AOC-STN-AOC on Ryanair for few hours of spotting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOC-STN-AOC on Ryanair for few hours of spotting

Before reading this report you should take a look at my last Ryanair trip report. http://jetphotos.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=72206#72206

This time I travelled to STN with a friend to spot a few hours and to fly on an aircraft. For the roundtrip we had to pay 35,- Euro per person including taxes and fees. The trip started again by car with searching the airport of Altenburg-Nobitz or Leipzig-Altenburg regarding to Ryanair. Since we had big problems with finding the airport the last time I wrote a mail to the airport and got a, not very detailed but good, way description. So it was very easy to find the airport, but a few more road signs won?t be bad.
    After we arrived at the airport I again had to laugh ?bout this small house which is the terminal. The check-in started ten minutes late due to some problems they had with a very big box of some construction workers who were travelling to STN. Because we were travelling without any check-in luggage everything went on very quickly and I was given number 43 for boarding, which means that I was in the first group for boarding the aircraft. After check-in we directly went to the gate area and waited for the plane to arrive. The plane G-BZZH arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule on runway 22. I was very lucky to see that it was an ex Continental aircraft, cause I?ve been on all ex Buzz aircraft. We boarded the aircraft very quickly and I sat down on 22F.
    The interior of the aircraft was typically Ryanair, used and a bit dirty. However, the F/A were very friendly and we made our way to runway 23 a half hour ahead of schedule. The plane was fully booked and we took of smoothly.
    During the flight the friendly captain told us something about our way and the cruising altitude. We flew in 34000 feet near Cologne and direct over Amsterdam but had clouds all the way beneath us. After 1 hour and 20 minutes we arrived 40 minutes ahead of schedule and were very surprised to see the sun smiling over STN. We made our way to the gate and deboarded the plane via stairs. On the way to the terminal I took and pic and was told immediately not to take pictures anymore.

We made our way out of the terminal and searched a good place for spotting. Near to the terminal a police car approached us and the cop asked very friendly what we?re doing here. I told him what our plan was and he advised us to spot not near to the airport. Not caring about this we made our way along the fence and found a good place direct under the approach of runway 23. There we stayed for 2 hours and photographed the many 737?s of Ryanair and Easyjet. Then anther police car inside the airport perimeter stopped and again we were told very friendly to leave this place. A few meters away we continued spotting till it was too dark for. Back at the airport we had a meal which was expensive and not very good. During the night we decided to walk a bit around the airport but again were told not to take pictures because of security reasons. It even wasn?t allowed to take pictures of the terminal. So we had to stay at the airport for 12 long hours till our flight was scheduled. In the night the whole airport was crowded with people lying all around. Clearly an indication that Stansted is a Low cost carrier airport.

In the morning we checked-in and made our way to the gate. At this point I want to say that all employees in and around the airport were very friendly even the cops and security. At the gate we had to wait about two hours but we saw many interesting planes. After the plane, G-BZZI - another ex Continental aircraft, arrived boarding was announced but nothing happened. We had to wait another 10 minutes at the stairs to the gate. But at the end we were able to proceed boarding and I sat down on 26A the last row of the aircraft. I thought that in the last row it would be possible to recline the seat a bit?but not in this plane. We took off on schedule. The staff was friendly but not that much. This time the captain not told us something ?bout the flight. All in all the flight wasn?t very spectacular and the aircraft in normal Ryanair conditions. After 1 hour and 30 minutes we landed again 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

Summarizing I can say that this time my experiences with Ryanair were much better than the last time I flew them. If you got used to the condition of the aircraft interior and the behaviour of the staff, flying with Ryanair can be very good and cheap experience.

Hope you all enjoyed reading this report, even when my English wasn?t the best today.

Aircraft for AOC-STN route and some impressions of the flight
    [photoid=227769]
    [photoid=227783]
    [photoid=227777]
    [photoid=227780]
    [photoid=227787]

Spotting at STN...not a big variety
    Ryanair 737
    [photoid=228689]

Easyjet 737
    [photoid=228744]

and the highlight of the day for me
    [photoid=228819]

Aircraft for STN-AOC route and some impressions of the flight
    [photoid=204309]
    [photoid=229003]
    [photoid=228825]
    [photoid=228830]
    [photoid=228831]

Stansted airport
    [photoid=228834]
    [photoid=228837]
    ________
    LovelyChloe
    Last edited by DRS-Spotter; 2011-09-16, 06:13.

Georg Noack = Quality on trip reports

Ich muss dich noch einmal gratulieren! Great review of a very interesting flight.

Apparently Ryanair loves making people believe Hahn is Frankfurt, Weimar is Erfurt, Lübeck is Hamburg and Altenburg is Leipzig. Next step: Friedrichshafen is Zürich! :P

I still have to try them, and I am looking forward to. They may be terrible, but I want to see it with my own eyes before judging.

Again, congratulations!

Cheers
    Marcos

Comment

im biased towards the FDX MD-11 nice shots!
      ________
      MadisonQT cam

Comment

Working...
      X