Su27 crash in Ukraine video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Su27 crash in Ukraine video

This happened in July 2002. "At least 78 people were killed including 27 children and more than 115 injured in western Ukraine, when the military aircraft crashed into a crowd of spectators at an air show.

Thousands of people watched in horror as the Russian-made Sukhoi Su-27 jet plummeted from the sky, exploding into flames amongst the crowded stands, in what has become the world's worst air show disaster."

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Jeez! I'm kind of wandering if the person that shot that is dead now...

Comment

Oh, that is terrible. :shakehead: I think the collision of italian trainer jets in Germany in 1990 is the most terrible airshow disaster? was the pilot in that Su-27 is dead now?
      Irfan Faiz Nazerollnizam. Computer geek and gamer

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
        was the pilot in that Su-27 is dead now?
        Both ejected at the last minute and survived. I pretty sure that's them in the brown overall's in the first image. In the second image that black figure above the flame is one of them.

Comment

One of the worst airshow disaster of all time

Comment

thats so sad, 78 people go to an airshow for a day of fun, and they leave in bodybags

Comment

Man that video is insane...wonder if they could figure out what was going on when all they saw was the intakes on that thing...and I also believe the trainer jet crash in Germany was the worst airshow disaster..
              ________
              Marijuana bubbler

Comment

I have another video here filmed from another angle. I had to crop the last part off because it's pretty graphic and probably not appropriate for jetphotos.

One minute into the video you can see one of the ejected pilot's. Imagine being him, looking around at the hell you created.

Comment

Is that what I think it is at the very end??
                  ________
                  Cheap easy vape vaporizer

Comment

Originally posted by dneedham
                    Is that what I think it is at the very end??
                    most likely

Comment

Originally posted by fjki98
                      Oh, that is terrible. :shakehead: I think the collision of italian trainer jets in Germany in 1990 is the most terrible airshow disaster? was the pilot in that Su-27 is dead now?
                      this was in 1988 at Ramstein AB but the Su-27 crash killed more.
                      greetings,
                      Philip

Comment

That Crash was crazy.... So sad indeed !

So when was the rule about flying /demo where you are atleast 500 yards? away from the crowd released ? and not directly above the spectators?
                        Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
                          One minute into the video you can see one of the ejected pilot's. Imagine being him, looking around at the hell you created.
                          that would suck so much, being responsible for the death of all those people... I'd hate having to live with that.

Comment

Yeah that svcked! Did both pilots survived this crash ?

So what did happen to this pilot ? Was it an error or technical ? Obviously they were flying to low when doin that right-roll_over..
                            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Wow, that is terrible

However, note that the first reaction by the president Kuchma was to "dismissed both the air force chief and the commander of the air force division". Could it really be their fault, or could it be a consequence of the lack of sufficient funds for the Ukranian air force?

Comment

Working...
                              X