch of Cessna’s. Then we sat and waited for a Cessna to land. Then after it landed we turned right onto the “active” runway. We waited a couple of seconds. Then the props speeded up and we shooted down the runway and then lifted off. We turned left and got a magnificent view of the snow on the ground. Then we leveled at 6,000feet and went about 240 MPH the whole time. I snapped some pics of the cockpit and the pilot working. Then, 20 min later (there was no service on board) we started the approach. We flew on the left side of the Arch. Then went over the city and then turned left, and then turned right for approach to Runway 12R. Wheels plopped down and then in no time we landed, very smooth landing by the way. We taxied to B-14. The pilot got up and mentioned he had to fly to CGI, then back to STL, and then hop on a RJ to GA / KLGA), USA - New York">LGA. We grabbed our bags and made a dash for C-16 as our flight to Dallas was boarding right now. SO we got through, went up the stairs into the B- Concourse, and walked over to the departure screens to make so our next flight was on time and it was. We walked over to C-16 and sat down waiting for our group to be called.

(STL) Lambert-St. Louis International Airport to (DFW) Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport
    American Airlines
    Flight # 2969
    Registration Number-UNKNOWN
    Aircraft: McDonnell Douglas- MD-80/S80
    Scheduled Departure time: 1:00PM
    Actual Departure Time: 1:02pm
    Scheduled Arrival time: 2:54pm
    Actual Arrival Time: 3:30pm
    After we arrived, we sat and waited for Group 4 to be called. They called our group and then we got on board, I sat in 25F and my dad in 25D. The middle seat was open the entire flight so we had nice room on board. After everyone got on board, they closed the door, and the F/A did the safety procedure. I didn’t pay attention, I never do, and I just turned my head to watch the plane son approach. The planes were AA 757, WN 733, DL CRJ, and 732, US A CRJ, UAL CRJ and AWA. The weather is now very cloudy at STL. We taxi out of gate C-16 and head to Runway 12L. We turn and immediately start taking off. No waits nothing; we even started WHILE we turned. We lifted off and banked right and then went up into the clouds. We stayed in the clouds the ENTIRE flight. I did not like it at all. So, I just listened to music and read the in-flight magazine. They served drinks and pretzels. They gave me the whole can, which I did not have to ask for. I drank it and ate them pretzels, and then went back to the music. Flight time was scheduled to be 1 hour and 34 minutes and cruising flight was 28,000 feet. There wasn’t much else to report for the flight itself. It gets interesting as we started our approach to DFW. We start going down and the pilot is shifting the wings back and forth, back and forth.etc etc…lol The clouds gets darker and darker, and I could tell we were landing into a rainstorm. We just keep going down, and down. Then the flaps go down and the wheels go down as well, and we are still in the clouds. The engine slows down and the spoils go up to go down more I guess. Then he puts the spoils down and the engine revs up again. Then finally the clouds part, and like about 20 second after the clouds part we are on the ground. Man is that low clouds or what!! I do not know what runway we landed on. We landed past 3 AA 777 and the Lufthansa Building (That familiar to anyone?) Then taxied by hat. We turned left over another runway. Then went straight past the GA area. Then went over a road/bridge (which I thought was very neat hadn’t done that since PHX and ORD). Then we turned left to the C Terminal. So is this route familiar? Anyone can tell me what runway we landed on from this? Then we stop but we are still on the tarmac. The pilot come son and says due to extensive delays in Dallas, we will be waiting for a gate to open. I groan…we ended up waiting for 30 minutes!!! In that time, I saw 6 AA 763, 4 AA777 taxi in and out and witnessed my first thrust reverse S80 AA back up from the gate. Can I say LOUD?? WOW!!! The finally the pilot came on and said we have a gate open and it was originally the one we were supposed to be in anyway, C-16. Everyone got off and we entered the Terminal. AT first glance (Iv never been to Dallas the city OR the airport) I thought it was HUGE!! It was very, very impressive and clean so kudos to DFW!! You could definitely tell it was an AA Hub and AA made sure of that. So we wet to the McDonalds in front of the C-23 gate and ate there. Then I ended up walking to the wrong gate lol. The gate we were scheduled to leave form was C-32, I walked to C-23, and I got it-reversed lol. Then after getting it right, we walked to C-32. Now this is where my disappointment comes in. THERE WAS NO WINDOW!!! L Just a huge Black wall or something and a door leading to the jet way, which leads to the plane. So we sat in the area, and waited. And waited…and waited.

