X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scramjet
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    The Aurora has been rumored to exist for several decades already, I wouldn't put too much money on it .
    Hmmm, look at the U-2 program, virtually uknown until Francis Gary Powers was shot down over the USSR.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Originally posted by YYZPICS
    There is the Aurora that is rumored to exist thow.
    The Aurora has been rumored to exist for several decades already, I wouldn't put too much money on it .

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    replied
    I say satellites and UAV's, satellites are very much capable of getting the same pictures without putting men in harms way. So i think there just goin to develop more sophisticated satellites rather then a new aircraft. There is the Aurora that is rumored to exist thow.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    what will they be replacing the U2s with? further implementation of UAVs?

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    started a topic Pentagon to retire U-2 spy plane

Pentagon to retire U-2 spy plane

WASHINGTON, Jan. 4 (UPI) -- A classified budget document approved by the Pentagon Dec. 23 calls for the termination by 2011 of one of the most heavily relied-upon reconnaissance planes in the Iraq war.

The storied U-2 spy plane would commence retirement in 2007 under the strictures of Program Budget Decision, or PBD, 720, according to Pentagon, defense industry and congressional officials familiar with the document

PBD 720 would retire three U-2s in 2007, six in 2008, seven in both 2009 and 2010 and the final 10 in 2011.

Full Story
Working...
X