Clear All

• YYZPICS
    replied
    Well the Woblin Gobblin has been around for 25 years now

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Top_Gun
    I know, seems still way to early to start removing the F-117. I can see the U-2, and even downsizing the Buffs, but not the Woblin Gobblin
    Woblin' Gobblin' sounds cool

Leave a comment:

• uy707
    replied
    U2s
    For : excellent manned reco aircraft
    Against : new stage UAV can do most of the job. Another bia : it can be vulnerable.
    Verdict : should keep them anyway. Robots won't never replace mankind especially on delicate missions
    B52s
    For : like the U2s, also an old bird which has made her proofs and still does by faring better than the much newer B1 Lancer.
    Against : terrible fuel burner, terrible incured operational costs starting with maintenance
    Verdict : Re-engine the survivors
    F.117
    For : nothing
    Against : Everything
    Verdict : It's ugly, it's slow, it can be detected and when so, it can be downed. Should be the first to go to allow some time in pondering to how to find a new job for the Buffs and U2s.
    Alain

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    So, they want to get rid of the plane that has been their most usefull weapon in every war the US has been in in over 2 decades? Brilliant, just brilliant.

Leave a comment:

• Top_Gun
    replied
    I know, seems still way to early to start removing the F-117. I can see the U-2, and even downsizing the Buffs, but not the Woblin Gobblin

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Why get rid of the F117?

Leave a comment:

• YYZPICS
    started a topic B-52, F-117 added to the chopping block

B-52, F-117 added to the chopping block

"The Defense Department plans to accelerate retirement of key Air Force aircraft, including nearly half the B-52 bomber force and the full U-2 spy plane and F-117 stealth fighter fleets, in a bid to save $2.6 billion and boost spending for the services' prized F-22A fighter aircraft program"

Full Story

Whats your thoughts?
Working...
X