(DFW) Dallas-Fort. Worth International Airport to (MCO) Orlando International Airport
    American Airlines
    Flight #: 1074
    Registration Number-UNKNOWN
    Aircraft: Boeing 757-200
    Scheduled Departure time: 4:45pm
    Actual Departure Time: 5:30pm
    Scheduled Arrival Time: 8:00pm(EST)
    Actual Arrival Time: 9:00pm
    So, after waiting, around 4:15pm(time we were supposed to board) the 757 from LAS arrived at the gate. The people got off and we had to wait till the airline cleaned it up again. Then they announced First Class. Then group 1, 2, 3 then finally MY group-4. I got my bag and walked up. Now I was pissed off because there was no window for me to see the 757, so therefore I couldn’t get a reg #. Or even take a pic of the plane. So I walked down this looong jet way. Then stopped at the door. And then saw something that mad me smile. I saw TWA signs all over inside. On the oven, on the window, on the floor. So then I knew I was on an ex-TWA 757. And looking at the engine helped confirm it for me. So I proceeded down first class. Going very slowly waiting for people to find the seats. It was then a sudden chill came over me. It just hit me I was on a 757. I have never flown one before and this would be my first flight on one. Then another chill came over me. I also realized its also a 757 (now ur thinking.uhm didn’t u say that before?). lol well, this time, I was thinking back to 9/11. How I stared at the F/C seats and thought those hijackers sat in the same seats I am looking at now. And then I turned to look at the cockpit door, which was open, but guarded by the pilot, and just got a flashback to the people rushing and screaming, and it was an odd flashback since I never experienced it in the first place. I was safe at home watching it all on TV. It was a strange experience. Then, I shook it off and walked down the cabin. Headed to seat 18F, which was right over the wing. I sit down and am in awe of the 757. How huge it is, and just the fact that it’s a 757 hahah. I setteled into my seat and looked around me to see the paxs and what they were doing and looked out the window to watch the take offs. I saw tons of DL planes, and saw two DL OLD OLD colors-MD90 and Md88. saw an NWA Airbus A320 take off. Then its about 5:00pm. We are still at the gate, 15 min after scheduled departure time. Finally, we depart from the gate and the screens come down and show the safety video. I watched it with interest as its my first watching it on TV(used to watching it live..). Then we taxied to some runway. A long, taxi by the way. Behind..a AA 77, 2 S80, AA 757 and two Delta’s. so it took about 30 min to wait for them to take off. In that tiem I watched them take off a police car came screaming down the tarmac with the lights on and watched it take off to a road. Wondered what that was about?? Then finally, we turned for the runway. Sat. Then the engine came to life and powered up. Then he released the brake and we shot down the runway. Wasn’t to long till we then took off. We banked right and disappeared into the clouds. It was very turbulent ride. We leveled off and I turned behind me to watch this gorgeous sunset. I put on my music-Forever and for Always by Shania Twain(God love her!!!) and listened to that as the sun set down….the most romantic setting you could possibly have and no girl to share it with me..L. Then the night came on and the entire ride was very shakey. The pilot kept apologizing that he couldn’t find a clear air space to get away from this. I actually like turbulence. So I dunno what he was sorry for hahaha. We were served soda and pretzels again. This time I had to ask for the Can. She said “no problem” and greeted me with a smile as she gave me the can and I said “thanks”. I enjoyed watching the tv shows(Everybody loves Raymond) and listened to the personalized music in ur seats which I thought was very cool. So I enjoyed that for the rest of the flight. Then we started our descent into MCO. It is a very awesome sight to see at night, I love flying at night as u get to see the city lights and everything. We headed down and the flaps came out and then we touched down for a very smooth landing. Figured, the entire flight is shaky, but the landing is smooth, who would have thunk? We taxied to Gate 6 I think. I got off and walked with my dad down to baggage claim to meet my aunt who we were visiting. That’s the end of the trip. How was it? Questions and comment are more then welcome!!

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com
Working...
X